“Budget beachfront”

Ranked #130 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Hong Kong, China
“Budget beachfront”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

I impulsively extended my stay in Boracay and found good, affordable accommodation at Orinda. I really liked how this hotel is a proper beachfront hotel - I could just quickly pop back to my room if I needed anything and be back on my sun lounge within a minute. The rooms are what you'd from a budget hotel - very basic, no frills furnishings, with working hot water and air-con. The filipino breakfast was rather forgettable - I'd skip it and head down to Wahine next door instead. Diniwid Beach is a nice change from the hustle and bustle of White Beach - it is a lot smaller but also quieter with fewer touts approaching you to buy their goods. The only issue was getting back late at night, at least 20mins on a tricycle - it is safe but the roads are very dark and mostly unlit.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tishy_80

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Penang, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

At first this hotel appears to be far away from the action however it has a shuttle that runs a few times a day to d mall and trikes are 100 peso each way. We stayed 5 nights and our room was not cleaned, rubbish removed or floor swept. When u are staying by the beach it gets sandy quickly. The beach is amazing outside the door and u can get a massage. Eat next door the food isn't great and don't be tricked - breakfast is not included. Would stay at again based on low price and proximity to beach

• Stayed December 2012
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

My beau and I stayed at Orinda from Nov 26-29, 2012. Weather: Very Good. Sunny & Windy

BOOKING: Hassle-free; as we booked directly with Orinda.

SERVICE: Thumbs-up! We booked for a deluxe room with windows preferred (as I'm claustrophobic) but I was surprised to learn upon arrival that it was upgraded to a sunset room (beachview). Thanks very much! An "activities guide" helped us in coordinating helmet diving, parasailing, segway, etc. This helped us saved time.

STAFF: makes you feel at home, always wear a smile, very accommodating, fast and reliable. they even granted my request to microwave my popcorn. :)

ROOM: Generally, clean & tidy. Most importantly, no insects. There are areas for improvement though: 1. The aircon's cooling power is not enough for the room size. 2. The shower head needs to be replaced as it has a crack the water leaks upward

AMENITIES: Hot and Cold shower, Wi-fi, Restaurant (not 24 hours open though but this shouldn't be a problem as there are other restaurants inside the other resorts nearby.

SECURITY: Security Guard on duty (this is of great importance to me)

LOCATION: Diniwid Beach. If you want quiet, some privacy, yet simple and classy, this is the place to be.

SHUTTLE SERVICE: Free: to and fro (Resort-Boracay Port), (Resort-D'Mall) 5 times in a day

FOOD: Part of the accommodation is free breakfast (Filipino & American). Prices are reasonable. Servings are okay for me.

EXTRAS: A romantic nipa hut on the beach. That's a good place to have a massage or just simply relax...

We will definitely come back! To the staff of Orinda, you've done a great job guys! Keep it up!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank AnnDMD
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

Why would you pay a hundred something dollars or even two hundred something dollars for a view or seashell shaped soaps or chocolates on your pillows? I think people who would like a luxury hotel experience are better off checking in at Manila Pen or the Mandarin Oriental in Makati where they can get spa service and ignore the flour-like sands of Boracay :)

Filipinos have always been known for being hospitable and the staff of Orinda, does not disappoint. They even send extra pillows and towels for a very small fee (like all hotels. because it is a business.) People are always smiling, and that is something a person or tourists you take along with you would like to see in the morning. Especially people who are visiting the Philippines for the first time.

I love this place because it is quiet and it is situated in the more classier stations in Boracay. Good looking local girls (for you guys out there) and friendly people in general.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ChescaY
Manila, Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

I had a great experience when I visited Boracay with my friends thanks to Orinda! First, they have a shuttle that picks you up in the airport and goes around Boracay so no hassle in transportation. The hotel has very affordable price rates and the crew was friendly and gave us good+fast service while we relaxed in our comfortable rooms. The location of hotel is perfect too because it is only baby steps away from the beach. I recommend Orinda and we hope to visit and stay here again soon!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank KitPinili
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

I had a very relaxing vacation with my husband in Orinda. They have a free shuttle to and from the port. The fine beach sand was only steps away from our room. We had a queen size bed and a beach view from our window. The service crew were very accommodating. Their package fits with our budget and comes with free breakfast which was absolutely a treat. Although the resort is far from the hustle and bustle of station 2, we didn't mind walking along the beach and enjoy the privacy of the property. We will surely come back to Orinda.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the beach are the best! You can enjoy the sunrise just by looking out the window.