Being in Shangri-la Boracay felt like being in Gilligan's Island. We spent New Years there. The resort is beautifully decorated. There are villas on the hillside, by the pool and one on the beach. There are also rooms and suites in the hotel's main building. The best value for money are the rooms in the hotel.
Buffet breakfast is included and delicious. The pool restaurant is ok, but the service there is extremely slow.
The hotel has wifi. There are two beaches, one is private and only for hotel guests and another one is public but due to limited access for outsiders, also pretty private. Great place for a beach wedding.
The hotel has a big swimming pool, well equipped gym, tennis courts and great hills running or power walking. There's a buggy service to get around. The beach is nice, the sand is not as fine as the main beach is Boracay but it is pretty darn nice. In December the waves can be quite strong so my kids stayed in the pool. Kayaking is free of charge. Other activities such as jet skiing, snorkeling and scuba diving can be arranged at the activity center but you need to take a 20 minute boat ride to actually do the activities.
Chi Spa at the hotel is amazing. All massages are done in private villas and you come out floating.
To get to the main beach and the restaurants in town, they have a free shuttle service every 30 minutes or every hour depending on the time of day. It stops at D'Mall. They also offer a paid shuttle service to other locations on the island. This was the only draw back. For the price and status and location of the hotel, they should offer a free pick up and drop off to any location in the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa offers a new level of luxury to the beautiful island of Boracay. Marrying luxury and comfort with a reverence for nature, the 12-hectare resort encompasses 219 rooms including 36 villas and suites, comprehensive leisure facilities, 350 meters of secluded beach front and a thriving ecosystem of diverse, even rare, flora and fauna. With two private beachfronts and an infinity pool, the resort offers a myriad of recreational activities. Those looking to soothe weary senses can head over to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La. A variety of dining options of different cuisines is located within the resort. May it be a family holiday or simply a quiet retreat, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa is the perfect paradise destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Boracay Hotel
- Shangri Las Boracay Resort