“very nice staff, good prices”

The Q Lodge Boracay
Ranked #149 of 224 Boracay B&B and Inns
Milan, Italy
“very nice staff, good prices”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The staff is very kind and very helpful in all our needs.
The rooms are OK, clean and not small. The breakfast is good and very cheap, only hotel location is not so good, but still at 5 min walking from beach/nightlife.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Giusparta

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Iowa City
Reviewed 1 February 2014

There are some bad reviews about The Q Lodge so I thought I would post my thoughts here because my experience was very positive.

The main complaints seem to be about (1) location and (2) the staff. I found both to be fine - I think the complaints are way off base here.

I stayed here for three nights with my backpacking buddy from the U.S. in late Jan 2014 and we couldn't be happier with our stay.

The Location:

The Q Lodge is about a 5 minute walk to the main street bordering D-Mall where you can buy groceries, and about an 8 minute walk to the beach. If these walking distances are too much for you, maybe you should get yourself a motorized scooter.

Plus, the street you walk along to get to D-Mall or the beach is a "local" street away from tourist drag - it is quieter and has a much more authentic feel to it. There is a local restaurant 25 meters from Q Lodge called "Foods" where all the locals eat - its great cheap food.

Finally, the distance from the main drag makes it much quieter, both during the day and at night when you want to get some rest.

The Staff:

Friendly. Always smiling. Always willing to help. Made me a late breakfast because I had a dive one morning. Sat with me for an hour to figure out what to do when public ferries were cancelled due to a Typhoon warning. Always responsive and there if I needed them. So I'm not sure where the complaints are coming from.

The rooms:

Pretty basic but all you need if you're a budget traveler - comfortable bed, clean sheets, strong air conditioner, clean bathroom. Slept really well each night.

The wifi:

Worked great

The price:

Much cheaper than all the places right next to the beach and D-mall. You'll save at least $15-$20/night by staying here.

The breakfast:

Pretty good, not great. Every morning was slice of ham, hot dog, one egg, two pieces of bread with butter and jam, slice of mango, and slice of other fruit. Really nice every morning to have them knock on your door with breakfast delivered - then you come out on the pleasant path and eat your breakfast in the sun. It was really nice way to start each day, especially if you'd had a few too many San Miguels the night before

The Dog:

The Q Lodge has a dog named Spike - he is GREAT! Really friendly and always up for a good pet - I love a guesthouse with a friendly dog.

The atmosphere:

You won't "meet" as many people here as you would if you stayed at a hostel, but we probably could have if we tried harder. There were a lot of young (20-35) people staying here so it would have just been a matter of saying hello. There were quite a few kite surfers here for "longer" stays (probably 1-3 weeks) but also a mix of other young backpackers.

Summary: If I ever come back to Boracay, I'll be staying at the Q-Lodge. This is a great place to come if you are traveling with one or two other people.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Buhjet-backpacker
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I must agree with the other reviewers that the staff here is just plain careless. We booked Q Lodge as it advertised hot showers and free in-room wifi, but when we checked in we were told the internet had been shut off. (Water does not get hot either). The next day, however, we overheard the staff (the SAME lady who checked us in) giving another guest the wifi access info! When we asked her if we too could get the password, she told us it would cost an extra daily fee, instead of free of charge as was advertised.

On another note, we also had an issue with the plumbing in our room. The toilet would not flush when we returned from the beach on our first night, even though we had not put anything down it. A man was sent to our room with a plunger and 20 minutes later all we had was a flooded bathroom and the issue still unresolved. We were told it would just have to stay like that until the next day. Seriously?! A working toilet is about the bare necessity of any hotel room, and we were expected to go without like it was no big deal.

Customer service is EXTREMELY lacking and your money would be better spent elsewhere and would get you a better location.

Stayed January 2014
4 Thank Rachel R

Travellers are raving about these Boracay hotels

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Stayed at q lodge with a group of friends. The rooms were a good size, clean enough and had powerful AC. Nice outside area outside the rooms where we sat in the evenings, also where the decent complimentary breakfast was served.

If you want to sleep cheap in Boracay this is a great place! 10 minutes walk to white beach and bulabog beach. It's not a resort but a simple place to stay!

Felt safe due to high gate and a dog.

• Stayed October 2012
Iloilo City, Philippines
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Q Lodge gave me an affordable yet comfortable stay while I am in Boracay and was treated fairly by its friendly staff. I stayed there twice already in 2011 and this year, 2012 yet never failed to meet my expectation. If you are on a tight budget and wants to stay in an affordable yet comfortable accommodation, this place is highly recommended. Not bad as regular lodge for budget or cost saving traveler like me. Nice comfortable queen size bed, large spacious room and cool veranda or porch. The breakfast is ok where you can tell the staff what do you want for breakfast (e.g. hotdog, sausage, meat loaf etc.) aside from sunny side up, rice and coffee.
The only thumbs down is its location to the white beach or back beach. You need to walk at least 5 minutes to reach them but it is located near the D'Mall premier shopping district in the island. Over-all it is quite an interesting and enjoyable stay for me in this lodge based on my own preference and choice. Love it... hopefully would like to go back there and also experience other accommodation while enjoying my time in the paradise island.

Room Tip: If you are new to the island, ask the staff to pick you up at the port so they can bring you to thei...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Corcoran_Travel
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Had a fantastic stay at the Q Lodge over Christmas holidays. Friendly and helpful staff, choice of breakfast and what time you want it delivered to your door each morning. Not beach front but a pleasant walk to the busy beach are by station 2 on Boracay Island. For what we paid was definitely above expectations. Highly recommended if you are traveling to Boracay. The staff arranged to have us picked up early, boat and transport to the airport to make our flight on our last day, great as there are many things to consider and pay for getting from the island to the mainland.

Room Tip: All rooms were private
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rosemary L
Manila
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Q Lodge is far from any beach, markets, restaurants and nightlife. The muddy alley from the hotel is about 10minutes walk to the main road leading to D'mall and the beach. To avoid wasting time for trips back and fort to the hotel, when we leabe in the morning we have money and all stuff we need for the day in a bag which we have to safe keep when we are swimming in the beach so it's totally crazy. The room is ok in size, no hot shower as opposed to their adverstisement. The free breakfast was egg omellete, 2 pcs of toasted bread and a banana everyday when we were there. Brown-out occured everyday and no generator so it's too hot inside the room. My daughter and i decided to move to a better hotel in station 2 with same room rate so we can do a lot more and enjoy our vacation. What's dissapointing with Q Lodge was that they charged me for 10% cancellation fee for the 5 days i reserved online when we checked out on the 3rd day. Accordingly, this is because our room was blocked off for 5 days from the internet booking which is ridiculous because when we arrived, only 3 rooms were occupied and this was March 18, 2010 supposedly peak season and when we checked out, only 1 room left occupied. I was ok paying cancellation fee for the 2 days i'm letting go but they charged me for full 5 days. I tried to reason out but the staff wouldn't budge. In fairness, Q lodge is good for those who don't mind walking and prefers to be away from the crowd noise. but still, there are better hotels of same rate with full amenities right in centre of stations 1,2 and 3 where the action is.

Stayed March 2010, travelled with family