“Superior service wins everytime” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa

Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
Makati, Philippines
“Superior service wins everytime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Guests feel pampered and completely looked after from the moment they step into the airport to the moment they get into the departure lounge. Every member of the staff greets you with a smile and a genuine offer of assistance. I Even though i don't like Boracay, I would go back just for this Shangri-La's service anytime.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Fontainebleau, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I based my choice on other trip advisor reviews and I do not regret having chosen to stay at Shangri-La in Boracay. The facilities are outstanding and the private beach is idyllic. I went in late November 2013 (a few weeks after typhoon Haiyan hit) and at times my boyfriend and I had the beach and pool almost to ourselves.

The dining is top-notch and quite reasonably priced for the quality. There is also a good selection of free activities throughout the week so you don't have to leave the hotel at all if you don't want to.

On my last day I took the free shuttle to the "downtown" area of Boracay and was surprised at the poverty level of the island. That left me feeling a bit depressed, to be honest, and definitely put our luxurious getaway into perspective.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank bellif0ntaine
Perth. West Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Last time I came to Boracay was in 1985 our hotel then had a beach sand floor and the rooms had no electricity .I remember thinking this place is going to take off when the tourists get wind off it .So I thought I will go back and stay at the best hotel there the Shangri La.
Stunning hotel in a stunning location.Beautiful white sandy beaches to swim at,many swimming pools to choose from,super friendly staff with incredible work ethic.Too contented to bother going to the Dmall.Weddings every night on the beach gives a very festive air to the place and a fireworks display one night.Many happy filipino guests bouncing around with their families.
Highly recommend the hotel and it certainly is a feather in the cap to the shangrila brand

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank lindsay56
Sentosa Island, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Hotel itself is like any other Shang in the world in one word excellent... In every way... But location wise... For me personally too secluded...! Was here bussiness-wise.. But as I was not working 24/7.. Found 'the luxury' being in the middle of nowhere not always very comfy...
Had a pleasant stay anyway, but checked out after 3 days and 4 days before my actual plan due to the secluded location.. This time office booked the room for me, so I was not very well informed about the hotel, before my departure..
A little accident happened when I wanted to take a picture in the 'lobby - Hal' next to the lifts... I made a mis-stap so I ended up half in the fish pound and get injured there with my elbow.. Management should put something like a plant or whatsoever... So this kind of accidents should never happen again... Don't even wanna think what could have been happened as it was a little kid instead of me, who felt in the fish-pound....!!!

No any further comment about this 5 star property... It is exactly what you can expect from a SHLA...and if the location is not an issue for you... Definitely the money worth, you pay here for the room!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DACHALADACHA
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here on my recent trip to Boracay with a few friends.

I've stayed at a few other hotels in station 2. However this hotel is on a different level. If you're looking for a quiet, relaxing resort, this is definitely something you should consider.

Beautiful grounds, and hotel. Great views and very well kept.

Breakfast is great also - lots of selection.

Be sure to book spa treatments in advance as my friends and I missed out.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is the best hotel resort I have ever stayed in! Value for money. Wish we could stay longer. We are planning to go back there again! We flew in from Manila to Caticlan. The only minor flaw I can think of is the 45 minute wait for the speedboat to pick us up from the airport lounge to take us to Shangri la. Another minor drawback is that there is only one beautiful pool. The pool at the CHI is for the exclusive use of the hose who have reservations at the spa. I recommend this for couples and families.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed for my 50th at this beautiful resort, and it met all of my expectations.
Arrival: I was led to believe from other reviews that on arrival at Caticlan Jetty, you're led to the boat lounge while your boat is ready for departure, then on a private speedboat to the private jetty of Shangri-La, while sipping champagne. Most of that is true, and the representatives wearnng red at the airport, quick van ride to the Shangri-La Welcome Centre ("waiting lounge") at the Jetty (with refreshing drink, cold towel on arrival), then onto the hotel's boat. It's not a luxury speedboat, and there is no further drink provided, but instead with another 15 or so people wearing life jackets for the 20min drive to Shangri-La. about 5 or so reps are there to meet you on arrival, all warmly greeting you, then taking you by buggy up to the reception area for checkin. We ended up catching an earlier flight from Manila, so arrived 1 hour earlier than planned. Hotel reps were there, no problem!

During: We stayed in Loft Villa 24 -- amazing views. Lucel, our butler, was amazing! Anything you need, you just call on the mobile phone provided for you with direct line access to the day butler (Lucel) and there's also an evening butler to 11pm (although we didn't use his service during our stay). On arrival in our room, we were presented with a fresh bowl of complimentary fruit and a nice bottle of wine with a welcome letter. The 2-storey loft villa with private pool has the most amazing views! With the humidity and heat, it was great to have the private pool! If you get the chance, make sure you go to Solana Bar in the resort! Nicholson and Nathaniel work there, and will give you the most amazing service! Very friendly and genuinely interested to talk to you and learn more about you and your trip and happy to give you advice on the island and the Philippines!
On my birthday, I was surprised with a BBQ dinner in Specialty Villa 13 with Private Chef (Marvin), Waiter (Sean) with tons of food. If you avail yourself of the Private Beach or Villa BBQ, some advice -- do NOT eat any lunch that day, or you'll be disappointed! There's so much food, you need room for it all! I was surprised at the end of the dinner with a whole bunch of staff greeting me with balloons, singing happy birthday and presented with a b'day cake and candles. Super nice that they all buggy'd their way to sing for me! ;-)

Departure: We were staying on the island, so didn't need to avail ourselves of the return speedboat transfer, so instead the hotel offered us a hotel private van direct to our next hotel! Now that's service!

Overall, an amazing experience! And, you don't need to leave the resort at all. However, if you do take the complimentary shuttle do D'Mall, you'll notice the *striking* contrast of the life outside the Shangri-La compared to the manicured gardens and surroundings within! A completely different experience. And always recommended to stay some time at Shangri-La, then go to another resort and experience the comparison! It'll give you a more rounded experience of Boracay!

Room Tip: Loft villa 24 - amazing views and mostly private, also not far from stairs down the hill if you choo...