Mito's Place Boracay
Hotel Metro(Kalibo)
US$28
US$29
Agoda.com
HangOut Beach Resort(Malay)(Great Value!)
US$17
US$32
US$26
US$36
Agoda.com
All reviewshotel is locatedneeds improvementrestaurants and barsperfect locationhousekeepingchannels
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I stayed here last September 2010 and referred a good friend last January 2011. I also called them up in January to reserve a June 2011 trip. I didn't receive any confirmation. I called them a week before my flight and the lady told me to wait for a confirmation. After hearing nothing from them--I called up 2 days prior to my flight only to find out that the reason why they didn't inform me is because the only rooms available are the more expensive ones.
I keep on advertising this place to my friends but after this experience, I'd rather settle for someplace else.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lightpacker123
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Let me first start with the staff because they are the ones that impressed me the most. Super friendly and helpful, not only you feel you are getting a nice hotel service but also that you are staying with friends.
My special praise goes to Ceska (Francesca) the manager, who was extremely helpful and besides being a good professional is also a great person and human being.
Location: I personally liked it very very much - it's on the beach, and in the good part of the beach where it is very close to everything (shops, restaurants, clubs) without being too close so they bother you.
Rooms were neat and clean (they are cleaned daily), TV and AirConditioner, with a nice terrace.
Definitely my hotel of choice for the next trip to Boracay.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 December 2010

Mito's Place is strategically located just a few steps from the beach (which thrilled my kids no end!) and close to mini stores and restaurants for immediate needs such as toothbrush, drinking water as well as merienda and full meals.
The staff is the best asset of Mito's Place-- very helpful and cheerful that you feel right t home! They even gave in to a request of making a "Happy Birthday" sign for my son whom we surprised on our last night. The colorful and super cool sign was made by o less than their own manager-- thanks again, Cheska! :-)
The room was spacious and new and I absolutely loved the terrace where you can relax and have (some sort of) view of the beach.
Opportunities for this place are the waterflow which was erratic and the doorknob which the crew had to breakdown on our last day due to loose thread.
Overall, Mito's met expectations and I'm very satisfied with their customer service.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2009

First it was recomended by my sister because their experience was really excellent last july12 2009.Aug 2nd we occupied 3 rooms my inlaws,nephews,nieces and my bro and sisters.staff Jo was texted the night before, we ask if credit card is allowed she said yes.when we were about to pay she said it is to be charge an additional 5%,so i said it is now prohibited to add on to the customers because we card holders are already charge by the bank. In short we pay cash inspite of the bad weather credit card is more convenient.So my elder sister ask for a beach towel she knew that its free.but then Staff jo said that beach towel is not included or it is with charge,so we did not argue instead we let the young ones bring the bath towels to the beach.After lunch my elder sister sat on their veranda,one staff smiling at her so my sisiter joke at her so i can use this table for free?immediate reply yes mam its for free, so why is it that your beach towell is chargeable?she said "no mam you can use it for free", then staff jo suddenly push her elbow to the long haired staff. from her action my sister knew that staff jo were not consistent in treating customers.Its maybe we only fill our local address not our international address And it was clearly written inside the room towells to be paid if it is lost...Good Luck To The Management.Hopely you should treat clients Fairly""

S. dela Rosa Lao
p o box 26647 dubai u a e.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank sallybeng
Reviewed 5 August 2009

We got this place thru my travel agent. We booked a double room in their second floor, 1 double bed and 1 single bed. The room is nice and clean. Linens is just ok. There is a TV, a bathroom with hot shower. The toiletries just fine. Aircon is good though it was leaking outside. It has a veranda but due to the aircon leaking, we did not stay on there. Also, there was a construction going on in the building in front where Starbucks is - so workers are out there, no privacy if you go out. To think, the view of the beach is blocked by the Starbucks building so no use.
What makes it extra special when we arrived was the bouquet of red roses and 2 trays of fresh fruits with our names on it. Really do not know if this is a standard of the place or one of the extras given by my very nice travel agent.
Anyway, there was no complimentary breakfast given as I see no restaurant in the place. The location is very good and looking for a place to dine is not a problem.
One negative point is that there is no housekeeping, we stayed on for 2 nights but our room was not cleaned at all during our stay.
Overall, I would go back here only because of its nice location in Boracay. To think when you are in Boracay, you spend most of your time outside in the beach and restos/bars. So as a sleeping place, this is ok. Just do not look for hotel amenities and comforts because you definitely can not find it at Mitos.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family