La Bella Casa
US$94
bedfinder
  • Breakfast included
Seabird International Resort(Boracay)(Great Value!)
US$86
TravelBook.ph
  • Beachfront
The Boracay Crown Beach Hotel(Boracay)(Great Value!)
US$48
    Prestigia.com
    Great 4.5/5
    Excellent 5/5
    • Pool
    Great 4.5/5
    • Beachfront
    Very Good 4/5
      No availability for your dates from our partners
      • Pool
      All reviewswilly's rockshared bathroomwalk minutesfree drinking waterwhite beacha great staycomfort roombudget hotelhelmet divingvisit boracaypeaceful staystation beachrecommend this hotelfree breakfastplace to stayboracay stationcomfy bed
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 2 March 2014

Cock-a-doodle-don't-bother

We have been traveling for ten weeks and this is the first time TripAdvisor has let us down.

This feels more like a homestay than a hotel and in fairness the front of house staff are polite and friendly.

Our room was upstairs, next to the road (opposite the church).

The room itself was clean with a decent bed. The decor unfortunately made it feel depressing, with a mixture of dark blue walls and brown painted woodwork/furniture. We stayed for three nights and our bins were not emptied once. We did get fresh towels on the second day.

The room was poorly insulated and the sound of the TV from the room next door leaked into our room at a disturbing volume.

Then there are the chickens, or rather cockerels. I'd estimate about 6 of them in total which are kept in the grounds of the church opposite. Dotted around the place, each with a large rock attached by a piece of string to one of their legs. One of the demented birds started to call at about midnight, the rest of them waited until sunrise before they take it in turns to make enough noise to make sleep impossible for all but the deepest of sleepers.

The sound of the cockerels was drowned out on our second morning by the singing from the church, it sounded good actually but not if you wanted to sleep past 7:30am.

Breakfast is a bit strange here, with staff calling on you in the morning knocking on your door at between 7-8am to ask you what you would like for breakfast and at what time. Despite them serving breakfast until 10am. There are limited breakfast options but the food is okay. Instant coffee from a sachet complete with milk powder wasn't for me.

Having read through the previous reviews and seen that people were previously paying $25 per night for a double room this explains why budget driven travellers were raving about the value. We paid $50pn and it was not a pleasant experience.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
      4  Thank Dan N
      Reviewed 26 February 2014

we were a group of 12 people who stayed in various rooms at la bella :) all the rooms were clean and homey with nice interiors and it's very near the beach. i loved the location because it's in station 1 and near willy's rock. The family room with the attic was very spacious and i really loved how it was designed either you'll be staying there as a group of friends or family. the standard rooms has good interiors with hot and cold shower perfect to the needs of tourist like honey-mooners or just simply a small family or a small group of friends. Food was great and yummy :)

i highly commend the staff because i never saw one face that isn't smiley and bubbly. Staying there makes you feel so welcome and important. also, there is no problem with security because there's a security guard.

for those backpackers who travel light, there is a convenience store just a few steps away from the hotel.

i had a great time at boracay, and it wont be as amazing if it wasn't for La Bella. i'll definitely be staying in this hotel when i visit boracay again :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
      3  Thank Helowis
      Reviewed 26 February 2014

We had the distinct pleasure of staying at this hotel mostly because of the staff who accomodated our every need and whim. I always meaure a hotel's standard by the way their staff treat their customers and here, everyone felt like family, even tailor-fitting the tours to meet your preferences. It is very affordable yet highly comfortable. It is also situated in a quiet area without the swarm of tourists and rowdy crowd albeit being just a few feet from the beach.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
      Reviewed 25 February 2014

I've been to boracay for more than 8times over the past 2-3 years and this is one of the very few places where i really felt taken care of. The staff will make you feel like you have an extended family in boracay! I will surely go back to la bella!

• Stayed: February 2014
      1  Thank iamdheeann
      Reviewed 25 January 2014

I made a reservation online for a smaller room but when I arrived they said they had overbooked and I received an automatic upgrade. When I decided to extend my stay in Boracay, it was no problem to stay in the room that I was already in. The bathrooms aren't the greatest, but far from the worst I saw in the Philippines. The location isn't directly on the beach but it is close to Cocomanga's, a bar where I found the nightlife to typically start. It was about 100m walk from my front door to the beach and the security guard (Dante) rules. He always made me feel safe and it was nice to be greeted by his friendly smile every time I came back to my room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo