We stayed in Boracay for 4 days the week of Chinese New Year. The first 2 nights was at Station 1 and the last night was at Shangrila Boracay. Upon arriving at Shanrila, we were greeted by a very friendly hostess (Bang). She answered all our questions and showed us our room. Coming from Station 1, and it being my first stay at Shangrila, I didn't realize its enormous size. One could easily get lost and it would probably take a full day to figure out and enjoy all what the property has to offer. Our room was very clean, and the beds super comfortable. The balcony had a a couple of very nice lounge chairs and a view of the beach. We had scheduled a boat excursion that day, so by the time we got back to the hotel, it was past sunset. Because of its location (about 15 minutes from Station 1), there really isn't a lot of option to eat at, except the hotel. I didn't want anything expensive, so we decided on pizza. While my family was getting ready, I decided to check out the pool area (also the pizza's location). To my surprise, the pool was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Definitely one of the best pools I've seen in a long while. It was unfortunate that they were about to close it for cleaning (8pm), and I wished it was still open because it looked soooo inviting. I went to the bar to ask where I can order the pizza, and I talked to Jonathan (who spoke excellent English). He told me, why not have the pizza on the private beach? He gave me some table suggestions, told me to order because the kitchen and bar was closing, and asked for about 15 minutes to arrange everything. I then went back to my room to pick up my family. Upon returning, I was pleasantly surprised to see a beautiful candle-lite table overlooking the moon-lite beach, surrounded by tiki-torches. It was PERFECT! The drinks came right away, and so did the food. The staff was even so kind to take care of our 1 year old while we were eating, which made it even more romantic. It may have been just pizza, but the surroundings made it one of the best pizza I've ever had. Even though we were the only ones there except for one other family, we never felt any pressure for us to finish or leave. On our way back to the room, my wife thanked me and said this was one of the highlights of her first trip to the Philippines. Thanks Jonathan and Nikool for making our last night at Boracay so memorable!! Shangrila Boracay definitely gets our highest recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa offers a new level of luxury to the beautiful island of Boracay. Marrying luxury and comfort with a reverence for nature, the 12-hectare resort encompasses 219 rooms including 36 villas and suites, comprehensive leisure facilities, 350 meters of secluded beach front and a thriving ecosystem of diverse, even rare, flora and fauna. With two private beachfronts and an infinity pool, the resort offers a myriad of recreational activities. Those looking to soothe weary senses can head over to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La. A variety of dining options of different cuisines is located within the resort. May it be a family holiday or simply a quiet retreat, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa is the perfect paradise destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Destinology, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Shangri-La`s Boracay Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Boracay Hotel
- Shangri Las Boracay Resort