“nice ambiance”

Villa de Oro Restaurant
Ranked #296 of 337 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: International
Description: You have a listing for Villa de Oro resort but I am endeavouring to review its restaurant as I ate breakfast there this morning but did not stay.
Reviewed 19 June 2014

nice place and super friendly staff accomodated us...their food was delicious, esp. the simple complementary soup that came with our ordered food, our deisgnated staff even gave us another serving after we said it was sooo delicious...

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The grilled liempo and chicken are great. They also have unlimited rice however the rice they served us is quite soft. They don't serve service water. You also have to pay 5 pesos for using comfort rooms.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Eating in a buffet every night has been part of my daily itenerary whenever I travel to Boracay. I have enjoyed all the other restaurants except this one. My friend and I went to eat dinner here last 18 May 2014 as we are craving for some local cuisine. We initially thought that the price of PHP250 is reasonable and we were wrong. They served rice, pancit, Ukoy, Lumpiang Shanghai, Ampalaya (bitter gourd) with egg, Tortang Talong (eggplant), fish with oyster sauce (I did not try this), Bicol Express, Chicken and Pork Adobo and Caldereta. They served Maja Blanca as dessert. There is almost no shrimp in their Ukoy (mostly flour batter and some vegetables). The rice, pancit Talong and Ampalaya are just okay. The lumpia tastes rancid and is very thin and small. The Bicol Express is too oily. The maja is too starchy. The Adobo and Caldereta are good.

The price includes a round of iced tea instead of unlimited drinks which is included in all the other buffet restaurants I have tried. I don't really like iced tea so I asked if water is available and was informed that it is available. The drinks were serve in a disposable plastic cup and half of it was ice. We already finished our iced tea even if we have not eaten the food and so I asked the waitress if she can give us some water. We were surprised that we have to pay extra and buy bottled water because they do not have or serve house water! I told the waitress we thought water is available and she strssed out that yes, water is available but we have to pay extra. We thought this is rather surprising because other establishments serve house water for free. We had no choice but to buy their overpriced bottled water. Perhaps it is our fault that we did not clarify if they provide house water for free but we really feel that this is a cheap, dishonest and annoying trick to make their customers spend more money.

In summary, food is not great, the service is horrible and the value is terrible. I hope that they do not engage in dishonest methods of making money.

1  Thank morlem_seyre
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My family had a wonderful time here !
A nice Teppenaki type meal but maybe a few more ingredients would be a good idea ?.
Good entertainment and a nice atmosphere with attentive staff

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We went there with my family 11 of us as my sister recommended it as it is cheap and good i ordered 6 liempos,2 chicken,2 blue marlin and i saw it they put in the plate to grill it. As we patiently waited for almost an hour one of the staff came and reconfirm our order then he said they are preparing for it.then minute later d lady who took my order came and said sorry because the liempo was already finish and is it ok to replace it with other thing.into my surprise i told her how can it be i saw that you put the liempos into the plate when i pay my order.i told her can u just admit that you gave it others.
I was so upset as the whole family was very hungry already.i accepted the apology but my point here is the time that we waited and they will just tell you that the food that i ordered are no more in which i saw them put into a plate when i ordered.
I hope this will serve a lesson to them to provide a good service to customers