“A hotel with a stunning view”

Monaco Suites de Boracay
Ranked #25 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for four days from Sept 28 to Oct 1. Upon arriving at the domestic airport we had a van transport us to the jetty for us to take a boat to our hotel. I must say the hotel looks impressive especially when you arrive at the private dock of the hotel and exactly like what it looked in the photos. A very grand entrance indeed from the boat.

We arrived very early in the morning and they had our suite ready for us already after half an hour which was good. The balcony was huge and the suite was nice and clean with a living room, dining table and kitchen too. We were pleasantly surprised that our hotel package came with breakfast, an hour massage at a nearby spa for each of us with a shuttle service included, a choice of a six hour island hopping tour or a jet ski ride, and also a complimentary dinner for two! Very nice touch indeed since I did not expect anything other than a suite as stated in our hotel voucher.

We had pre-booked some tours before arrival through the website My Boracay Guide and so we went ahead to try the jet ski, horse riding, buggy car, go kart, land tour, jet boat and parasailing. We did not know that our hotel also offered such services as it was not stated in their website so it was too late to book from the hotel. I checked the prices. Both were comparable.

The staff were always very friendly and everyone would greet me with a smile no matter whether I recognised them or not. We called for room service a few times during our stay and it was always prompt.

Overall, I would recommend staying here if you are after a great view. We stayed at room 291 which was right at the top of the hill. This had both advantages and disadvantages. The walk to the lobby was easy as it was downhill but uphill was slightly harder. The hotel was a bit further from the main area downtown but that's a compromise for the great view. The shuttle service was every hour so it wasn't too bad. Otherwise we would just take a tricycle back. We had a very lovely stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank KendraBlair

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Monaco Suites is a little off the beaten path, but it's worth it. The free shuttle back and forth to D'Mall (adjacent to White Beach) is quick and convenient. We had a beautiful suite with a large terrace with a spectacular view. The whole place is luxurious - from the landscaping to the pool to the fixtures. The restaurant is excellent. The staff is friendly and helpful. It's not the cheapest place in town, but once again, it's worth it!

Room Tip: The rooms are all good. Very quiet and well situated.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MajorNipples
Reviewed 27 June 2012

A vacation I will treasure for the rest of my life!!! We were pampered by very friendly and knowledgeable staff, sumptous breakfast everyday, and the free shuttle van to downtown was a treat. Their private beach looks like one of those featured beaches in magazines, and the infinity pool at sunset is a scene to behold. I can't forget the mango shake they greet you with while checking in. I'll go back there in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Eva H
Reviewed 15 June 2012

= ROOMS, rather, SUITES =
My friends and I stayed in the one-bedroom suite which were HUGEEEE by regular vacation room standards. And that's really nice because after an exhausting day under the hot sun at the beach, you can just throw your beachwear(ware) on the floor, the balcony or bedroom without cluttering the place as you would a regular hotel room =) Note that many apartments are all owned by people and are leased out on their behalf by the management, so every room has different deco. They are equipped with a full kitchen, but no microwave.

= LOCATION =
The location is both good and bad. It's far from action but that could also be the plus point, depending on what you want. The free shuttle service more than makes up for this by being on time, efficient, helpful and super friendly. When there are too many people to fit into the van, they will send another van. Do look out for rude guests who appear from nowhere and shove their way up the van during pickup at White beach.

The hotel is located on top of a hill, offering a stunning view of the deep blues and kite surfers along Bulabog beach. There is a very steep slope leading to the property so it is physically challenging and you have to choose a good tuk tuk! We had an unfortunate accident the first time we took a tuk tuk back to the hotel, but subsequent times were ok. The property is hilly so expect to walk up stairs or slopes every day to breakfast and pick up service.

= FOOD =
The breakfast spread was ok, and sometimes cold. That and lunch is still edible but really, the service is so great, it makes bland food kinda tasty =)

= SERVICE =
What can I say... From security guard to driver to receptionist, they were all so willing to assist. From the point we were picked up at the airport to the hotel check in, we were greeted with huge smiles and when we left, it was truly with regret, both on ours and their faces, because we had forged a friendly relationship throughout the days we were there.

= $$$ =
There are definitely cheaper alternatives a stone throw away from White Beach so why pay more for this place? I'll say the size of the suite, the great service, the tranquility, the comfort, the view, and the choice of being in the middle of the action or having some time out from the noise.

Boracay's beautiful beach and waters, along with this great hideout made my friends and I vow that Boracay and Monaco Suites de Boracay will be our default Beach Getaway in the South East Asia region!

Tip : Expect a crowd of men at the airport or ferry terminal who eagerly fight to and WILL carry your bags and then blatantly tell you how much to pay them after (usually determined by number of bags and how much of a sucker you look like). But, frankly, that's a common sight when travelling to islands, so let that happen, then move on to enjoy your holiday!

Room Tip: You need to balance Sea View and amount to Walk. If you like sea view, some part of all suites shoul...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank aucharms
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful this hotel is. On first arrival you are greeted by very professional and friendly staff, the service was superb from the time of arrival to departure. There is one thing that frightened me about the place and that was the steep paths up and down the resort, but do not panic, they have a number of 'golf' buggies to carry you up the hill especially after eating your fill at the wonderful buffet breakfast.
The suites in the complex are equally superb, some of the pictures on the web do not do this place any justice, the suite we stayed in (213) was magnificent, the views are second to none. One downside of this hotel is that it is not sitting on the famous white sand beach. Again, do not panic there is a shuttle bus to take you to their private piece of paradise. I think that having the hotel away from here is a blessing, the noise from the boats would be unpleasant I think.
My only downer about the hotel and the island was that we had to leave. I travelled with my family, which included my 2 year old and my 74 year old mother, both loved the place!

Room Tip: 213 is at the top of the resort with stunning views!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Huw J
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We spent a most relaxing and enjoyable 5 days at this hotel. The pick-up service from the airport was one of the best we have experienced- we were taken to the jetty and whisked off in a motorboat to Boracay Island. We were offered glasses of bubbly on the boat- very welcoming. The suite included a kitchenette and sitting room, plus a magnificent balcony (with recliners) with views of the sea, pool and hotel grounds.

We like having the freedom to choose whether to eat in a hotel restaurant, local restaurant or do some self-catering. Here we could do all three. Some evenings we strolled across to the bar and restaurant for dinner, and others we enjoyed preparing some food and eating outside on the balcony, so it suited us perfectly. The owner and family chatted to us and were very welcoming and informative about the local area. The food was excellent, and the pool was in a lovely setting and we had it to ourselves much of the time. There is a jetty with canoes, and a small beach which you can walk along and get to the next cove though a rocky arch. Lots of starfish in the rockpools at low tide.

Although a little way from the White Beach, it was fun to take a short free shuttle/buggy to get there, passing through a small village on the way. Sunbeds/towels were laid on at Cocos-Locos on the beach. We recommend getting there late afternoon to go for a swim in the sea, then stay on for a beer or sun-downer to watch the incredible sunset- very atmospheric with local boats sailing back and forth as the sun goes down. Then you can either stay on for a meal in a local cafe, or go back to the hotel for dinner. There was a good Swiss deli in D' Mall where we bought some treats for self-catering back at the hotel. The hotel staff are very helpful in arranging a selection of day/half-day trips, and we enjoyed the Island-hopping trip. A most relaxing stay.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank DSFLM
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I have just spent 5 nights at the Monaco Suites de Boracay and it has been one of the most relaxing holidays ever. From the minute you are picked up from the airport your holiday begins.The staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast is a great way to start your day and there is so much choice. The pool is fantastic and never really busy, although I loved my early morning swim at 7am.The pick up and drop off's to the beach and coffee shop are timed perfectly. Your towels and sun beds are waiting for you on the beach if you want to spend some time at Coco-Locos on the White Beach.The views are breath taking. What more could you want?
Excellent value for money, you would pay a lot more for this kind of accommodation in Europe.
I never rarely return to a place I have been to on holiday , but I will be booking again to stay here next year, it was fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends