“Breakfast!!”

Ranked #29 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Chatteris, England, United Kingdom
“Breakfast!!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Staying for the second tine at the Ambassador and really disappointed that the excellent breakfast buffet has been replaced by a very substandard alternative. A restricted choice and not of 4/5 star quality. For the price of the hotel the breakfast is not of an acceptable quality.

The staff tell me that there was an "issue" with the previous arrangement but it is clearly a cost cutting exercise.

Will not be returning.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jonathan C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed in this hotel in Feb 2013, hotel is a nice beach front hotel, cost compared to its neighboring luxury grade hotel is not as much.

Pros: beachfront, restaurant,

Cons: their crazy rules about bringing food and beverage..I mean, in general, people who can afford to stay in this hotel will not bother to scrimp and sneak in cheap food or beverage...the guards checking the bags to me are sort of invading guests privacy.

Strongly suggest for management to re-think this policy...negates all the good stuffs that the hotel can offer.

Room Tip: stayed in ocean view room..it is a nice one.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jean B
janes r, Resort Manager at Ambassador in Paradise Resort, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Jean B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Ambassador in Paradise on Tripadvisor community. I appreciate that you highlighted our beach front and restaurant. We are very sorry to hear about your experience with our rules for for bringing of foods and beverages. We are happy that you have spoken up so that we may better our services. We have discussed your feedback internally and we will be working diligently to make your stays much more enjoyable in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 October 2013

As we were transfering from other hotels in Station 1, we arrived Ambassador abt 12.15pm. As my child was sleeping during that time, the hotel was kind enough to give us early check in to room 600B (if i rem correctly), which is located on the ground floor.

After checking in the room, I didn't feel good thus I went to the receptionist to request for changing to other rooms but was turned down flatly as according to the receptionist, the hotel was fully booked

The only plus point that I can think of is that the room and toilet was big as well. However that's about it.

Now the bad points.. The room looks different from the pics I see in the internet. The furnitures looked as if I was staying in a 2 star hotel. There was no fan in my room but I realised that the rooms on upper floors has it. The aircon was not powerful enough to cool the room and it got so humid for all of us in the room during night time that we didn't manage to get a good night rest. And again, there is no fan available and we cannot simply sleep with doors open. So had no choice but to ensure though the night.

In addition, during our check in time, the receptionist told us that it is chargeable for transfer from the hotel to D'Mall whereby my booking stated free transfer. As my child got sick during night time, we had no choice but to go out to a pharmacy to purchase medication. Thus I rechecked and clarified with the receptionist why do they need to charge us for the transfer from hotel to main road, as our booking stated "FREE TRANSFER". The lady then reluctantly arranged a van to send us to pharmacy without any charges. To make things worst, it was raining during night time and there was no umbrella for us to access from our room to the lobby area and I had to brave through the rain and halfway to the lobby, a nice lady staff (I didn't manage to get her name though) offered to lend me hew umbrella.

Breakfast was semi buffet style. You have 4 choices of breakfast - European, Local, Medditerrean and 1 more which I could not remember. You get bread, cereal, milk on buffet style. In general I find that variety of breakfast is very limited.

Generally speaking, I find the lady staffs at the receptionist area (during noon time and night time) unfriendly and unaccommodating to us. However some of the staffs we met like the male driver and the lady whom passed me an umbrella nice but unfortunately I didn't manage to take down their names.

Charging a price of over SGD230++ per night for the horrible experience during my unpleasant stay, I will never come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Babyface8887
Dear Jean B,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We spent 5 nights here in October and had a wonderful time. This was our first trip to Boracay and I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone. It was good value for money and the room was a great size (we had an ocean view executive). The staff were lovely and couldn't be more friendly; within minutes of hanging the please tidy the room sign on the door, they appeared like magic!

The breakfast was good and we ate at the stunning restaurant right on the sea front on 3 of our nights, the food was gorgeous each time and very reasonably priced. I can't imagine a more relaxing and romantic spot to have dinner.

The only reason I haven't given the hotel a 5 was due to them renovating the upper restaurant which meant there was occasional building work noises during the day. One more tiny complaint was with the highly confusing amount of light switches in the room, and trying to work out which one controlled the fan!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank boowah2004
janes r, Resort Manager at Ambassador in Paradise Resort, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Boowah 2004,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel here on Tripadvisor. At the heart of Ambassador in Paradise is our passion for service and willingness to make every vacation experience truly special for our guests.

We do hope, that you will visit us again in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Great Hotel, good value for money. Hotel faces an excellent White Sand Beach and one of the cleanest ones too. The hotel is right next to many 5 star Resorts and good restaurants. Breakfast buffet is great and you can enjoy 3 special dishes apart from the regular affair. We chose Middle Eastern Platter 2 times and American Platter next time. We got upgraded to Family Room somehow which was huge and by huge I literally mean humongous. It had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and 2 sofas and 3 Beds in all. We didn't need so much space but I think it's good to have it after-all.

Pool is small but who needs a pool when there is the ocean 2 steps away. The best part of the hotel is the shuttle to D'Mall and literally to anywhere you want in the town. Also they have free WiFi in rooms which really helps.

Now the problems: We were given a temp room (#802) which did not have Hot Water at all, after staff checked they said it was slow to heat but really it never got fully heated at all, also it was dirty from last time someone stayed there.

The swimming pool doesn't have any depth markings to warn users. I almost got tripped as I didn't figure out it was quite deep.

Apart from these issues we had our stay pleasant and people are very welcoming right from the welcome drink and garlands to the good bye from the resort.

PS: They give you cell phones which you can carry with you to anywhere in the city to call for a shuttle back to the hotel which is nice.

Room Tip: Take the beach facing rooms which are closer to the restaurant, pool and the beach.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kent
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Was a little apprehensive re check in given a few other reviews, but it was a warm welcome and the receptionist rattled through the "rules" on henna and not bringing food into the resort pretty quickly and in a friendly way, it was more of a "please - by the way".

The room I had was actually better in person than in the photos. Plenty big enough, very clean, good aircon and a nice balcony looking out to the clear blue sea.

I did not eat that often at the hotel, but when I did it was ok value. Not as cheap as some places, but they are aiming to be 4/5* and you expect to pay a bit of a premium, also the restaurant setting is lovely and service fantastic, so you are paying for that too. Drink prices were reasonable too. Again, not as cheap as you can find, but for a tad more than some places you are having a beer at a nice bar with comfortable chairs and great service from a team who really did seem like they couldn't do enough for you.

The only slight negative I can think of is the pool area which is relatively small. If you have kids who want to run around by the pool and play in the pool all day it would probably be too small to spend a whole day at.... but I don't have any and there is the clear blue ocean and a big sandy beach anyway.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tim82Kent
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Okay resort but the standard is more like a 4-star resort. Crazy rules about not bringing your own soft drinks, water or snacks to your room. It feels like they are watching over you.

Great view from our room and the staff are friendly.

• Stayed September 2013