“Good, clean hotel but not among the best” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Astoria Boracay

Astoria Boracay
Ranked #23 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
Manila, Philippines
“Good, clean hotel but not among the best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

Stayed in Astoria for 3 days with friends last September 2012. The place is really clean and the staff are quick to reply to your needs. The location though isn't great; they say that they're in Station 1 but it feels closer to Station 2 where it's a bit crowded and the beach front isn't great. If you're looking for a quiet place to stay I'd suggest another place. But if you want to be closer to the action then Astoria would be good enough.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Meycauayan, Bulacan, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

It was my first time in Boracay with bestfriend and we have had a great time. Activities were fun but what makes it better is starting it with buffet breakfast :) There were variety of food to choose from and really yummy. And at the end of each day, though tired, we were comfortably relaxing in our room :) I love their room :) I enjoyed their swimming pool :) All in all experience in Astoria is EXCELLENT from delicious food, accommodating staff, amenities, service and all. I wish I can still go back :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

The beauty of Astoria Boracay's design is very relaxing. It's elegant and very cozy. Guest population is ideal, not very crowded. They have nightly bands playing so that's interesting. Internet access is superb and free (yeah, even inside the room! So that's perfect!). Service of the staff is not as good as I was expecting but the hotel manager is great. This property is also very well located. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

There is nothing else you'll look for when in Astoria Boracay...
Some disturbing incident made us miss our dinner reservations and I was fuming mad but alas - F&B Manager for Astoria - Ed Cordova came to the rescue and made a way for us to have our desired by the sea dinner with succulent fresh seafood grilled to perfection. With the excellent service by the staff - even the dinner roll was extraordinarily delicious...
The fire dance performance was special too...
Ed even graced us by our table to see how we were before getting lost in the endless sea of people and concerns he still had to attend to... Next time I go to Boracay... It'll be Astoria Boracay for me - even my daughters aged 2 and 4 will surely have a blast. When you chance to drop by anytime soon - look for Ed Cordova and he'll take care of you!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank ton2aguilardelirious
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

The Astoria was definitely a nice place to stay in Boracay. The resort was very clean with a cool modern design. Our room was nice and large as well. I thought the location was good too. It was within walking distance of most things like shopping. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bathrooms could've used more towels and toilet paper. There was also constant construction going on while we were there. We had a room on the second floor so it wasn't as noticeable as it would've been had we stayed on the first floor.

The food in the restaurant was okay, not great. I thought it was overpriced compared to the many other places to eat in the area. We had a great waiter for breakfast. However, for dinner the wait staff was very, very slow. I'd recommend eating elsewhere at least for dinner.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Astoria.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SantaM0nicaTraveler
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I was planning my first trip to Boracay and was totally confused as to where to stay. Some suggested Station 1 (S1) and some Station 2 (S2). Some said S1 has the best beach sand and others said S1 is too boaring. Some said S2 is very busy and can get conjusted.
Finally, after reading several reviews, I decided to stay at Astoria with my family. We booked three rooms for 5 nights.
This was one of the best decisions I ever made with regards to my travel.
From the time we landed Caticlan airport, Astoria's manager - Mr. ROBBY MIJARES was in touch with me. I felt so good when I received his call. He guided me at every step till we reached Asotria. Other staff namely - Mr. DWANE SOMBERO and Ms. SHAREE MAY YSULAT were extremely friendly. They made our stay extraordinarily comfortable. It felt like home, away from home. They were always available to help, with a smile, regardless of the time of day.
Astoria is located at the perfect spot - between S1 and S2.
We couldnt have chosen a better place. During our 6 days stay, we roamed around entire beach and realized we chose the best hotel :)
Everytime I go back to Boracay, I am staying at Astoria.
Highly recommendable.

Munish Mahajan

Room Tip: We had a room on ground floor (next to pool) and 2 rooms on first floor. All were extremely nice, sp...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MUNISH M
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

I must start by saying the staff was so nice and helpful and they made our trip, having said that... the hotel has some maintenance problems. After many planes, ferries, taxis and tuk tuks, we arrived at the hotel and were met by a cool drink and a smiling staff. My party consisted of my friend and I and her three children and we were booked into a deluxe room. As we were a large group they gave us a nice big room upstairs but besides the small glass door there were no windows so it was like being in a bunker so we asked to move and they gave us another room downstairs closer to the pool but it did not have the convenient kitchenette that we had the first night (they had kindly upgraded us to "luxury"), so the next day they moved us to another room which was bigger and had the kitchenette. Unfortunately, we realized the next morning that the rooms ceiling was leaking, the floor flooded and the kids were sliding all over the place, so we were moved again to another big room by the pool which seemed fine until in early in the morning when we were woken up by the sound of loud rodents fighting (or something else) in the walls. Not pleasant but it was the last day of our holiday so that was the last room to try out. The rooms have everything you need and the pool is nice. I suspect that if you go for a suite you might get an ocean view but all the rooms we stayed in were dark and not very private as the only light you get is from the front door into the room and near the pool everyone walks by and looks in. I only had breakfast once and it was a nice buffet spread. If the maintenance problems weren’t there it would have been fine but I suspect there are better choices on the island. The WiFi was tricky as it seemed only one computer per room would work. The location is nice and quiet at the end of station one. There are time share sales people that try to sell the resort to you while on the beach... gets a bit annoying. If it wasn’t for the kind and accommodating hotel staff, we may have moved hotels.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family