“smart choice”

Ranked #30 of 221 Boracay B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“smart choice”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

They are in a very good spot, Station 1. From the port, just get a tricycle and get off at Station 1, there is an alley at the side of Astoria that will get you to the beachfront. The alley even has a Potato Corner kiosk. :) Once at the beachfront, turn left, look for Yellow Cab and on top of which are the rooms. A standard room for two will only cost you P1500/night during off peak, and this is already beachfront !

An alternative when you ran out of beach view rooms is their garden view rooms. A little walk and just behind Gerry's Grill and Starbucks are more rooms, At 1,000/room/night, this is a steal! It is a very short walk, probably 50 meters and your beachfront is out there for you!

We booked for 2 nights and we were happy with the accommodations. We arrived at the island at around 730am and went straight to their reception and they allowed us to check in immediately. The downside though was the available room at that hour was room 102, while the room is large and has 1 double bed and 1 siingle bed, the aircon was not working properly. They gave us a fan to use. There was just two of us us and the space is really big, but allowing us to check in early made it up for the aircon inconvenience. The next night, we moved to room 201 where the a/c was properly working. This is a much smaller room with just one double bed, but that that should be enough space for us. Tiny bathroom, but bearable because it was clean.

It was very convenient at its price and we were satisfied with it. Good location. Nice staff and caretakers.

No room service though, but you wont need this. Do stretch your butt and walk a bit, you have all the convenience at the beach path. Housekeeping at the garden view room is just a text away if needed.

Room Tip: The AC in room 102 of garden view is not working, but you can manage with a fan that they will provi...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank chachalikestotravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 11 August 2013

my gf and I stayed for 3days and 2 nights from july 31-aug 2. the room was readily clean. no need to bring towels as they're readily available upon check-in. 1 queen bed is more than enough for us but hey, the room comes with a sofa bed too (3rd flr). though I was expecting the room downstairs which was the one I saw in IG. but overall it was a good stay. its nice to see the beautiful beach of boracay first thing in the morning. pull the curtain, sip a cup of coffee in the veranda. Wi-Fi is good too, upload and update real time experience without lag. hot and cold shower is really something I looked forward too and good thing they have it. So wrap things up,if you're looking for a hotel that wouldn't hurt your pocket kind of way to relax in the Island of Boracay in front beach, here is a highly recommended one. trust me you get you money's worth. I will definitely book my next stay in WBDB

• Stayed August 2013
9 Thank richkid_ram
Manila
Reviewed 24 June 2013

White Beach de Boracay is located in Boat Station 1, on the part where some of the night parties are held. We managed to book for 2 nights via agoda with 50%. The room was at the 2nd floor of the Yellow Cab Pizza. The room had a balcony with the beachfront view. If you are a light sleeper, don't book this hotel because it's very noisy outside the room -- there's a live band just outside the hotel and music is very loud until midnight. The lock on the glass door to the balcony, we've noticed, were not working so we were so cautious in leaving our valuables inside the room whenever we left the room. The room had A/C, H/C shower, minibar and comfy bed. The room was clean and didn't come with toiletries & breakfast but it was ok since we got the room very cheap. The remote control for the TV wasn't working. Staff was really nice and accommodating.

We would definitely book this hotel again if there would be good rate again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
11 Thank G00gle_girl
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My husband and I were actually staying at White Beach de Boracay (WBDB) for the 2nd time. He was persistent that we stay here again since we were after the total package – the best accommodation that won’t hurt our pockets that much.

For this 2nd stay, we brought 3 family members who were all Boracay first-timers.We booked their two beach view rooms and it was the best decision we made for this trip.

The first clincher is WBDB’s perfect location at Station 1 – fine white sand, easily accessible, nice vibe and a safe & secure area.

It is convenient to stay here since their strategic location allows quick & easy access to all points of interest -- the beach, good eating joints, souvenir shops, grocery and the Catholic church.

The beach is literally right in front of you and the alley leading to the main road is short but wide, well-paved and well-lit at night time.

Safety is a must and we like the fact that they and the nearby hotels (Astoria and Gran Prix) have security guards. I also noticed a police outpost about 10 meters away and the police’s service vehicle which is usually parked at the alley.

The second clincher is WBDB’s design of their rooms. The private terrace with ceiling-to-floor sliding glass is our perennial favorite. You can choose to relax in the comfort of your room but still feel the vibe of the beach. You can even opt to lie down in your bed but still have a view of the sky and the coconut trees.

We find this place comfortable as the beds are big and the headboards are cushioned. Water pressure is strong, the air-conditioning is good and TV has cable access.

The last clincher is WBDB’s staff. We are very pleased with how they accommodated our needs. They were punctual in answering emails and text messages during reservation.We asked for hot water from time to time for our coffee and cup noodles, and they were quick to provide.I also noticed that the staff moves quickly and they always keep the common areas spic and span.

WBDB is a home away from home and a real value for money.We’d love to come back again to Boracay and stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
13 Thank tukincat
Alberta
Reviewed 8 April 2013

stayed here in january for 2 nights for my boyfriend's birthday trip. perfect location. we didnt mind the noise because we were in the island midweek so the bars and establishments in station closed earlier than they would on weekends. room is clean and decent, the tv is old and still a boobtube but we didnt really watch tv much as we were outdoors most of the time. staff are nice and friendly. they have a security guard at night. would come back and stay here again.

Room Tip: when booking, choose the room on the right side if you are a couple (actually the room is good for 3...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
11 Thank bellafilipina
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here on Feb 2013. I don't remember how many times I've been in Boracay, but this time, I chose this hotel because it's beachfront, Station 1 (almost Station 2), affordable rates, and good reviews in Trip Advisor.
My expectations were met and was happy i chose this hotel. We booked 2 rooms on the top floor (3rd). Even if it was on the 3rd floor, we didn't mind because we had the balcony for ourselves and we can view the beach anytime. We also had a good view of the firedancers performing every 9pm on the shores in front of us.
The room itself is average, good bed and AC was working well. We needed that due to the very hot summer temp in the afternoon. The bathroom was ok, the shower had hot and cold temp. We also asked for extra pillows and they gave it to us with no extra charge.
The staff were nice and always cleaned our room. There was also a security guy during the night shift who looks after our safety.
The location for me was very good since Station 1 shores are near and we swim there all the time. We can also just walk to Station 2 to buy something to eat or drink.
Overall, i enjoyed my stay there and I might be booking this same hotel the next time.

• Stayed February 2013
10 Thank Charmedtraveller
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I have been booking this hotel for many years now, 6 in a row in fact. The staff are honest, polite, listen to your needs and are simply beautiful. A smile and a good morning is all you need sometimes and there's plenty here. I usually take the top floor so I can have the whole balcony to myself to admire the sunrise and sunset. Watch the people walk on the beach, enjoy the beautiful breeze while I sip a coffee the staff so kindly fetch for me at "Real Coffee" (another gem). The rooms are minimalist and have elements of natural light, good for 2 people who want great location and absolute beach front. This is a hotel for you to sleep, rest, shower and recover. It is not a plush hotel but it's dot a dump either. yes there are lots there that are beach front but because I have known the ladies for many years they became kind of part of my extended family. Price is reasonable, you can bargain if staying for longer. They can wash your clothes if they are not too precious, just give them a small tip - directly to the person you requested of course. You can ask the staff to buy your brekky if youre still sleepy or simply just want to relax, for a small tip you get to enjoy the beach even more and youre food is served to you with a smile. It doesnt get better than this. They also change your sheets everyday and clean your room because you will be bringing in that fine Boracay sand. Now for the downside, it can get really noisy until 11:59pm, the restaurants are downstairs but thankfully for the police - they stop at a good hour. It doesnt bother me because its quite a spectacle washing fire dancers and the music makes me feel happy and wanna dance. I recommend this place for budget driven visitors, other places in station 2 or 3 are dark and not beachfront.

Room Tip: Room 302 upstairs for 2 people, and 301 for a family. It's basic remember, they have a fridge f...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family