“Lovin' this Boutique Hotel”

Zuzuni Boutique Hotel
Ranked #18 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I went to Boracay for the 3rd time but this time i'm with my best friend and it is my first time to book with Zuzuni.

Pros:
- Location: Beachfront! Station 1 but near to Station 2 D'Mall, Army Navy is just beside the hotel.
-Service: Great Service! Friendly Staff especially Aldrin he is really doing a great job :)
- Room: I upgraded our room because I really want to have a beachfront room; and I must say the beachfront balcony is so amazing, best place to have some drinks or even take a nap in the afternoon.
-The Bed is very comfortable and they have lots of pillows :)
- Room facilities: Cable TV, Split type aircon, hot and cold shower, toilet with bidet,closet with security deposit box, reading lamp.
-Food: Since it is just a boutique hotel, free breakfast is plated though they will offer you with a menu where you could choose from. PLEASE TRY MATI SIN dessert of Cozina (name of the restaurant downstairs)

Cons:
Location: Yes it is great that the hotel is a beachfront property but to enjoy swimming you must walk further since the beachfront is parking area for Sailboats (Paraws).
Service: We find it hard to request for room service because there are no phones and the service button doesn't work though.
-Room: The room is just enough for 2 persons and i don't think there will be an area for additional persons.
- They should put anti-slip mat in the shower area
-There's a window at the bedroom/bathroom wall, so you can see the person in the bathroom. (Good for couples only)
-No phones- Hard time to call for a room servie
-Wooden bed frame always get in my way though they already placed a "safety" plastic in every corner but it still hurts everytime you bump into it.
-Walls are wet. They have to do something with this.
-There's a chair in the balcony that is broken and it can cause accident if you sit on it. My friend almost fell.
-They only provide 1 soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste and towels. Hope they also provide bedroom slippers and additional toiletries like hand soap, bath soap, earbuds etc.
- There's no peep hole in the door.
Food: Cozina food is quite pricey.

Over all it is a great experience! and yes, I'll be coming back to Zuzuni Room 6 and I'm going to eat mati sin again :)

Room Tip: Book beachfront rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ac m
There are newer reviews for Zuzuni Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 18 May 2014

If you are looking for a budget place at the center of everything this is a good place. Its near the area where all the shops and restaurants are at and near station one where the good beach is at. Good staff. You can eat your breakfast anytime of the day. Great for budget travellers.

Room Tip: Choose the biggest room that has a view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AttyAguila
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Great Manager and staff, new and spacious room with loft, cool aircon, delicious and sumptuos breakfast.They made our first Boracay vacation wonderful. I had an incident where I forgot that I put my mobile in my rear pocket then went to the toilet. As expected, I dropped it inside the toilet bowl! I hurriedly grabbed it out, imagine it yucky but it's my own pee so I dont care. After wiping I approached the housekeeping staff to give me a bowl of rice where I can let my phone stand inside around with the rice to sip the moist inside the phone. The housekepping supervisor was so quick and abrupt to my request. He saved my phone, I'm still using it right now. NO problem after that. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I am an avid fan of this boutique hotel, despite of being a small entity, (well now it has expanded) it will not let you down when it comes to the experience, the tranquility, ambiance and aura is just at the right level. Despite of being in the middle of station 2, I didn't have any noise problems, Its my 4th stay to my so called 2nd home in boracay, I will keep on coming back to this place over and over again. Sweet staff, delicious food, and the mati chocolate sin that is to die for! See you next year Zuzuni!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AicoWei
Reviewed 24 April 2014

went to boracay this april and i definitely recommend dining in zuzuni. i visited the place only to check out the dessert bloggers are raving about called Mati sin. indeed, it was really good up to the last bite. highly recommended!! We went back to celebrate our last night in bora and ordered wagyu burger and squid paella which exceeded our expectations. a good way to end our boracay vacation. :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank angelm_md
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

A friend and i stayed in Zuzuni for 4 days and 3 nights last holyweek 2014 in one of the two premier rooms. Room - nice and clean, beddings and pillows - white sheet and clean. Bath - small and nice but somehow has a very weird smell. View - nice beachfront - you can see all the people, all the by passers in boracay. Location - perfect near the D Mall. Food - very limited they serve small portions.
Beach beds - they should buy those made in plastic not comfortable to use made of wood kinda heavy also i find it very unhygienic because those beds they convert into tables during dinner time, also they only have prolly 6 beds which cant accommodate all the guests.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Firstly, the location is perfect. Step straight onto the sand. Hotel itself seemed clean and comfortable. We were in a first floor beach-facing room. The bathroom was a disappointment. The toilet seat was broken and the attempt to fix it was nothing short of a joke. Furthermore there were unpleasant odors from the bathroom from time to time. This really needs fixing. Filipino staff were all very friendly - European management less so. Breakfast was an attempt to be trendy, which, in my opinion failed. Why not offer something more standard - even continental breakfast was something I'd never witnessed before. Come on - it's nice to have something familiar when you crawl out of bed, even if only one of the options. An extra cup of coffee - that'll be another 50 pesos. Similarly if you want butter AND jam. I've never witnessed that before. Orange juice was said to be fresh but who'd have known it! I have to say that tapas in the evening were great. The Internet was intermittent. Maybe that was out of their control - but no such indication was made when faults were reported. The beach loungers would have been a whole lot better if mattresses had been available. I bought an air bed in the market, but needless to say it got a puncture on the first day (not the hotel's problem, I agree, but it wouldn't have been necessary, were there mattresses available). This hotel could be really great with more attention to detail, and I can't help but think the main issue is that the management don't try hard enough. They never seemed friendly or caring about guests' experiences (I'd have thought they were French if I didn't know they were Spanish!) Boracay is great and we definitely plan to return. I'd love to think some of these issues might be addressed.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a window.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends