We were told that if you are looking for a high end hotel to stay at while in Boracay, this was the place. Well, we couldn't disagree more! The value of this hotel is 3 star at best. We don't know how this has a 5 star rating!
Upon our arrival we had to pay our entire bill up front and were told that there would be no refunds. That should have been warning enough. We were then given a room worthy of storage. It was a large empty room with a tiny bed, an old couch and an industrial sized folding table. Not to mention there was no hot water that night nor the next morning. We thought it was a joke; were we actually paying $350 a night for this?! We promptly asked for a room change only to be told they could not accommodate us until the next day.
To the hotels credit, they did move us to a beautiful ocean view room. We were most grateful until we went downstairs for breakfast and was served mediocre food at best. The local breakfast and the pancakes were the only items worth eating aside from the fresh fruit which was absolutely wonderful. The local food in station 2 is much better and cheaper!
Lounge chairs and towels are readily available at the beach, but food and drink service is non existent. WIFI is sporadic both at the beach and in your room. Room amenities leave much to be desired. Fortunately we bring our own. Towels were worthy of sandpaper -- wonderful if you are looking to exfoliate, a nightmare if you are sunburned. One time we were given a bath towel with a huge hole in the middle! That one went to good use when it rained and a big puddle of water developed in our room.
The staff was inexperienced and untrained. They seemed frightened of any question that was asked of them and communication was quite poor. It's no wonder, I'm sure they are dealing with frustrated hotel guests all the time!
I cannot complain about the location of this hotel at all and I think that's what keeps people returning. It's on a wide strip of sand on a quite part of the beach in station 1. The water here is clear, calm and beautiful. The sand is clean, soft and white. Station 2 with all the restaurants and nightlife is a brief walk away.
Needless to say, stay here only if it is the only resort available. Otherwise look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ambassador in Paradise Resort is nested in the best "White Beach" location here at Boracay Philippines. We'd love to accommodate conventions, weddings and guests like you who seeks paradise on earth! See you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Ambassador in Paradise Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador In Paradise Hotel Boracay
- Ambassador In Paradise Boracay