Shangri-La Boracay is an absolutely stunning resort with an amazing view and beautiful architectural. While me and my girlfriends were absolutely excited over this trip, it well, quickly turned into a HORROR STORY.
We were severely delayed at the check-in point due to a misunderstanding between the booking agent (AGODA.COM) and the hotel staff. The misunderstanding had us waiting at the reception for 2 HOURS, trying to resolve this issue --- which practically revolves around US PAYING MORE MONEY TO THE HOTEL THAN WHAT WE HAVE BOOKED WITH AGODA. What really pissed us off was during this whole ordeal was the customer service, it was appalling. For the whole two hours, we practically had no assistance from anyone from a managerial position, had to spend a fortune on roaming calls, and to deal with a staff who had no authority in decision making. In the end, we were RUDELY asked to either suck up all the differences in cost (which we DO NOT deserve due to someone else’s mistake) or FIND ANOTHER HOTEL. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? The best part is they won’t give us our deposit back either! Can you imagine such treatment from this world-class establishment? Please bear in mind that me and my family had frequent Shangri-la in many different countries and this is by far the only and worst service I have ever experienced.
After spending hours speaking with both the booking agent and the practically clueless staffs at the hotel, the agency wrote us an apology email and mentioned that they will rectify this mistake on their end. They assured us that it has NOTHING to do with us and they will settle this matter with the hotel. I forwarded these emails to the hotel reservation email upon request from the front desk staffs. Sad to say..this was NOT THE END OF THE DRAMA. To my ABSOLUTE HORROR, upon checking out on the last day of our stay, a different front desk lady insisted that we PAY UP our differences. They said that they have not received any news from reservations or AGODA. With 3 emails as proof from AGODA, they still insisted that they would not let us leave until we pay up the differences incurred.
Overall, if you are considering Shangri-la as your next vacation spot, I say you are definitely better off somewhere else. This is one place everyone should definitely stay away until the management decides to finally train the staffs to have some decent customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa offers a new level of luxury to the beautiful island of Boracay. Marrying luxury and comfort with a reverence for nature, the 12-hectare resort encompasses 219 rooms including 36 villas and suites, comprehensive leisure facilities, 350 meters of secluded beach front and a thriving ecosystem of diverse, even rare, flora and fauna. With two private beachfronts and an infinity pool, the resort offers a myriad of recreational activities. Those looking to soothe weary senses can head over to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La. A variety of dining options of different cuisines is located within the resort. May it be a family holiday or simply a quiet retreat, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa is the perfect paradise destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Boracay Hotel
- Shangri Las Boracay Resort