“Excellent Stay”

7Stones Boracay Suites
Ranked #23 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Traveled with family of 4 adults and 1 kid.
Got the family suites with pool view for MYR 720, 2 separate king size bed with its own bathroom. A jacuzzi, big living and dining room and a kitchen space.

Hotel located on the other side of the more popular beaches, around half hour walk thru restaurants, shopping mall and other hotels. So it quite clean and free from loud noise.

One set back however was the food. Their buffet has very little selection, other than that it was an excellent stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank raejari
Nel F, Director of Sales at 7Stones Boracay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

We took note of your recommendation and we would like to share with you that we have come up with new menu concepts at the resort. We would like for you to give this a try on your next trip to the island. Thank you very much for your kind comments and suggestions. See you soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is truly a gem. I have been to Boracay many times and stayed at quite a few places. I discovered 7 Stones about 3 years ago and felt in love with this resort. The place is truly an oasis. The Junior suites and Deluxe suites are quite spacious and very well maintained. The grounds are very well manicured and the service is courteous and discreet. The food is also very good. Details are well attended and the property is obviously very well managed. I have stayed at 7 Stones at least 5 times and I am always looking forward to go back. Truly a home away from home. It is close to everything. Located on Bulabog beach, it is peaceful and yet, close to the action of White beach which is only 10 minutes walk. During the dry season, one will enjoy the cooling breeze from the sea. This breeze makes Bulabog beach a popular spot for windsurfing and kite boarding during the dry season (November to June). During the monsoon (June to November), most water sports operators move from White beach to Bulabog as the sea by White beach can be quite perilous during that period. 7 Stones maintains an excellent position on Bulabog and delivers a great product. I strongly recommend 7 Stones. However, iIf you’re looking for a party place, then keep looking... I hope I won’t see you there.....
Henri Lemay

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank henrilemay

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and noting the consistency of our room and service offerings. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.Our commitment is to make each guest's stay more memorable than before.Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your 6th trip to Boracay. All the best!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Before I booked this hotel, I was wondering why there were some very bad reviews for a hotel that generally gets great remarks so the curiosity and the fact that I was getting the room at a great price for hotels in it's category got the best of me and I booked here for my one night stay in Boracay. I can see now why this hotel gets it's occasional bad feedback and I think it is because while the hotel has a lot of great attributes, it's service can be erratic at times. I think this a great hotel for some people and might not be a good fit for others. I will write a very detailed review here so that people can make up their mind whether or not to stay here. I want to qualify that this review and the rating takes into account that the hotel is competing in the luxury class because if this hotel was a value or budget hotel, I would give it a higher rating. So yeah, like I said I decided to give this hotel a try and arrived in the late afternoon to checkin and was greeted with a smile and the checkin process was efficient and smooth. I was welcomed to the hotel with a warm greeting along with a tea and necklace. Nice touch. I was given a room on the 3rd floor and upon my arrival to the room, I requested a room on the ground floor because I was feeling lazy and the place did not have elevators. The request was accommodated. Great. I liked the room on the ground floor and it appeared to be bigger then the room on the 3rd floor which was confirmed by one of the staff members later who told me that some of the rooms on the ground floor are indeed bigger. The AC worked ok and the wifi, while erratic in speed, worked for the most part. I really came to the hotel to relax and to be away from the craziness of Manila and so I had no interest in staying in the busier part of Boracay so I was happy with the quiet and calm ambience of the hotel. I hung out at the bar with some guys who worked at the hotel and they seemed like nice people. So far so good, right? Well, there are a couple of things that greatly impacted my adverse review.

First and foremost, the room was full of mosquitos. I spent a better part of my night trying to kill them and just when I fought that all were gone, another one of two would appear. I checked the door, screen, and every other possible way for them to appear in the room but it appeared that they were in the room before my arrival. I also felt that there was a great deal of mosquito presence around the property also which is somewhat expected but given that I see some of the other hotels on the Island regularly fumigate to eliminate this issue, I think that the hotel should do more of this so that other guests don't experience what I did during my one night here and that is lack of sleep. I could not really sleep because I kept getting bitten and bothered by mosquitos in the room so I decided to stay up all night and do work which I guess in some ways was good for me because I was a little behind. But a room full of mosquitos is not what I expect from a room in a luxury hotel.

In the early morning hours at around 6 24 A.M., I decided that I should really just checkout and try to take an earlier flight so I walked to the front desk and spoke with Janette and even showed her the towel with dead mosquitoes that I had used to kill them. She was nice and symphonic and made a good point that I should have just informed the front desk and try to change the room. I was just too lazy to do all that middle of the night, I guess. But I still don't expect a room full of mosquitoes in a luxury class hotel. As if this was not enough, I noticed that the staff was setting up breakfast. It was to start in about half an hour. I was thinking that maybe they can do some thing real quick for me before I left especially given the issue I had all night long, but the kitchen staff refused. Plain outright No. Janette called and asked them a couple of times but they would not accommodate even though they were obviously all around. While I understood the hotel policy of starting the breakfast at 7 A.M., I was surprised that they would not accommodate to the slightest degree. This was unfortunate especially given that I did not really sleep all night. And this is what brings me to this review and my disappointment.

I do want to mention something about the location also which I think is great in some respect and possibly not the right place for others. Note that this is not on the happening part of the island. It is much quieter here. I liked it myself but it might not work for others. Also, please note that while the hotel is newer then others in the area, it is still located in the middle of number of dilapidated structures and shady surroundings and the entrance is indicative of this. But once in the hotel, you will see a modern structure. I personally was going to leave but when I approached the exit area of the hotel, there were so many dogs barking, I got nervous and decided to eat dinner at the hotel which by the way worked out because the food was actually decent.

Finally, as the saying goes, once bitten twice shy. So will I try this hotel again? I think I would because I think there were enough good things about it to give it another shot and I believe that the hotel would take a hard look at some of the issues I outlined here and try to correct them. But I guess there is enough content here for a perspective traveler to make up his or her own mind based on individual preferences and taste.

Room Tip: I would try to ask for a room on the ground floor as I guess some of them are bigger then the rooms...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Mr_Universal
Nel F, Director of Sales at 7Stones Boracay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Thank you very much for sharing with us your honest and fair assessment of our resort. We took into account all the recommendations that you have shared with us and we are on top of the situation to ensure that there will not be a repeat of this incident. Thank you for pointing out what we need to work on and rest assured that this has been dealt with all departments concerned. Please know that we would like to make it up to you on your next stay and we look forward to welcoming you again in Boracay. Thank you and Best Regards!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This resort exceeded our expectations plus more. Prior to arrival I corresponded with Michelle Chavez, and conducted our transaction online. She answered my questions promptly and ensured me that everything will be taken care of for our stay, as it was. We went for the adventure package so it included 3 activities for two, a 90 min massage, breakfast, couple shirts, and mugs. Upon our arrival, at the Caticlan Airport, it was pretty hectic, but it was easy for us because we just said 7 Stones, and BOOM, they knew what to do with us. We also had Kuya Gerald, as the "driver" for the trip, he assisted us the the whole 4 day, 3 night trip. He even escorted us back and got us a van for our trip to Iloilo, which we didn't expect. For our adventures, he told us what we needed to say and do, which we REALLY appreciated, b/c even though I am Filipina, I can't understand 100% of Bisaya. We loved this place, even though it was a 10 minute walk to the other side of the island where D*mall and adventures were, it was nice to be away from all the noise and chaos. The view was so pretty right next to the water, Our deluxe suite was AWESOME! I loved their layout, so modern, open and if I had a one bedroom apartment, I'd hope it would be similar to that layout... simply beautiful! The breakfast was delicious, my fiance loved it because he got to have bacon & pancakes everyday, but he's easy. I loved their omelet bar, and their choices of fruit.

The breakfast staff was very courteous, but all the staff that we dealt with were great! The pool's bartender was really fun to, gave us peanuts as soon as we sat at the pool's bar, I just wanted to sit but he tended to us within a minute of sitting. I didn't have an issue with the resort's staff at all.

There were 2 issues for us, but being in hospitality management I know what is under the resorts control and not so this isn't part of the resorts overall review. First was the sewage, it seemed to be a general issue with island resorts, as sewage is more of the builders issue, but eventually should be corrected: there was a sewage smell that would creep up whenever we flushed the toilet, so that was a bummer, but we just opened the windows. The second issue was with the massage: the two massage therapists that came to our room were flat out LAZY and cut it short with us too! It totally made me mad, but my fiance calmed me down because whether they were there for the whole 90 mins, it wouldn't have mattered because the 45 minutes that they were there, it was the second crappiest massage I have ever had. So the extra time wouldn't have helped the case. BUT again, as the resort itself's issue, no... they seemed like contractors.

Overall, my fiance and I will keep this place as our go to spot forever. We received 5 star stay for a steal of a price! I loved it and I definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Edimimi

We are very grateful to you for sharing your recent holiday experience stay at 7 Stones. Thank you very much for trying out our Adventure package. We hope that you will recommend it to your friends and family who seek for a non-conventional vacation in the island. We also appreciate that you have shared your concerns regarding the massage experience. We took note of this and we want to ensure you that we will definitely offer a better service next time around. As for factors beyond our control, this is being handled by the municipal officers accordingly. Once again, thank you for your time and we hope to see you again next time!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed in this wonderful hotel in April 21-23,2014.The reason why I just gave this hotel a 4 is because we stayed at their superior room the first night and it was pretty tight for 2 people. But if you're just there to sleep then that may work for you. But for us, we prefer a little more space to move around so we requested to be upgraded to a 1 BR suite with a full kitchen,dining room and balcony. It's so nice to get up in the morning and stare at the blue azure waters of Boracay. As the other reviewers have pointed out, that this is more of the windy side of Boracay more suitable for kite flying.Breakfast is okay with the usual fare of fruits,omelet station,cereal and bread. The staff are very professional and efficient. They always go out of their way to check on us or if there's anything else they can do to make our stay a memorable one.
The hotel is only a few minutes walk to the D'Mall where everyone congregates. Since we were there on summer time, D'Mall and white beach is very crowded.Therefore 7 Stones located in Bulabog Beach is a welcome haven to unwind and relax.Depending on what you're looking for this might not be the right fit for you.But for us, we prefer the quiet and tranquil setting of 7 Stones which is more right up our alley. The hotel can make arrangement for a tour of the island,snorkeling, massage and other activities that you desire.As for restaurants there are many to choose from that can satisfy your cravings.If we return to Boracay, I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you want more space then choose a 1 Bedroom suite with balcony but if you prefer just a place to...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your generous and heartwarming comments. We are delighted that you have found a gem in Boracay that you chose to share with fellow travelers. You are absolutely right that for guests wanting more space during their vacation, staying in one of our suites is the way to go! Please let us know your next vacation schedule so we can arrange something special for you on your next visit! Cheers!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

First of all: this hotel is not on the white beach, but on Bulabog. This is the windy side of the island, so don't expect a beautiful white beach here, but lots of wind, kites and a few windsurf boards...
The hotel itself is a U-shaped building and relatively new, the staff is very accommodating and friendly. We had a large suite with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms on the 3rd floor. Narrow but nice view towards the beach from a large balcony. The pool is located in the center of the hotel and is long but not too wide. Ideal for an evening lap after spending the day out on the ocean. We did not dine in the hotel as there are plenty of options in Boracay and for us the dining menu was a bit on the pricey side. The breakfast buffet is substantial, though.
Note that the hotel partially includes suites which are rented out by individuals, also here on tripadvisor. So, if you have a larger group of friends this may be an option.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for highly recommending our resort for kiteboarding and windsurfing enthusiasts! They can definitely get a prime spot to enjoy these exciting water sports from October until March. Next time you come for a visit, we hope that we can invite you to join our Steak Nights held every Fridays and Saturdays, so you can come across one of the best and juiciest steaks on the Island! See you soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed for 4 days and 3 nights at this delightfully relaxing resort May 09 - 12, 2014. The route going to the hotel's main entrance is not conventional as you need to traverse narrow roads which is a little disconcerting at first since there are structures which are a bit ramshackle right beside the main gate. But all that disappears upon entering the premises. The front desk staff are quite helpful. The place is not overwhelmingly opulent but cozy and serene. Having a nice pool is an added bonus since the beach fronting the hotel is utterly useless for swimming. There's also some sort of a sewage discharge pipe pumping water straight into the beach right in front of another resort beside 7 Stones. Then again the White Beach is just a 10 minute walk away. So if want a dip in seawater be prepared to have a little exercise first. Breakfast is superb. Nice selection. Very attentive restaurant staff too. Now let's go to the room. We had a deluxe suite at the 2nd floor. Very nice and adequately sized and good amenities. Big bathroom. Tiny balcony though with no view. No big deal. BUT the real big issue was the airconditioning unit in the suite. It barely cools the room. Rang front desk to report the issue a couple of hours after checking in and was promised that someone would look into it. No one came. Bedtime and still no maintenance guy. Took a little forceful call from partner before a technician arrived. He fiddled with the aircon remote and muttered something like it needs to be checked from the outside. Another hour passed and still no improvement in the room temperature. Partner rang front desk again and requested if we could be transferred to a cooler room. Suffering from hypertension, sleeping in a hot temperature could exacerbate the condition. Front office mentioned they were fully booked but they had a 1st floor room which they offered mentioning though that the temperature might be the same. Partner checked and true enough that room was even more stiflingly hot than our suite. So we just decided to avoid the hassle and stay put. Only consolation is, It gets better in the wee hours as the outside temperature also drops. We've stayed in several resorts in Boracay through the years in the midst of the searing Philippine summer and had the experience of staying in the simplest resorts to the better ones. All were airconditoned and all were adequately cool except 7 Stones.We would love to come back BUT they need to do something about the aircon units first.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eriksgv

Thank you very much for your recent stay at our resort and for taking the time to post a review with your feedback. Through this, we are able to continuously improve our services and facilities.

It is unfortunate that you were inconvenienced during your stay concerning the air conditioning unit in the room you have stayed in. Please be assured that this has discussed with our Engineering Department and necessary measures have already been implemented to ensure that this will not happen again to you and to our future guests.

On the other hand, we are pleased to know that you found our resort and our team excellent and a great great value for money.

Once again, thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to welcome you back at 7Stones Boracay Suites assuring you of our best service at all times.