My partner and I have been here twice. Our latest stay was on May.
Shangri-La's Boracay Resort is probably the best hotel – and absolutely the best resort at least – where we've been to.
We'd again lovely time and didn't want to leave the place. It's a real paradise, far away from White Beach's hustle and bustle.
However, this time I can't give all five stars. The room and public areas, including pool, beach, main restaurant and lobby, are all incredible. Breakfast has improved since last visit.
But: the other beach of two, Punta Punga, was really dirty. I almost stepped on piece of broken bottle there. One can see plastics and cigarettes on sand, too. The Banyugan Beach is smaller, cleaner and way nicer.
Last year service was great, this time so-so. Some are really service minded while the other doesn't care so much.
Also our arrival could had been better. The one who checked us in (she was actually the same worker who checked us in a year before) asked if this is our first time here – she could had checked our records before coming to pick us up from the speed boat.
Then she asked if we would like to have a room upgrade since the resort is pretty empty. Why not, we thought, before she said we then have to pay more.
Usually room upgrades are offered for free of charge if there is a lot of space in a hotel. So we decided to stay in the room we had booked.
In our room, the check-in agent asked if she could swipe my credit card for deposit (the room was paid in advance already). The card didn't work and we tried an other one. It didn't work either. Then she said we have to go to the reception every evening to tell if we have taken something from the minibar or not. Really? Never experienced something like this in a five-star hotel. They also have replaced L'Occitane's amenities with Panpuri.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa offers a new level of luxury to the beautiful island of Boracay. Marrying luxury and comfort with a reverence for nature, the 12-hectare resort encompasses 219 rooms including 36 villas and suites, comprehensive leisure facilities, 350 meters of secluded beach front and a thriving ecosystem of diverse, even rare, flora and fauna. With two private beachfronts and an infinity pool, the resort offers a myriad of recreational activities. Those looking to soothe weary senses can head over to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La. A variety of dining options of different cuisines is located within the resort. May it be a family holiday or simply a quiet retreat, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa is the perfect paradise destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Shangri Las Boracay Hotel
- Shangri Las Boracay Resort