“Below average, certainly not 5*”

Ambassador in Paradise Resort
Ranked #26 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
London
“Below average, certainly not 5*”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

My Fiance and i have satyed at hotels all over the world and this hotel certainly does not enter the 5* category! It is true that the hotel is situated on a beautiful white sandy beach as are all the other hotels along white beach but the hotel boasts absolutely no amenities at all, yet still charges 5* prices. There is no spa as is advertised by the website, there are no computer for use by the guest, also as advertised by the website (although wifi is available if you have your own laptop). The swimming pool is extremely small suitable for children but not really for adult use and that is literally it! No water sports unless you pay to use another comapnies on the beach no extras such as table tennis or anything else you would expect to find at a 5* resort. Really this is a 4* resort at best charging 5* prices. Everyone there was friendly and attentive but simply not what it claims to be, although this is a developing island we have stayed at many developing islands where 5* advertised hotels have been five star, unfortunately this was not the case. Other little things to look out for would be very limited choice of breakfast, two fruit options and watered down fruit squash instead of freshly squeeszed juices which i for one always look forward to on a tropical holiday as they are widely available. In short we if you want a five star hotel then the Shangri la should be your first stop. We stayed at the Ambasssdor for two nights then spent the rest of our holiday at the Shangri-la as it simply offered the level of service and relaxation we were looking for. Basically this hotel is fine if all you want is a nice room on the beach (basically what every other hotel would give you but at twice the price!) not sure why anyone would pay 5* prices if you didn't want everything else you'd expect that comes with it!

Room Tip: No spa, the gym is being re-furbed, tiny pool.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank SarahBT1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
marilao
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

the service was real good, i love the room mostly the bathroom ,, it was really great , it so big with lcd tv, it have a jaccuzzi, its really nice i love it.the amenities good,, mostly i like the restaurant beside the beach i love that.... the staff are friendly ,,,

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

I stayed here for the holy week after staying at Shangrila for a few days.Fridays was booked and so with discovery shores.People that work here they dont wear the same clothes so you dont know who works there.They gave us a key to our room which didint work so we had to go to the front desk about five times because we couldnt use our key then finally they fixed it.went to the beach and asked for towel and they game me a damp towel.When I opened t there was clearly blood in the towel,like somebody had a nose bleed ewww.From then on I checked every towel they game me make sure its clean.On my last day I asked for extention for checkout ,If I could leave the room at 1pm instead of 12nn.I didnt see any people around the resosrt.Eveybody looked like they left,place was empty.Of course the answer is no because they are getting people in.So I asked again if I can leave my stuff in the lobby,lounge at the beach and just a place to shower before I head to the airport because I dont wanna travel sticky from beach water.And the answer was there was no available room for me to shower.But the place is totally empty,Im not blind.These people need to go to a costumer service class because they dont know what customer service is. Customer service in this place is none existent. I have stayed at Shangrila,Discovery Shores,Fridays,Regency and Regency lagoon and this resort is the worst place I satyed at.Dont come here.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
14 Thank luvinlifeinsf
Krakow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

Boracay is a beautiful island. White beach is best beach I have ever been to. One of the best places to enjoy it all is this resort. I stayed in Casita 1 apartment which is huge and offers spectacular view on the garden (and a big tv in the bathroom). Maybe the resort is not different to others but you would clearly see that the garden in Ambassador is one of the best. If your plan is to stay in shade, enjoy the cool climate under palm trees this is the place. Swimming pool is small but who cares given the Sulu sea quality swim. Staff is very helpful and rooms are 100% clean (apart from some friendly gecko visits). Breakfast is not excellent but I am a big early eating lover so maybe that is just a personal taste issue. Compared to Discovery shores the hotel has less lux ambition, offers better outdoor leisure by excellent garden, and has less covered space, which might be important in the rainy season.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank topolnic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

The best place i havebeen to relax, enjoy the sun and beach. Staff is very nice, food is great, location wonderful. We have a big room with balcony witg view on the sea ( premium room). All is perfect.

• Stayed May 2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

Very good location and facilities to enjoy Boracay. The restaurant is very, very good. The facilities at the front beach are outstanding.
The price is a bit high but no regrets...

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Jose M
Newcastle, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

We stayed for 7 nights as part of our honeymoon. The rooms are great, large and have a good bathroom and balcony and are very clean and new. The price you pay for it over and above cheaper options I would say wasn't worth it, we negotiated a rate direct with them but it was still about 250USD per night which is expensive given the cost of everything in the Philippines.

Breakfast is good however service a little slow, you would ask for something and they staff would forget. Luckily when its a buffet (which I think they do when its full) you can serve yourself which is better.

Service was variable, they run a shuttle service to the area where most restaurants and bars are located. This is good when you can get it however there is usually a reason why its not available when you want it. It stopped running at variable times in the evening so it was very difficult to predict whether it would be worth ringing for it. We stopped asking after about 3/4 nights and just used trikes which cost 50php each way.

There was another large party staying the same time as us, they were playing music really loud from their balcony and the staff didn't say anything which wasn't really good enough for a 5* hotel.

I was bemused when I asked reception to post a couple of postcards (complete with stamps) for us that we had bought in the town. They then attempted to charge us per postcard to take them to the postbox, I thought that was a bit of a cheek in a $250 a night hotel! Needless to say we located the postbox without their help.

Lastly I would recommend the hotel transfer service between Caticlan airport and the hotel, its is only a bit more expensive than the public service but its worth it to avoid the stress.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple