“Works for me”

Ranked #131 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Manila, Philippines
“Works for me”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Its my first time in Boracay (all this time) and I have heard so much about it. I booked Orinda not for the luxury but for the price. Of course it would be nice to have abit of luxury but I already imagined myself staying outside the hotel most of the time so I am just happy that the hotel did its job. A/C is great and works well- I mean in a hot and humid place it always nice to come back to a cool room. Beds are just right. TV works well. There is a kitchen but not much to brag about since it doesn't have a stove or utensils. There is a dinning table but ate out most of the time. Bathroom door looked like someone tried to smash it but it worked ok as long as I can close it. Abit of problem with the shower hose but managed. Got breakfast included in our deal. They provided towels, toilet paper and soaps (basic). Location wise it s far from the busy spot but its good excuse to do some exercise. Front beach is beautiful. Views are great (not from my room) but as soon as you get out to the beach. Its not talcum powder like sand (outside Orinda) but if you walk abit further you would get to experience it. I like to place. Boracay can be expensive but Orinda makes it affordable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Chris T

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Caloocan
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I bought a travel voucher from CashcashPinoy group buying site last year. I was booked in Orinda by Happy Travel, the main partner of CashCashPinoy. It took 7 months before Happy Travel was able to book me in this resort. I didn't get a paper confirmation of my reservation. Happy Travel just assured me that they have booked. I tried to call Orinda's hotline number several times as early as two months before my actual travel but I did not receive a single response!

I asked for an email confirmation of my reservation but I only received one vague response (out of my many follow-up emails) and when I asked for a more detailed response, I didn't hear back from them anymore.

The resort facilities are very basic and based from the leaking faucets, and rusty airconditioners, the maintenance needs to be improved.

The resort is located in the far end of Boracay. For those who want their place away from the noisy crowd of the white beach, this is a plus.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Boracay hotels

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I'm very satisfied i booked with Orinda Resort! It was a good decision and I made the most out of my Boracay trip. I wouldn't be able to get the proper relaxation if i had booked in the main Boracay stretch. Their beach front is impeccable and has an exclusive feel! Their staff are very courteous and responded promptly to our every need! Orinda is my only choice when i go back to Boracay!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
manila
Reviewed 11 March 2013

My experience with the Orinda resort was truly one of a kind. From the services to the facility, all i could say is it is a place of pure relaxation. Together with longtime friends, the whole experience became perfect. The place is located at a peaceful and secluded area with a very relaxing beachfront. I liked their location so much that i plan on going back to that same place. -Daniel

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Daniel C
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We are a group of 9 and wanted a place in Boracay that is beachfront and private. We checked Orinda out and they had what we wanted PLUS the rates were inexpensive! Orinda gave me and my friends a truly relaxing Boracay experience. The staff was very friendly and accomodating, Their tourguide gave us honest cheap rates for island activities, and Orinda offered a beachfront that was private. Shuttle services were very convenient and available when we wanted to go to areas like d*mall and d*talipapa. Overall, Orinda gave us what we wanted plus so much more. Hoping to be back in Boracay and Orinda soon! :)

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I had a super relaxing stay @ Orinda, quiet, exclussive and super CLEAN! Thats what counts. I can enjoy my me time during the day and then the party district is just 10min away.. What rlse can you ask for?!? I will definitely come back!

• Stayed March 2013
Iloilo City, Philippines
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Supposedly I was about to book in a different resort when a friend sent me an sms and said that Orinda is a good budget resort. Actually what I was looking for a resort that's kind of distant from the long beach of station1-3 cause I don't like crowded places and at the same time situated at the beachfront and alas! I ended up in Orinda.

The resort was good, when we arrived, there's no room available yet so me and my company decided to leave our stuff at the resort and go to D'mall to have a lunch then after that we went back. Breakfast was OKAY and same with the room also. What's good about this resort is that even though it's a little distant from where most restaurants/bars are, they have free shuttles from the resort to d'mall, vice versa :)

• Stayed February 2013