“Never coming back”

Boracay Breeze Resort
Ranked #46 of 227 Boracay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 January 2012

My friend and I had been staying at Two Seasons hotel for 2 nights but we wanted to extend our stay for another day. And due to financial constraints, we had to transfer to Boracay Breeze. It was a huge deviation from the opulence of Two Seasons. It was apparent that it was a really small, budget hotel. The staff at the reception desk was nice though. He gave us our key to room 303.

When we went inside the room, we thought it was just OK. Just enough space to go around and do your stuff. However, when we tried the beds, they weren't comfortable and they still had sand in them! And they smelled sooooooo bad. Come night time, we were freezing because the aircon was positioned so low that it was directly in front of us and the bed sheets were too thin to ward off the coldness. There wasn't even a way to close the vent or to move it away from us since it was broken. So we had to sleep with just the fan on. Good thing the air was cool because it was January. My friend had a hard time sleeping because of the bad smell of the bed sheets. She said they looked like they haven't been replaced with new ones because of the smell and the sand on them. Come check out time, we were complaining to the staff that there wasn't enough water coming to our room! Such a total disappointment. We had to call their attention to that and right after, the water pressure became stronger. And then after a few minutes, the water coming up wasn't enough again. And we had to complain a second time and then the water came back again.

Given our bad experiences with this hotel, I am certainly never coming back. For P2,200 for the room, I expected more. Probably the good things that save this hotel from total humiliation are the free wifi which had a good signal, it's close proximity to the white beach at Station 1 (which has the best sand in the island and is just a couple of minutes walk), and the nice staff. Apart from that, I can't say anything good about this hotel anymore. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Better spend your money somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank euridicee

Reviewed 30 November 2011

We stayed here for 1 night only since we couldn't extend for 1 more day with Willys and It was recommended to us, since its approximately only 2-4 minutes away from beach front we gave it a go... All rooms are standard only which means you'll get more or less the same as we got.

The good:
- room rate is very affordable!!! w/o breakfast during our stay is 1.3k only. (1.5k with breakfast for two)
- Location is great! from the boracay breeze you just need to get past through the main road, willys hotel then your at the beach front ( near willys rock, best place to swim)
- Staff is accommodating, fast if you'll need something.
- Wifi signal in our room is great! (stayed at room 303)
- Water pressure is not a problem
- Clean room, T&B
- Good TV
- Has built in closet
- Good aircon
- Fresh towels (looks/feels new)
- Noise pollution free

They can improve on:
- No refrigerator inside the room (considering the room rate Im not sure if you can get a room with ref) ***They were kind enough to let us use their ref (located near the lobby)
- welcome drinks is not good, and when we left it on the table (inside our room) very small ants feasted on it. =)
- Room 303 aircon is directly pointed to the bed hence you'll freeze (reason why we did not get a good sleep)
- bed sheets though clean is too thin! :(
- Bed mattress is not comfortable (another reason for bad sleep quality rating)

Considering the room rate, this is a good place to stay, however I have to give it an average rating due to sleep quality issue. I will recommend this resort and might consider staying with them again.

Thank you Boracay Breeze!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank pat_the_explorer
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I spend almost 2 months in this place and it was almost perfect!
I don't know where the other guest writing bad revies had been, for sure not in this place.
There are no wooden walls, but everything is concrete and they never lock you outside! (Sometimes I came back at 5 A.M.)
Never seen ants in my room. Of course there are some dogs like everywhere in Boracay, but they are absolutly not aggressive and run away when they see you.
Sometimes water pressure in the shower was insufficient, but that's a problem of the area.
Rooms are not very big, but you will find everything you need: tv, aircon and good wifi for free.
They change towels and linens every time they made your room, so, if you ask, even every day.
Just 3 minutes walk from the best part of White Beach.
Unforgettable staff! Everybody so nice and helpful. They made my stay just perfect!
All in all I really recommend this hotel, quite, safe, only 10 min walk from DMall, and so close to the best strip of W.Beach.
Boracay is a dream!

Room Tip: better rooms come with balcony, on the second flor
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank obina
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Nice place only for the more nice people. It is a small hotel but affordable, excellent hotel-level quality for a low price..Only 5 minutes walking distance from the beach. I find the room clean and comfortable. Had nice shower, enjoys small time to watch tv, had good sleep in cool air conditioned room, had free good breakfast. The staffs too are friendly . And one thing great is the free wifi... only that no swimming pool . I enjoyed my short time stay, and had no regrets. I enjoyed and love my Boracay vacay.(-:

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Rooms are super small. The pressure in the water (both shower and faucets) is very low. Hot water is impossible. Ants everywhere (closets, bed, wall, table, etc.) and a couple lizards on the walls. This place is a bad example of how wonderful Boracay is. I recommend spending a couple more bucks and staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lovestoplaytennis
Reviewed 22 February 2011

small hotel,, very very basic ,,, good thing that its 2 mins away from the beach ,, tricycle avaialble at the entrance ,, u will find some dogs !!!!! at the entrance, dont know why ?? ,, no lifts ,, need to carry ur bags up ,, the room very basic, bed is hard ,, no blanket , only a light bed cover so u will be freezing at night as the AC is strong and the room very small ,,, no real walls ,, only wood ,, so dont expect a privacy ,,, have something like a balcony wich looking to a next door home !!!! ,, the biggest surprise that the hotel closed the main door and lock it after 3 AM !!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank god am always in my room before that ,, i really donno if the guest was outside and went back after 3 am what will happened ,, any way u will use the hotel only to sleep,, who will go to boracay and spend the day at the hotel ,,,

one good point : free WIfi in the room

recommended : no way
overprice: yes for sure
will come again: not at all

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fayiz
Reviewed 7 November 2010

It is a small family run hotel with very welcoming atmosphere, great speedy service and incredibly friendly and helpful stuff. It is literally 1 minute walk to white sand beach. The rooms are a bit small, but clean, well maintained and air conditioned. The breakfast is included in the accommodation and is prepared and served by order ( not a buffet), which is an advantage in my opinion as you never miss it )) it is always hot and you can ask them to cook it the way you like it. Being a small place it really feels like home and very safe, I had to do some work online and was leaving my laptop in the lounge area (they dont have wifi in rooms) while going back and forth between room, beach for a swim and back to computer, no one ever touched my stuff. You can even arrange with employees to watch after your kids. It was really cute to watch as we got back into hotel we watched two front desk workers dancing in front of the little one so she would not cry.
Amazing people, amazing service, would love to come again!
PS if you are looking for swimming pool, entertainment and view, this is not the right place to go.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends