“2nd Time is a Charm”

Monaco Suites de Boracay
Ranked #25 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 18 April 2013

How many ways can you say fantastic? Our suite was perfect. Tess, the housekeeping supervisor met us at our suite. She was very professional and polite. She made sure everything was in order upon our arrival. The suite was clean, spacious with all the amenities possible. The view was fantastic. Joel, our housekeeper did a great job everyday cleaning our suite.
Although they have a limited menu (in my opinion), Joe Ben, the chef, honored our requests for food not on the menu. Bartender Jacob satisfied all of our needs as did our server Irwin. Great food, great service and a great value.
The girls in the reception area made us feel at home. Ally and Tesza always greeted us with a nice and a nice greeting.
The whole staff performed in a professional manner. Kudos to the management for having a well developed staff of people.
The breakfast buffet is the best I have had in all the resorts I have stayed in during my 7 visits.
I would only wish they could expand their lunch and dinner menu if nothing else but have a daily special to choose from.
I definitely will return to Monaco and recommend those inquiring about Monaco to read the reviews. Thank you Monaco!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Every suite at Monaco is great.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve W

Reviewed 9 April 2013

When we booked at monaco suites we knew the resort wouldnt be at the white beach and would be at another part of the island but we didnt expect it to be that far. For the good points: we booked a family suite and it was huge. It had a masters bedroom with its own toilet and bath and 2 smaller rooms with a common tb the suite had a small kitchen complete w oven pots n pans and cooking utensils and a ref. It had a dining table and sala with a 42 inch TV. Our unit had a spacious balcony facing the sea with garden sets and a roof deck where u can hold parties
The rooms were clean and well maintained and there's an intercom so you can call the frontdesk for anything. The resort had several huge pools with lounge chairs and a short beach front with not so fine and white sand. the breakfast buffet was impressive and The service at the restaurant was nice n fast. the staff were friendly n corteous. The suites are well spaced apart so it affords enough privacy and the gardens and lawns are well kept. For the downside. The nice and huge rooms come with a price. the place is so far from the white beach and although they have a regular shuttle to n from "d mall" the trip takes around 30mins. When going back to the resort, the line for the shuttle can also be long during peak season. The last trip of the shuttle is 9pm so if u plan to party late at the white beach, you have to take the tricycle back to d resort. Once we did this and we were charged P100 by d tricycle driver for 3 persons. the place is also not friendly for Persons w disability or senior citizens since the walk from the road to the suites is far and on a steep winding path there is an electric golf cart service up to a cerain point only but a guest has to walk up and down d hilly terrain or climb stairs to get to the suites, the pool and even the beach area. Overall, the place is nice but far from the boracay beach strip. If you have been to boracay before and is expecting a "party / market place atmosphere, you wont get that at monaco suites. but if you want peace and quiet with a luxurius setting and great ocean views then go stay at monaco suites

Sent from my iPhone

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank traveldoc298573
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Really nice, quieter place to stay. Would ABSOLUTELY come back to this place.

Our family stayed here 5 nights at the end of March and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was a bit skeptical of the place before I arrived, being that it was on the other side of the island. But once we figured out that it's 5-10 minutes to white beach via shuttle, no big deal. We appreciated the fantastic views and quieter atmosphere in the evening. We spent days on white beach and nights back at the resort, for the most part.

Pros: location, location, location. Views could not be beat. Absolute paradise. We had a 2 br/2 bath suite, and it was perfect for a family of 4. Pool was cool, bar area was a nice place to have dinner outside with a gentle breeze in the evening, overlooking the bay. Fantastic service, although I would have appreciated a bit more proactiveness in replenishing our bottled water supplies.

Cons: the shuttle to CocoLoco (station 3) stops at 5pm. There needs to be a better way to get back to the hotel from there after 5. The last night I paid a local 100pp ($2.50) for a ride back up the hill on the back of his motorbike. The rest of my family did the same with a "tricycle" (i.e. tuk tuk in Thailand). I didn't want to walk 20 minutes to station 2 through party central to wait for the next hourly van. If the hotel is serious about having a beachfront station at CocoLoco, they really should do it right and man it, not just have a few chase lounges, umbrellas, and bar service, which is what it was.

Highly recommend having the hotel arrange transfers from Caticlan. Flawless. The airport is not one where you can just walk out and get on a water taxi. Having the hotel do it was great - van, waiting boat, van, hotel with waiting golf cart. Perfect. When they popped a bottle of bubbly on the 7 minute boat ride, I knew we had made the right choice!

Room Tip: Higher room=better view Suites=much more room
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2013

From the moment we arrived and every day after the staff went out of their way to accomodate our stay. The view, the room/suite was more than we expected. Although on the east coast getting anywhere on the island is easy. A little piece of heaven.

Room Tip: If you want the roof top deck you will have to request third floor. All rooms (i think) have an ocea...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Boracay Island has been the subject of numerous reviews of late - best island, best beach, etc. Having just completed my first visit there, I think the island is slightly overhyped, but suggest that if you go - stay at this hotel. It's the best place on Boracay! Situated in a quiet corner of the island, it's removed from the madness of the White Beach, but the hotel provides shuttle service to and from every hour, and it's only a 15-minute drive. So, you get to have your cake (bars, restaurants, massages on the beach) on the White Beach, while so enjoying the quiet, beauty of the Monaco Suites site. Gorgeous design, nice big rooms, all with a view of the sea and a staff that can't be beat. Ally in the front office, JR in the dining room greeting you with a smile as big as all outdoors every morning, Ervin at the bar. Terrific team. Breakfast buffets are huge, of high quality and immense variety. Eat on the balcony overlooking the pool and the gorgeous seaside view - what's not to like? Family atmosphere, but gay friendly.

Room Tip: The hotel is built as a series of villas going up a fairly steep hill, so all units have a view. We...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I was checked in here last February. We enjoy it so much! Beautiful view, clean facilities and mostly nice and approachable staffs.

Every money we spent in Monaco was worth it! We stayed in one bedroom suite that have kitchen, dining, living room, bathroom, bedroom and my most favorite part of the room was the balcony!

Beside from the hotel, what I love most in Monaco was their staffs, they were really friendly specially Cherry and Carlo who were always smiling and did a great job on maintaining the cleanliness of our room and they were very approachable. Thank you guys!

We will come back!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travel the worl... L
Reviewed 23 March 2013

This was my first trip to the Philippines and Boracay. I selected the Monaco Suites based on the previous trip advisor reviews. I am so glad that I did! I visited with my husband and young daughter and we all agreed that Monaco Suites is heavenly. The resort is built on a hill with magnificent ocean views. Each spacious suite has a balcony overlooking the water. My husband I enjoyed sitting together on the balcony simply staring at the view. You have the same view from the swimming pool which also overlooks the ocean. My favorite activity was to swim in the pool at night, looking at the bright stars above and the ocean below.

Monaco Suites has a small private beach and dock. The beach is beautifully maintained by a lovely crew who are out every morning. Our family enjoyed searching for shells each morning and swimming in the crystal clear water. If you desire to go the long stretch of White Beach, there are frequent, simple shuttle rides from the resort. I preferred to the tranquility of Monaco Suites and could have stayed happily stayed there for our entire visit.

We would like to say a special thanks to Florence who met us at the airport and helped us arrange several special activities including a private boat for "island hopping". I highly recommend taking a boat tour of the island with a stop for snorkeling and a trip to Puka Beach. The staff at Monaco Suites are exceptionally kind and attentive.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the ocean have no noise from the main road. Super quiet!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family