“bad service”

Ranked #46 of 219 Boracay B&B and Inns
Luzon, Philippines
“bad service”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

very bad service. if you're going to check their website you will see breakfast included already in the prices. but when we went there no breakfast was served. I booked 2 nights for a standard room. WiFi signal is not available in our room. i need to go out near the reception area or go up in 2nd floor to get WiFi connection. i would advise if you will check in here, get a room in 2nd floor for stronger WiFi signal. BTW, they have canteen but they are not serving lunch and dinner. argh! lastly, i paid the charges in full Through direct banking to lessen my stress, but when we checked out the receptionist told me i still have balance, i was surprised and told her that it was paid in full so she checked it again and found that it was paid already. tsk! I'm so disappointed with this hotel. for the room, its clean, h/c water is working, cable tv, good Ac.but for service? don't expect.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kimm027

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Hungarian first
Warrnambool
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We prebooked our first night in Boracay at this hotel and we were happy we didn't book any longer. Staff were quite friendly, it was a good distance to the beach and the breakfast included was nice. However the room was small and very hot, despite having the air con running. We ended up staying closer to a Station 2 where all of the restaurants were.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tarakate88
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We`ve just returned from a super 12 day stay in Boracay Breeze hotel. A budget 2* hotel, made 5* by the wonderful staff. Every member of staff worked so hard to make our stay really pleasant, nothing was too much trouble. rooms were fine, kept spotless with regular bed and towel changes, a good sized shower room with plenty of hot water, free air-con and free safety deposit boxes & sky TV. A small balcony, no views as such, mostly neighbouring roofs, but still nice to have one. Breakfasts were good, with a more than adequate selection. 24 hour reception, and a nice patio area out front to sit with coffee`s & drinks. Not far (2-3 minutes) to the wonderful white beach, but take care crossing the road, as the trikes fly up and down this road. If we returned to Boracay I would certainly stay in this hotel again. Great value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Olongapo, Philippines
Reviewed 25 February 2014

its my first time in Boracay stayed from feb. 10 to feb.16, 2014 and before booking for a hotel, i read reviews about cheap hotels in bOracay, and i found Boracay breeze. room is good enough for 2 person with small veranda and you can see the roof of other establishment, good thing about it, i can sundry my wet clothes. fil and american breakfast are good...parang nasa bahay lang...
so quiet at night room 202 at the 2nd floor and strong wifi access. we leave our room dirty with piles of clothes and sands on the floor , coming back you,ll be surprised that the room is clean and in order again with new sets of fresh towels, and bed beddings and sheets. very friendly staff, and they will teach you the easiest and cheapest way to enjoy your vacation on the island..this is very average, but what it attracts me more is the church infront of the hotel, 5 mins walk to the white beach, 24hr Papa's Convenience store, police station, Boracay kitchen, cocomangas, and jonahs fruit shake!!! wonderful experience and planning to be back soon!!!

Room Tip: choose a room on the 2nd and 3rd floor,more quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peter Tei Z
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 24 February 2014

If you're looking for luxury, this is not the place. It's a place to deposit your things, shower after a day in the ocean, and lay your head down at night, at best. There were rust stains of some sort on the curtains by the bed, the cabinets were lined with newspapers, and the bathroom mirror's wooden frame was rotting. We were put in room 101, and the a/c's temp controls were not accurate, and it was only on our second night that we finally figured to just put it on timer so we wouldn't freeze to death. The a/c was also positioned right above the bed, so it didn't matter where the vents were swinging (and we couldn't control it either,) they were all directed right at our faces. These are all signs of age, but we also appreciate that despite that, they made an effort to have spotless bed sheets, pillowcases, and blankets. The bathroom tiles were also devoid of any mold or mildew, and that was good enough for me.

The saving grace of this establishment is not its structure but its staff. They were all accommodating, courteous, and casually friendly -- really making me feel at home despite the conditions of the rooms. I have only one thing to comment on them: on our first morning there, the staff were probably prepping for the day, and seemed to have forgotten that they had guests right beside the kitchen. It woke and kept me and my roommate up. Other than that, they really were what made the stay much more tolerable... on top of the fact that it's in a prime location, right in front of the church, and a stone's throw away from the shore. Jonah's is right by its beachfront, and to its left and right are good places to eat. This is approximately my 15th visit to Boracay, and I guess this was value for money (and since it was for work, it was all paid for anyway.)

Room Tip: Second floor: you don't get the noises from the staff's morning prep, and the WiFi router is...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kaich
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I arrived at Boracay port 7:47pm. This is my first time to be in Boracay. My itenerary was just to stay in iloilo for Dinagyang. But the room girl in Fine Rock hotel in iloilo told me that Boracay is just a boat away so i decided to atleast experience it. This is just a 1 day trip to boracay so I'm not planning to stay in a hotel that promotes their amenities cause I won't have time to enjoy it anyways.

I typed the keyword cheap hotel in Boracay and voila, list of hotel pop up and one of the choices is Boracay Breeze Hotel. Sample pictures was ok so I told the tricycle driver to bring me to Boracay Breeze.

Since it's my first time I didn't know whats the difference between station 1, 2 and 3. Boracay Breeze is located at station 1. So I said ok.. I arrived at the port 7:47pm and made it to Boracay Breeze past 8pm.

Upon seeing the hotel. It's like an ancestral house and seemed to be a small one(front view) but its really big. Like rectangular shape so it just seems to be small if you're looking from the front view.

Value for money, Definitely!
It's 1500 for one day stay. I'm not yet satisfied so I roam around to check other hotels nearby but this seemed to be the most appealing.

Room was nice. You can check my photos. Its neat although restroom need some repairs.

They have free wifi although but i was not able to enjoy it since I have a data plan. They also have complimentary breakfast.

Service rating I gave 4 since none of them really seemed to be friendly. But just so-so.

Food was ok. Limited choices from the menu.

Location not too near and not too far. Which is what I prefer its like a 5minute walk to the beach front.

Overall rating: 4

Would I recommend it: Yes, they treated me just right as a customer although I hope they get to be more accomodating. Specially for new customers.

Cons: since station 1 is the technically at the very last station its the farthest coming from the port. Tricycle fee is 150. Going to Boracay Breeze Hotel.

The life of Boracay, if you're a party person is at station 2. But for peace and quiet then I would suggest staying in Boracay Breeze.

Note:
All hotels have a check out time of 12pm so plan your schedule wisely if you wanted to stay longer and make the most out of what you paid for. As for me I only get to stay for 13hrs and most of the time I'm actually spending it outside.

Advise: Staying in an expensive hotel is not really a practical choice specially if you're there to enjoy Boracay cause most of the time you stay outside and you only stay in your room to sleep. But if you have the budget then by all means... hehehehe

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank rOcKcHiQ_01
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

This is our first time to visit Boracay and we really enjoyed it. We stayed their for 3 days and 2 night (jan 15-17). It was a hassle-free vacation. We booked a room through myboracayguide and it was all worth it. The room is within our budget and it exceeded our expectations. It was clean, comfortable and has almost everything we need. They have housekeeping and they cleaned our room.. they also provide toiletries. Their staffs were friendly and accomodating. Breakfast is yummy too. The hotel is secured with guard personnel and cctv. It is located very near the white beach at the back of willy's resort (willy's rock). The hotel is very accessible. Overall, our experience was superb! We surely recommend this hotel to budget-travellers like us. Kudos

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple