My husband and I spent a week at Shangri-La Boracay with our two daughters, ages 10 and 7. The resort is so beautifully designed--I would love to hire the designer to do my home! The mix of stone, wood, tile and plants is a feast for the eyes.
We stayed in the South Wing on the 4th floor and our rooms were spacious, with amazing sunset views from the balcony.
We enjoyed the pool every day and Jojo attended to our every need--laying out towels for us each morning and bringing us bottled water. He even moved the umbrellas as the sun moved so that we could sit in the shade. I wish we could have brought him home with us.
We ate lunch by the pool most days. The menu had a good variety--hamburger, gazpacho soup, pizza, salads. Calamansi (lemony/lime) juice is a refreshing drink on a hot day.
I was impressed with the pool staff. There were a couple of loud boys running around the pool, being unsafe. The staff asked them several times to stop running and finally located their parents and resolved the situation before someone got hurt.
The buffet breakfast had everything we could have wanted--pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, pastries, muesli, yogurt, fruit, fresh juices and more.
The beach was clean and beautiful, the sand nice to walk on. Plenty of chairs available.
We ate at each of the resort's restaurants:
I didn't care for the offerings at the Italian restaurant (Rima). It seemed more fusion to me. The salmon that I ordered looked more like a Japanese dish than Italian. If you go, keep in mind it's open air and you will want to apply bug repellent in order to avoid mosquito bites. It is a beautiful location, high in the trees and the restaurant is not very big, so make a reservation. Also, not particularly kid-friendly.
My husband and I enjoyed the seafood restaurant (Sirena). (Our daughters enjoyed room service.) It is also open air (remember bug repellent). Ask for outdoor seating for views of the hillside and listen to the waves roll in. We tried the grilled seafood platter and everything was great except for the slipper lobster. They're quite small and ours were a bit mushy. On our second visit we opted for grilled prawns with black pepper sauce--yummy. Also, the chocolate dessert was delicious.
The buffet restaurant was good for dinner as well and you can also order off the menu if you're not hungry enough for the buffet.
The entire family enjoyed the Entertainment Center. Air hockey, foosball, pool table, ping pong, basketball shooting, computers with free internet. It was great and there's even a small bar if you want a coffee or soda.
Our girls are a bit too old for the Adventure Zone, but they did spend a little time going down the slides. They complained about it being hot in there. The kids have to wear long-sleeves for the slide. Maybe the air conditioning could be set a bit lower.
Chi the spa was amazing. Best spa experience ever and I live in Asia so I've been to many spas. I enjoyed the Traveler's Retreat and felt like mush after my massage. So relaxing...
One evening there was a business function on the beach and it was quite loud. It became annoying after a few hours and my husband went to the front desk to ask when it would be finished. They offered us free massages for the inconvenience.
If I could change anything, I would institute a No Smoking policy. Especially in the intimate restaurants it was impossible to avoid the smoke if even one person lit up. And I really don't enjoy smelling cigarettes while I'm sitting by the pool.
Overall it was a wonderful week. I would definitely go back.
Bring your sunscreen and your camera and enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa offers a new level of luxury to the beautiful island of Boracay. Marrying luxury and comfort with a reverence for nature, the 12-hectare resort encompasses 219 rooms including 36 villas and suites, comprehensive leisure facilities, 350 meters of secluded beach front and a thriving ecosystem of diverse, even rare, flora and fauna. With two private beachfronts and an infinity pool, the resort offers a myriad of recreational activities. Those looking to soothe weary senses can head over to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La. A variety of dining options of different cuisines is located within the resort. May it be a family holiday or simply a quiet retreat, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa is the perfect paradise destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Boracay Hotel
- Shangri Las Boracay Resort