7Stones Boracay Suites
All reviewsbulabog beachminute walkwhite beachkite surfingwell equipped kitchenswim up bard mallgreat pooljunior suitebeach frontloved our stayhigh tidehotel restaurantrecommend this resortthe hotel managernice resortlate at night
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We were enchanted with the 7 Stones. We had first booked a superior room but after checking it out we wanted an upgrade!The room was dark,had no balcony and the window faced a bamboo fence.We asked to upgrade and were very lucky ,there was a second story suite available.It was amazing.Clean and bright.The hotel is ecologically friendly and it shows.No unnecessary containers,recycling bins,homemade bread,jams ext.There is even a gluten free menu.It is on a beach made more for kiting than swimming but we didn't mind,it was just a 10 minute walk to White Beach and the hustle and bustle.The staff was really nice and were very helpful.Mon and Eds at reception,Jay and Louie at the bar and Colleen at the restaurant(by the way Happy B-day Colleen for the 13th)We did a few outings i.e.:helicopter ride and afternoon at the Mandala Spa and they booked everything for us.They arranged our transfers to and from the airport and since it was very early morning they sent us away with a packed breakfast.The only thing was the AC in the room was very very noisy.
The owners were around and very hands on and are Canadians like us !! Thanks Jane and Michel.
Thanks for making our stay remarquable.Hopefully we can return someday and experience all your small touches that made a difference for me .

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and ask for a room on second floor with a balcony
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Nel F, Director of Sales at 7Stones Boracay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience with 7Stones and discovering the charm and uniqueness of our property. We appreciate your willingness and flexibility in considering a different room category different from what you originally booked and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed staying in one of our suites. Sending our very best regard to you and your family!
Happy Easter!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We arrived in Boracay yesterday and were really looking forward to stay in the 7Stones after reading some reviewes and the hotel/room descriptions on different booking websites. Our arrival at the hotel was warm and friendly. Unfortunately our happyness was over when we reached our "superior" room and watched out of the window (no balcony). There is no sidewise seeview or beachview at all (as discriped on booking website)! Instead of that we were looking straight to a garbage dump... very superior. As a couple of two we don't need a huge appartment so the size of the superior room is more then enough. The room is also clean so nothing to complain about that.
The hotel is located a bit far from the nice white beach so this is a real disadvantage. If all rooms would have a balcony so you can sit down in the evening and relax in privacy or even nice seeview as discribed on the booking websites the price you pay for the superior room would be good value for money. But paying 150$ per night and watching a garbage dump every morning is not what you would expect and not worth the money. So better stay at white beach so you dont have to walk miles to the beach and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travelix3
Nel F, Director of Sales at 7Stones Boracay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased that you have found our staff and our resort to be warm and pleasing. We also note that you booked the Superior Room at our hotel and seem to be enjoying the resort and the island. It is true that the Superior Room has only a small balcony. The area beside 7Stones that you are looking at is actually the back area of a recent construction. it is mostly construction materials. We have advised our staff to check in to this area and see that it is cleared.

With respect to the 640 meter walk to White Beach from 7Stones, we would be very pleased to offer transfer if you are planning a trip between the Boat Stations 1, 2 and 3. Just speak to the Front Desk and they will try to accommodate your request in our van or a tricycle.

Once again, thank you for posting your comments.

Jane Rossignol
Director

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Bulabog beach is parallel to the main White Beach, it is much quieter and all the rooms have verandahs which face the beach, allowing you to enjoy views of the kite surfers on Bulabog from the comfort of your own room.

7stones is about a 10 minute walk from White Beach, close enough if you don't fancy staying along the very commercialised White Beach. The walk isn't too pleasant though, as the pathway is narrow and a lot of it was wet (burst pipes?).

We had a two bedroom apartment, which was extremely spacious. Even the verandah had plenty of room and we loved chilling out there in the evenings. The only gripe we had about the rooms was that the wifi was weak at best, but then again you don't go to Boracay to stay connected with the world.

7stones is not a 5 star hotel, evident in little things such as the really thin towels, but what I did not like most was the breakfast, which left much to be desired.

Overall, I'd give 7stones 3.5 stars (out of 5).

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Victoria L
Nel F, Director of Sales at 7Stones Boracay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed the privilege of being a front row spectator to the kite boarding action found in our side of the beach - Bulabog area.
We appreciate that you found our 2 bedroom Family Suite more than adequate for your accommodation needs. We will bear in mind your other recommendations on how we can better improve on other areas. This will be discussed with management for immediate action. Once again, thank you for posting your comments and we hope to be of service to you soon! Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I've been a bit let down by a lot of Tripadvisor reviews, lately, and I think much of it is due to people who had either horrible or particularly good experiences. My experience here was not horrible, but it was quite disappointing, considering the stellar reviews thus far.

Let me start by saying that the facilities themselves were fairly good. Not 5-star, but 4. The grounds were well maintained and the pool seemed nice. The rooms are fairly accurately depicted in the pictures. My wife and I stayed 2 nights in the Superior Room and 1 night in the Junior Suite (they were fully booked, so we were unable to stay in one room for all 3 nights). The Superior Room was certainly a let down because: 1) the view, and 2) the bathroom layout. I don't know if all the Superior Rooms are the same, but we did let them know that we were celebrating our anniversary and requested a room with a view. I don't know if it was acknowledged, however (more on that later), but we had a patio that looked onto a... fence. Also, the bathroom door is positioned directly in front of the sink, so someone can't open the door fully (or halfway) while someone is using the sink. The Junior Suite was much nicer, although again - despite our request for a nice view due to it being our anniversary and all - we were given the worst possible room, closest to the noise of the restaurant/bar, looking out not onto the pool or beach, but into the white... storage shack?

I do not consider myself one of those self-entitled travellers, so I do understand that when hotels are fully booked, they're limited in what rooms they can offer you. But given that we had booked months in advance and let them know that we were celebrating our anniversary, I would have hoped for better or at least an... acknowledgement? At check-in, I asked if they had received my note/requests and they confirmed they did. The seemingly tired woman simply told us that we wouldn't be able to check into our room at that time (we were early) but that they would clean our room right away to accommodate our checking in within an hour (we weren't able to check in until 5 hours later).

I also need to point out that this was all after they had forgotten about our airport transfer (which I confirmed via e-mail with a Mr. Sarmiento prior to arrival) and we were held in limbo for a little under an hour while their transport company confirmed things with the hotel. No apologies were made.

I don't think I was treated poorly, but certainly underwhelmingly. They fell short of the 5 star quality that their price would lead you to expect. The smiles and great service that people have written about in their reviews only added to my disappointment.

My recommendation for couples travelling to Boracay: book your hotel on White Beach. It isn't as wild and crazy as they say (touristy, yes, but no drunks or obnoxiously loud noise). The hotels there, oftentimes cheaper, offer private areas on the beautiful beach (which 7 Stones does not - their beach is not very good unless you're there to go kite boarding) and offer much more variety in terms of food. I don't see why any non-kite boarder would stay at the 7 Stones, as the walk back and forth from the beach gets tedious, and it's priced over US$100 more than similar rooms at hotels on White Beach.

I tell you what, I was envious of those who stayed at the Boracay Regency. They have a prime spot on the beach with THE premier buffet in Boracay.

I think the 7 Stones would be perfect for kite boarding enthusiasts or large families that require large suites. That seemed to be the crowd, pretty much. Not a horrible place, but certainly keep your expectations in check.

Room Tip: Junior Suites and up... Standard Suite will disappoint.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank KoreaByWayOfNY

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service our colleagues strive to provide, and we apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. Your feedback was shared with our team, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.

We sincerely apologize for not being able to provide you with a bigger suite or a same room category for your honeymoon get-away. Unfortunately, at the time of the booking and during your stay, we were already running full and we had those two rooms remaining at that time.

It is a standard practice at our resort to take note of important details or requests emailed to us by our guests or from agencies who have booked for or in behalf of our guests. We take the time to respond to requests in a prompt and efficient manner and endorse this to the other departments concerned. We have already probed further on how this was handled.

As you noted, being made to wait for an airport pick-up is not appropriate and it is definitely not our intention to fall well outside of our own internal standards for providing attentive service to guests. The airport pick-up that you requested and was likewise confirmed by our Reservations officer was for regular seat-in arrangement. As explained to you via email last January 24, 2014, this means that the use of the bus and boat will not be exclusive only to your party, but you will be joined with other guests as well. This was the reason that waiting time occurred during the pick-up. A chartered or private transfer was also an option offered to you at that time you inquired if you really needed to be in the island immediately, but you have chosen the regular transfers instead. We hope this is clear now.

Nevertheless, we are very thankful that you have chosen to share your concerns with us. We will make sure that for other guests inquiring for transfers, the difference between a private and regular arrangement will be highlighted to ensure guest’s expectations are met and well understood by both parties. Like you, we highly value the consistency of top service that our resort is known for.

Once again, we apologize for the lapses in service you have encountered and we thank you for sharing with us specific areas that we can improve on.

If you have further comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to email us at reservations@7stonesboracay.com. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was there week ago with my partner. The whole place was awesome. This place is really relaxing though the rates is a bit expensive. The swimming pool is really beautiful, too bad I wasn't able to swim because I'm sick. The place is really quiet fit for those who wanted to relax and enjoy the scenery. The food is good, which a 100% recommended, credits to the chef. The front desk officer, Maricel is really accommodating. The staff we're neat. Entertaining waiters should be hired in their good restaurant.

Overall going back there is my plan.

Room Tip: Bring your Wifi device because sometimes wifi in the room doesn't work but not a big issue anyway.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kkkkk_j
Nel F, Director of Sales at 7Stones Boracay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. We hope that you are feeling better already and were able to relax and rest well. Thank you for commending on our meal selections and service provided by our associates. We hope to see you and your partner soon at the resort!