“Best Holiday”

Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I coordinated with the resort manager Amit Oberoi regarding our stay and he helped us with all our queries and assigned us to Arif the villa Manager. Arif and his team made our stay extra special in all aspects! Arif would check on us always if we were happy with our activities or meals. Best villa staff ever!

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
1  Thank Anna S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,981)

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was our second visit to Borocay. We had such a wonderful experience the first time we booked for 10 nights this visit and chose a Treehouse Villa accommodation. I am delighted to say that our memories of why we we chose to return did not disappoint. The views from our Treehouse were breathtaking. The Treehouse Villa came with the additional service of our own personal Butler. Miss G as she became quickly known to us - was nothing short of delightful. We love the easy but extremely efficient and friendly service that is unique to the Philippines. Our Villa Manager was also very special also. Nothing at all was too much to ask for. Most of all we love the beaches and pool. Swimming in these waters is Heaven and will stay with us forever. If you are a true "foodie" you may be disappointed. But if you love pristine waters that don't leave you covered in salt and reaching for the moisturiser this is definitely a place for you. If you don't like walking - the buggy service is exceptional and if you want to head into town the Shangri-La provides a bus service every hour. The Chi Spa is also worth a visit and a private beach dining experience is a must. So many aspects of this holiday are worthwhile writing about but in summary - we will return again - sooner rather than later.

Room Tip: We loved Villa 21 as it gives views of both beaches.
2  Thank AmandaHasell
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This might be the first time that I am writing a review while still at the hotel / resort..the resort is absolutely gorgeous..you don't feel like stepping out and going anywhere else..

We stayed in the deluxe seaview rooms with an amazing view of the ocean.The rooms are huge with huge washrooms, lovely balcony..

beautiful white sand beaches, lovely pool..mind blowing sunsets at the beach bar with a live band..

Always smiling and courteous staff..

My young son enjoyed the adventure zone and entertainment center.

Two discordant notes to the perfect symphony:

1. The staff at the lounge at Catlican airport asked me to show proof that I had booked my return transfer back to the Kalibo airport which obviously did not go down with me. The staff believed that i had not booked my return transfer to the Kalibo airport....So, I digged out receipts to evidence that I had indeed booked and paid for a return transfer. I definitely don't believe that's the best see-off for any guest and left me quite annoyed!!

2. Similarly, another instance where the staff had taken a wrong order and insisted it was my fault. I must say they forgot all about service and courtesy!!

To conclude, these two separate incidents were just one-off annoyances..and, I would definitely go back as soon as I get the chance!! It's a beautiful place - perfect if you are going as a couple or as a family or just friends!! Wow wow wow!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Voyageur061
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Last week spent five night at this resort had a wonderful time fantastic place, beautiful scenery, lovely staff, beaches to die for. Great accomadation. Only flaw was that the food beside the marvellous breakfast was a bit hit and miss. May well have been poor choices. Would definitely go back again

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah I
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have been to boracay 4 or 5 times over the last few years and i must warn you, if you stay in this hotel all other hotels in boracay will not be good enough. From the private jetty (no lines, with welcome drinks) with a cool sitting area. to the pools, to the rooms, and the 2 private beaches (sand was not as powdery as white beach) but no crowds and it was quiet.

Room Tip: A minor hiccup on the location of our rooms, a bit of a walk to the pool area, since its such a big...
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
3  Thank inboxandy13
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Been to almost all the 5 star hotels in the Philippines and for me this place is the best when it comes to a Resort and Spa concept...aside from the reason that it is located in boracay where ofcourse you expect to have the best sands in the beach..water is so clean and clear since it is privately located and separated from main boracay area.

You can enjoy the Beach, the sand, the pool without the crowd making your stay totally relaxing...

Filipino Hospitality is well known to the world so when you add the Shangri-la standard to it what do you think you'll get..?

So if you are looking for a more private Resort and Spa with the best Beach Sand and Water this is the place for you..specially when you are couples...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Erwin T
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is definitely No.1 in our family rating, and we travel a lot. Everything about it is just beyond your highest expectations, it takes perfect to the whole new level. Every single thing is great - location, layout, food, ambience, beaches, spa - you name it. But most of all, it's the service which makes this resort so unique. It's unbelievable how cared for, pampered and even spoiled you feel from the first minute you arrive till you board the plane back home. We met the manager of the hotel - he's always around, checking on every little thing himself, great passionate professionalism. And the whole hotel team is passionate about their work, genuinely friendly and super efficient. Every single staff member was great and no exceptions. Waiters, barmen, lifeguards around the pool - everyone! I just can't find a fault with this place, though I'm a very fussy customer and normally is quite hard to please. But this place is simply awesome!

P.S. And I think I should separately mention the resident band - these 3 guys playing on the beach at sunset were fantastic! The level you would normally never expect from hotel playing musicians. They could as well be starring on MTV!

• Stayed: June 2013