“Beautiful apartment but far from beach”

Tanawin Resort and Luxury Apartments
Ranked #71 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I was expecting too much from this place considering the reviews written. For me, i dont find it to be the best place to stay in boracay. The location is quite far in order to feel the ambiance of the white beach.

There foods really needs improvement and so expensive. The menu seems too many but the outcome is different. For example, tom yang soup is not as you crave it to be but rather taste like "sinigang".

For the staff, i would rate them a 3.5star. Nothing extraordinary nor pampered feeling moments with them.

In the other side, the apartment is clean, presentable and you can say "it feels like home."

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Bea Bern G

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We pre booked from Australia based on photos and reviews. We certainly were not let down. The staff are fantastic and the view from the rooftop bar was awesome. I wouldn't recommend it if you're allergic to stairs as there's no lift, but other than that it was really good. Even though it was some distance from D'Mall or White Beach it wasn't a problem as there is an hourly shuttle. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank David C
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I traveled last May 04, 2014 and its kinda late doing this review (sorry) :). I am such a critic when it comes to choosing a nice, friendly and accommodating staff, clean hotel and with such great amenities. Tanawin had passed my criteria with 5 stars and a moon :) 15min drive to D'Mall or White Beach has never been a problem with my hubby for there is a free shuttle service every hour until midnight. Its my hubby's bday and ive decided to surprise him and it was really hard for me to decide on what could be the arrangements for I was just calling from Manila but Tanawin's staff has took care of it and the room was ready when we arrived with this cake, balloons and rose petals scattered on the table which seemed like i was there arranging everything though Im not. And for some reason, i think they had upgraded the room i booked for i got this spacious room that was more than what Im expecting. WOW! And one more thing, their BREAKFAST is superb! you wont be needing a hotel that serves buffet because Tanawin's set meal will make your tummy full. Thank you Tanawin for making my hubby a happy man during our entire stay. we'll definitely come back.

Room Tip: swimming pool is more enjoyable at night because of its warm water.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sheli_cious
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Absolutely fantastic place to stay, just 15 minutes away from all the action! My fiance' and I enjoyed every aspect of the room and hotel and we were completely impressed with the great room they gave us! The food is fantastic, the staff is extremely friendly and polite and the room is a great value for the price! We couldn't say enough great things about the wonderful experience at this place and can't wait to be back here again next year! Thank you so much for making our stay an incredible experience!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trojanite
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We only stayed at Tanawin for a few days but we had an amazing time. The resort has no lift
So for somebody who finds it hard to climb up the stairs specially if your room is on the top floor then you might think twice. However having said that once you get up you will be rewarded with a most spectacular view whatever time of the day. We booked for a two bedroom apartment but we were upgraded to a three bedroom which was soooo.... Amazing! It has a wide balcony with two sets of furniture to seat around on both sides. There was also a jacuzzi right there on the balcony. The apartment itself is well equipped it truly is home from home. To get to town and the white sand beach, there is an hourly shuttle that takes you there and back. Breakfast by the poolside is also good and satisfying if not for the cat that hovers around begging for food from one person to another.

Room Tip: Our three bedroom apartment on the top floor was really good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lovenorfolk102
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My friends and I stayed there last week and everything about this hotel is AWESOME!! The hotel staff took care of us from the day that we arrived! The pool view suite was so amazing! The furnitures and kitchenette are modern and well maintained.The view from that suite is breath taking. The hourly free shuttle going to the D Mall was so convinient. They serve foods in the bar and breakfast generously, I cant even finish my breakfast. The staff in the bar are the most welcoming and helpful. I so love this place, we will surely go back here on our next visit to Boracay :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Krysstal C
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Well worth the money spent. Stunning ocean view . Excellent customer service. 5 star accommodation. Just a few minutes ride to the main beach. Transportation is convenient . Continental breakfast served large portion of popular tropical fruits by the pool . A vacation i will never forget. I will definitely bring my husband to Tanawin when i come back to the Phil. Thanks so much to all the staff in Tanawin. You guys rock. You made my vacation with my family in Boracay memorable. Love you guys. !!!

• Stayed: March 2014