“FANTASTIC service”

Ranked #75 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Cainta, Philippines
“FANTASTIC service”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Husband and I stayed at La Bella Casa de Boracay for five days and they were EXCELLENT. Initially we have my in-laws with us until Wednesday and we have the third floor area all to ourselves. The place was comfortable and beautiful. Very clean and you feel right at home. The rooms are very affordable and the service was fabulous. The staff were all helpful, polite and cheerful. The only downside is their location is a little far (about 15-20 mins walk) to the restaurants and shops. But if you want quiet, affordable, clean rooms and a short walk away from station 1's powdery sands, this is the hotel for you. There are tricycles you can take going around the island if you don't like walking around.

The standard room my husband and I transferred to after my in-laws left was cozy and clean. The breakfast that came with our room was surprisingly good and our family really had a great time with them.

Perfect place for families and barkadas on a budget and those that love taking long walks to the beach.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jai_Tadeo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Stayed here one night and got two rooms on 2floor. Rate is very reasonable and room had all the basics. One room was pretty dark and one rook didn't have a fridge. The staff were all very friendly. I overpaid but the reception staff pointed this out and gave me back my money (sort of unusual for boracay).

Tasty breakfast served in a nice space on 3f.

Location I quiet (station one) and very close to the beach. I would stay here again if I was on a budget.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Edoflyer
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stayed at la bella for 5 days... The room and location was indeed a great deal.

Room Tip: rooms at the 3rd floor where the common area is.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank elli C
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 6 November 2011

PROS:

1. Very cheap. We paid P1500 per night only (not during peak season) for a room good for two inclusive of breakfast.

2. Great service. There's always a person around whom you can ask for help. You can ask them to assist you with anything! They even microwaved our food that we took out from a different restaurant for free! :)

3. The staff is very friendly plus very efficient. They are all very helpful and approachable.

4. Safety is not an issue. We forgot to lock our room TWICE and we didn't lost anything. Lol :))

5. If you plan your activities (helmet diving, jet ski, etc.) through them, it's much cheaper than approaching the people who organize activities along the beach.

6. They have a generator. There was a time when the power went out (probably because of the strong winds that time) and all the restaurants and stores did not have electricity so we stayed comfortably in our hotel.

CONS:

1. It's a long walk from the main beach and d' mall. We almost always rode the tricycle to get to places and go back to the hotel. The tricycle costs P60 a ride.

2. The rooms are tiny but they're pretty okay.

3. The hotel does not face the beach. It's along a street.

4. No place to hang your clothes to dry. Lol :))

CONCLUSION:

It's not like the other hotels where there is a pool or a bar and a restaurant. They just have all the basic stuff (the rooms have a nice bed, air con, cable tv, clean bathroom, closet, etc.). Perfect for young college couples/friends (barkadas) who are on a budget. But I do not recommend this hotel to foreigners! There are a lot of other beautiful hotels perfect for foreigners along the beach. Lol :)) I also do not recommend this hotel to first time Boracay visitors. It would be better if you know your way around Boracay already before you stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank HeyIvy
BeatifulHome, Manager at La Bella Casa, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Thank you very much for you positive response.. see you again next
Canada
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I should have wrote my review sooner. I just wasn't sure my exact opinion on this place. If you are on a budget this is probably the best deal for the price. We actually got it for $25/cad a night with doing an advance payment. When we arrive I was a little turned off by the alley you have to go etc. However, it felt like a more authentic experience. We were there for 2 weeks..which gave us time to recognize locals..etc. However, 2 weeks is way too long in Boracay. I would recommend a max 4 days. Anyways, our room was on the second floor and was very dark but not too bad. However, because we were staying so long we thought after a few nights we would see if one of third floor rooms was available (there are only have 2 rooms up there). One has the bathroom on the exterior we had the other one. It is the nicest room in the whole place. I think they call it the family room. I wouldn't say it was that big but much nicer and larger then the other room. Anyways, we negotiated and got the room for only $10/cad more a night. No was staying in the room next and the hotel was pretty much empty so we felt we had the whole top floor with loft and common room to ourselves. The hotel is a short walk to the beach and you can tell the hotel in front called Willys that you are staying at la bella and they will let you use the loungers on the beach. One tip - I noticed our first breakfast was really good, and we never tipped so they got gradually worse over the stay. I am not sure if this was because we didn't tip. I wouldn't have tipped next time. Also, in the morning they tend to cook the staff food with fish sauce....which really stinks up the place. So this place is hard to recommend because for the price and value we got was really good. However, I wouldn't really want to stay there again so I can't really recommend it. I do know out of all the people we met who were staying in Boracay we got more space and were paying 1/4 of what they were paying. Anyways, if you can some how get the top floor room for a good price I would say give it shot if you are on budget. I do have to say this was my absolute very party of white beach. Near Station 1. The rest are overcrowded and you get hassled a lot.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Teresa055
manila
Reviewed 2 August 2011

we stayed in la bella for almost 4 days, we planned to celebrate our 20th wedding anniv in BORA.. Ive checked all the cheap hotels on the internet & gladly I've picked La bella..
ACCO is great, everytime I need assistance person assigned is always availbale for u.
This is our first time to stay in BORA but our experience is great & priceless esp staying is LA bella.. The rooms are clean.. Things are safe...
KIM & other receptionists are always smiling... they can give you tips on where to go..
Next time i Visit BORA again surely I'll be choosing La bella for our accomodations.. :) :)

Room Tip: ROOMS in the 2nd & 3rd floors are great :)
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank betchie_2371
Angeles City, Philippines
Reviewed 8 July 2011

we arrive at the hotel june 26 2011, i book this hotel because i rely on the good reviews but upon our arrival we are so disappointed. The owner was so nice and very helpful ( no question about that) but the hotel was not. you have to enter an alley to get in to the hotel and the first thing you can see is the kitchen. they place us next to the kitchen where you can see the staff eating and smell the food they eating. the other room for my aunt was on the 2nd floor just a little bit nicer than ours. we ask for other room but they said that they are renovating the rooms , the paint was still fresh and the cement on the floor was not completely dry. i ask agoda to cancel our reservation and payment but they said we cant cancel it.. anyway we paid it in full and there is no way to amend it. we transfer to another hotel because we are there to take a vacation and to enjoy. im just suggesting that dont book and pay in full , and dont rely on reviews . i just wonder if all the good reviews are real. we just waste our payment of almost 6 thousand for nothing.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family