“The total package for the smart traveler”

White Beach de Boracay
Ranked #28 of 224 Boracay B&B and Inns
Luzon, Philippines
“The total package for the smart traveler”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My husband and I were actually staying at White Beach de Boracay (WBDB) for the 2nd time. He was persistent that we stay here again since we were after the total package – the best accommodation that won’t hurt our pockets that much.

For this 2nd stay, we brought 3 family members who were all Boracay first-timers.We booked their two beach view rooms and it was the best decision we made for this trip.

The first clincher is WBDB’s perfect location at Station 1 – fine white sand, easily accessible, nice vibe and a safe & secure area.

It is convenient to stay here since their strategic location allows quick & easy access to all points of interest -- the beach, good eating joints, souvenir shops, grocery and the Catholic church.

The beach is literally right in front of you and the alley leading to the main road is short but wide, well-paved and well-lit at night time.

Safety is a must and we like the fact that they and the nearby hotels (Astoria and Gran Prix) have security guards. I also noticed a police outpost about 10 meters away and the police’s service vehicle which is usually parked at the alley.

The second clincher is WBDB’s design of their rooms. The private terrace with ceiling-to-floor sliding glass is our perennial favorite. You can choose to relax in the comfort of your room but still feel the vibe of the beach. You can even opt to lie down in your bed but still have a view of the sky and the coconut trees.

We find this place comfortable as the beds are big and the headboards are cushioned. Water pressure is strong, the air-conditioning is good and TV has cable access.

The last clincher is WBDB’s staff. We are very pleased with how they accommodated our needs. They were punctual in answering emails and text messages during reservation.We asked for hot water from time to time for our coffee and cup noodles, and they were quick to provide.I also noticed that the staff moves quickly and they always keep the common areas spic and span.

WBDB is a home away from home and a real value for money.We’d love to come back again to Boracay and stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
13 Thank tukincat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Alberta
Reviewed 8 April 2013

stayed here in january for 2 nights for my boyfriend's birthday trip. perfect location. we didnt mind the noise because we were in the island midweek so the bars and establishments in station closed earlier than they would on weekends. room is clean and decent, the tv is old and still a boobtube but we didnt really watch tv much as we were outdoors most of the time. staff are nice and friendly. they have a security guard at night. would come back and stay here again.

Room Tip: when booking, choose the room on the right side if you are a couple (actually the room is good for 3...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
11 Thank bellafilipina
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here on Feb 2013. I don't remember how many times I've been in Boracay, but this time, I chose this hotel because it's beachfront, Station 1 (almost Station 2), affordable rates, and good reviews in Trip Advisor.
My expectations were met and was happy i chose this hotel. We booked 2 rooms on the top floor (3rd). Even if it was on the 3rd floor, we didn't mind because we had the balcony for ourselves and we can view the beach anytime. We also had a good view of the firedancers performing every 9pm on the shores in front of us.
The room itself is average, good bed and AC was working well. We needed that due to the very hot summer temp in the afternoon. The bathroom was ok, the shower had hot and cold temp. We also asked for extra pillows and they gave it to us with no extra charge.
The staff were nice and always cleaned our room. There was also a security guy during the night shift who looks after our safety.
The location for me was very good since Station 1 shores are near and we swim there all the time. We can also just walk to Station 2 to buy something to eat or drink.
Overall, i enjoyed my stay there and I might be booking this same hotel the next time.

• Stayed February 2013
10 Thank Charmedtraveller
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I have been booking this hotel for many years now, 6 in a row in fact. The staff are honest, polite, listen to your needs and are simply beautiful. A smile and a good morning is all you need sometimes and there's plenty here. I usually take the top floor so I can have the whole balcony to myself to admire the sunrise and sunset. Watch the people walk on the beach, enjoy the beautiful breeze while I sip a coffee the staff so kindly fetch for me at "Real Coffee" (another gem). The rooms are minimalist and have elements of natural light, good for 2 people who want great location and absolute beach front. This is a hotel for you to sleep, rest, shower and recover. It is not a plush hotel but it's dot a dump either. yes there are lots there that are beach front but because I have known the ladies for many years they became kind of part of my extended family. Price is reasonable, you can bargain if staying for longer. They can wash your clothes if they are not too precious, just give them a small tip - directly to the person you requested of course. You can ask the staff to buy your brekky if youre still sleepy or simply just want to relax, for a small tip you get to enjoy the beach even more and youre food is served to you with a smile. It doesnt get better than this. They also change your sheets everyday and clean your room because you will be bringing in that fine Boracay sand. Now for the downside, it can get really noisy until 11:59pm, the restaurants are downstairs but thankfully for the police - they stop at a good hour. It doesnt bother me because its quite a spectacle washing fire dancers and the music makes me feel happy and wanna dance. I recommend this place for budget driven visitors, other places in station 2 or 3 are dark and not beachfront.

Room Tip: Room 302 upstairs for 2 people, and 301 for a family. It's basic remember, they have a fridge f...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank GreenerAnt
Pasig,
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We're here Oct 2009(sorry for the date shown below) and as far as I can remember, place is at Station 1 and it's fine with us. I just pay for the room accommodation, no island hopping included nor breakfast and pick up and drop to port.For the room, yes it's big but i don't like their CR. There's no hot and cold shower and you can't really close it's door. Looks like ceiling has just been painted from it's smell. There's a small terrace for our morning coffee but since resort is not in the beach front, it's like you're just at home. Their really market here is the night life which is very good and the island hopping which includes the crystal cave and the much awaited buffet lunch in one of the island. Overall, I didn't enjoyed much my first Bora experienced since it's literally raining on almost the whole duration of our stay. Given the chance to go back, I'll say pick the beach front resort which are so many and those gave almost whole package for your group.

Room Tip: Sorry there's no swimming pool. I can't delete my remark anymore
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Janette R
Manila
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Their rooms are accessible to a lot of food establishment that you surely enjoy anywhere like Yellow Cab and Gerry's Grill at Station 1. Try also the Chorizo Burger near their place. The staff and owner are acommodating especially their boss Darell. He could probably guide you to the some of the best place to party. The Firedance show is just below their place from 7 to 11 pm but not exactly sure. Do not expect much from their place but it is clean and secured, you don't need to stay much in your room to enjoy Boracay. Go out and enjoy!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank NOYPIhongkong
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I found the WBDB to be very average in every way. The rooms were simply appointed. The fridge was not very cold, the shower has super lo-flow. The toilet sometimes flushed and sometimes it didn't. The location is noisy, but on the beach. The smell of pizza from Yellow Cab pizza below is nice (almost too tempting).

The hotel is priced where it should be, but it is no bargain. Average price for an average room.

The staff is friendly and willing to help. However, they seems to want to clean our room the very second we arrived back at the hotel after a day of lazing on the beach. Why they could not get around to cleaning it during the hours we were out is beyond me.

But they are friendly, so there is that.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends