“Unforgettable Place”

Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We arrived in Boracay on August 20th, 2011. From the moment we stepped out of the airplane we felt the warm welcome from the Shangri la staff. As soon as you arrive to the resort itself you tend to have a different feeling of entering another world. The most important of all is you never feel lost of what to do, since there is always someone there to guide and inform you.
We where directly taken with a buggy cart to our loft villa escorted by Junni who was so helpful from the moment we arrived and until our departure.
The loft villa was amazing!! The furniture, the amenities and so many details made it so special. They even remembered to prepare cookies with smiley faces as well as candies for the kids. The sea view was breathtaking.
If it wasn't for my kids I wouldn't have left the villa. I could have sat there for days without going out.
Our villa was a bit far from everything; however it was suitable for us. Rima was the only restaurant that was a few minutes walk from the villa.
Our kids had a great time at the amusement center and the kid's adventure zone. The staff there are so nice and caring.
The food tastes great especially at sirena restaurant.
In fact all staff were polite and helpful from the security to the buggy cart drivers. They greet you whenever you see them even while you are riding the buggy cart. It is an amazing facility with superb staff. Keep it up guys!! You are the best!!
I just have a special thanks to our villa butler jonelle who was outstanding. He was with us and on call almost at anytime and ready to help. He is the best!!
Roger also was of great help from the time we arrived and until we departed.

Many thanks,

Moustafa

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Visited this hotel with a view to book a function for over 100 people. Security were rude when I eventually gained access banqueting staff never followed up. Do not seem net rested in doing business. Later that evening I dined in this seafood restaurant which was noisy, lacked atmosphere and food was unimaginative with small servings. If you want to get great seafood in boracy go to the fish market and pick your own food and get it cooked there. I had the best lobster and crab meal ever. Forget this hotel if it's great food and great service your looking for go to D'Talipapa

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank PaulSS_12
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This was our second stay at the luxurious Shangri-la's Boracay Resort & Spa and nothing can really beat this place. We always feel so pampered, relaxed and refreshed. This place is something we always look back to as a GREAT ESCAPE from the hustle & bustle of city life.
You have the pool side for relaxation. Pockets of jacuzzi within the pool's confines. Two beaches to choose from. Many activities for the kids. You don't even have to get out of the resort to enjoy Boracay. Food at Vintana is excellent. Service deluxe at its best in Rima. What more can you ask for? Lifestyle of the rich & "famous" is what you want over the weekend and this is what you get from the resort.

Room Tip: We always get the Hilaga wing which has good access to the pool, main lobby, entertainment center. B...
1  Thank RPGT
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Just back from a woderful relaxing holiday to Boracay. We stayed at Shangri-la Resort and I would say it is a complete resort in itself, there is full entertainment for all ages.The rooms are spacious and the view from the room is marvelous. The breakfast is huge with so much variety.
Being a Shangri-la guest You start feeling stand apart from others right from stepping out of your flight untill getting back into the flight. The shuttle Bus service was very prompt and timely. All the restaurants in the resort served delicious different cuisine. The most highlighted feature of our stay was the service from the hotel staff of all levels, they were so courteous and helpfull and ready to do anything for making your stay as comfortable as possible. My special thanks to Ms. Junne of the Guest services Desk who handled our check-in and also our check -out and making it so hassel free. She was there to see us off until we finally departed in the hotel van.I would recomend this resort to everyone who loves nature,peace and hassel free comfortable stay.

1  Thank Nikhilkedia
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This one tops all my hotel stays. or should I say this is a resort.

I went here with family ( 2 small kids aged 3 and 5) for a 3N/4D vacation and this was really a memorable and fantastic hotel/resort.

I enjoyed this stay and my kids love it too.

From the airport, Shangrila staff picks you up. I guess this has been reviewed here already.

We got an ocean view room ( maybe next time a villa with a pool eh but the cost is very expensive). Breakfast is good. Room is nice. They have their own resort with kids pool and a huge pool for everyone. it has been described here already, if you are planning to stay in Boracay and you have the budget, go for this hotel it is worth it.

This is a resrt on itself and you dont ahve to go somewhere else but still they provide shuttle going to other beaches. Also they have golf carts if you wanted to go to other places of the resort when you dont feel like walking but I would rather see the entire resort on foot and we did and it is really a nice place.

I will give this hotel a 5 star rating.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Aughust
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Beauty and Elegance in this secluded retreat. For nature lovers who also want comfort, this is the place to be. Staff are very friendly, food is really good. And their PADI diving courses are a must try! The new manager is very professional and made our diving experience hassle free, it felt all so easy and he just made us feel relaxed and safe.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

I left Regency Boracay in the middle of the night due to awful hazardous moldy stench in their room. Shangrila came and picked up my family.

As soon as we got their, the Manager, Carlos, greeted us and helped us with our rooms. He was very courteous and was apologetic for what we went through. The staff were also very nice and were very accommodating.

The rooms were beautiful with high ceiling and extremely spacious. Beds were so comfortable and heavenly. The grounds were gorgeous, you can tell they maintained it really well. The room had an ocean view and although it was windy and stormy, it was still romantic and gave you a sense of tranquility.

What amazed me the most was the staff. From the concierge, lifeguards to the housekeepers to the maintainance guys passing by, ALL and I mean ALL said good morning or hello to my family. They made you feel like you belong there.

SPA: Chi SPA was awesome. I tried it because they had a promotion and it was so relaxing and smelled so nice. The masseuse even gave me an extra 15 minutes.

Breakfast: OMG!!! It was the best. They had dimsum and pancakes, etc... THey even had ice cream for breakfast. Perfect for my jetlag.

As for town, it was raining a lot and we have and infant and a 2 years old, so we didnt go however, they had a shuttle picking up and bringing people every hour. So youre not really missing out on the town unless you want to party your heart out then getting a hotel in town is best for you.

Shangrila was the best for me and my family! They had a private beach and beautiful pool.

WISHLIST: Wish they had a better kids pool area. But I would be back regardless if they didnt because my kids loved it there!

Room Tip: The family room with 2 beds with the ocean view was perfect for my family. We put the two beds toge...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family