“i will surely choose this hotel again”

Crown Regency Beach Resort Boracay
Ranked #95 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Quezon City, Philippines
“i will surely choose this hotel again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

it has all the been a great vacay for my family...this hotel have everything u need @beachfront literally! a few step from the beach, great buffet breakfast, clean rooms, quiet place it has 2 swim-pool and a jacuzzi... very recommendable!

• Stayed March 2014
CrownRegencyHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Regency Beach Resort Boracay, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear raetan92,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We are overjoyed to read that you and your family had a great vacation in Boracay, and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very pleased to know that we have met your expectations, and we hope that you will be traveling with us in the near future.

Kind regards,
the Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Baguio, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a presidential suite, room very nice and big, cant see the tv too far from the bed, good breakfast buffet, the only thing is the housekeeper threw our plane ticket good thing we had extra copy, front desk girl not really profesional!

Stayed March 2014
5 Thank Lizjas
Dear Lizjas,

We thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel here in on TripAdvisor. First of all, we would like to extend our deepest apologies for the disposal of your airplane ticket and the unprofessionalism of our front desk staff. Admittedly, there are situations wherein our service falls short of our guests' needs, and during these times, we do our best to manage to keep everyone happy. Rest assured we will be doubling our efforts and taking corrective actions to ensure these kinds of situations will no longer be happening again.

On the other hand, we are very delighted to know that you enjoyed our Presidential Suite and our breakfast buffet. Despite everything, we truly hope that you enjoyed your stay with us overall and that you left us feeling generally satisfied.

It would be our absolute pleasure to have you travel with us in the near future.

Best regards,
Quezon City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

My 2 kids and I enjoyed our stay in Crown Regency Beach Resort on Thanksgiving weekend of 2013. I wanted a nice hotel that has a pool and close to the beach so that my kids would have options. Although the location is right on boat station 3 and when we got there my kids did not want to swim on the beach where all boats were 'parked.' We had to walk quite a few meters to station 2 and 1 to experience the nicer part of the white beach. Their pool however was nice and not too deep that my kids enjoyed swimming in it everytime. It has a nice view of the beach when we were by the pool. The room was ok, quite a bit sandy but understandable since its a beachfront resort hotel. They still keep the rooms clean. Although the bathroom was not optimally clean and the sink faucet was loose which was kind of disappointing for a crown regency hotel. The breakfast buffet was ok, not superb but will do for meal option inclusions. The staff were all so very nice and accomodating, if i would come back it would be because of the very friendly staff.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank superkris
Dear superkris,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay at our hotel here on TripAdvisor. We are beyond delighted that you enjoyed our lovely pools and the even lovelier view. We apologize for not having met the standards you very rightly expect from a Crown Regency hotel with regards to the cleanliness of the bathroom and the sandy state of your hotel room. We have taken the liberty of informing our housekeeping staff about this, and rest assured that we will be doubling our efforts in keeping all of our guests' rooms clean and checking up on the facilities inside as well.

We are so very glad to read that you our staff accommodated to you appropriately, and we will be sure to inform them to boost their morale.

We sincerely hope to see you again soon in any of Crown Regency hotels, as it would be our great pleasure to have you with us once again.

Best regards,
Holland, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

On February 10, 2014 our party of 4 arrived at about 11:30. It took nearly an hour to check in and then were told the room would not be ready until 2pm. My niece had booked us a suite and was told there would be a bed and bath up and also bed and bath down. We left for lunch and returned about 2:15. We were finally taken to our suite, but it had two beds up right next to each other - you could only walk between them, not on the other sides as the area was that small. One in our party has knee problems and has trouble with steps, so that is why we reserved a room with one bed down. After several trips back to the reservation desk, they said they would have a 2 bedroom suite ready for us soon. We sat waiting, while we should have been out on the beach, and finally after many complaints they said they did not have any 2 bedroom suites and they would just give us a second regular 2 bed room. It was after 5 by this time. Also the first room really was not ready as none of the regular amenities were in the room. Also, there were only towels in the upstairs bathroom, not even a towel bar in the downstairs bath. Also no outlet in the upstairs bath so my husband would have to go downstairs to shave. We literally lost our whole first day of vacation. The internet service is terrible. I could only connect from 4 to 6 am. Our outside deck was next to the smoking area, so we could not enjoy it.
When we checked out on Wednesday morning at 5am we also had to wait 10 minutes while they checked our room, before being given a pass to give to the security person so we could leave. The boat trip to Caticlan was terrible. We had to walk a gang plank to a larger boat, walk around the side of that boat on a 12" wide board, then another gang plank into the Crown Regency boat.
When we arrived in Caticlan they beached the boat and we had to climb down a ladder and then walk a long way in the sand, over ropes tying up other boats, in the dark.
The hotel is a long walk to the beach and they do not have any beach area designated for their guests, so no chairs or umbrellas to use.

I must say that their oceanarium was excellent and the guide was quite knowledgable. Their wave pool was fun, but it was dangerous having surf boards in it while folks were swimming.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Joan W
Dear Joan W,

First of all, we would like to thank you for writing such a comprehensive review about our hotel. Secondly, we extend our deepest apologies that our shortcomings have prompted you to share your negative experience. Admittedly, there are times when our staff and our system do not meet the standards our guests rightfully expect from a Crown Regency hotel, especially during Peak Seasons, and for this, we sincerely apologize. We have informed the respective departments of these shortcomings, and rest assured that we will be doubling our efforts to continuously strive for excellent customer service.
We also apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused by our internet connectivity. It is an issue we are trying our very best to manage. We apologize as well for the experience you had with the boat trip to Caticlan, as it must have been low tide during that early hour of the morning, thus resulting to the inconvenient way of getting onto the Crown Regency boat as you mentioned.
We are delighted however, that you mention enjoying our Oceanarium and that our guide was helpful. As for the wave pool, we always try to find a balance between all the activities to ensure that everyone is fully enjoying, while at the same time always keeping in mind that the safety of our guests come first and foremost. However, your comments are very valuable to us, and we shall keep them in mind and raise them to higher management.
Once again, we thank you for leaving this valuable comment, as this is what we will be using in order to continuously improve our service.
We hope that your overall stay with us was not all that disappointing, and perhaps you might reconsider staying with us next time.

the Hotel Management

Travellers are raving about these Boracay hotels

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

One thing you see and hear is employees from door men to cleaning personal greeting you every where. The special touches like a chance to have your picture with a lion in the lobby is both fun, unique and scary. Kids may need to stay away. Aquarium and swimming with the fish as well as a surfing pool and water slides and convention center gives it a robust uniqueness.
Now the bad stuff. You almost need to have a GPS when you first get there and for some it is confusing to get to your room. Hot water in the shoer takes about 5 minutes to get hot and that is when sink and bathtub are going full blast on hot. Their wireless sucks. I had about 20 times over 4 days
I could not get on and the 6 power outages one night did not help either.
One morning I asked for a wake up call and never got one.
Went to great buffet breakfast but we had to ask their wait staff to set a table for us. There was a large convention there at the time but 9am a busier time then they planned for.
Location a two block walk to the beach is great and the street vendors are not very obnoxious.
Iy was January 2014 not high season. I expected more

Room Tip: Dont face the pool as it is very noisey during the day but quiet at night. It is open 8 am - 8 pm
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank twsplace
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

I am writing to inform you of our dissatisfaction with the accommodation and service given to us by Crown Regency Boracay.

My family and I stayed at Crown Regency Hotel, Boat Station 2, Main Road, Barangay Balabag, Boracay Island Malay, Aklan with my wife and two sons from December 27 to December 29, 2013.

We arrived at this hotel from Manila via Kalibo and Caticlan past 2:00 p.m. on Friday, December 27, 2013. Upon checking in at the front desk, we were told that our rooms are still being cleaned. It was almost 3:30 p.m. when we finally ushered in to our rooms. At first, everything in our rooms seems fine and everything seems to be working. We left our rooms to have dinner at around 4:00 p.m. It was approximately 6:00 p.m. when we arrived back in our rooms to rest after dinner and realized the air-conditioning systems in both our rooms were not functioning and the bathroom sink in the room where my wife and I stayed is clogged. I immediately called the front desk to let them know of these problems and I was told they will send the maintenance people right away. After waiting for half an hour and nobody showed up, I called again and was told that somebody should arrive in our rooms soon and not to worry. In the meantime, we opened our patio doors to let some air in while trying to get some rest. At this time, we wanted to leave our rooms to explore Boracay but at the same time want to make sure that the air-conditioning systems for both rooms are working when we come back to our rooms later that night. After waiting a couple of hours, I went to the Front Desk and asked to talk to the shift supervisor. I told the supervisor that we were waiting for two hours and nobody came to our rooms to fix the a/c and sink problems. He told me to wait and he will radio the maintenance people. After another 30 minutes, the a/c for both rooms was working again and the sink unclogged. I was told they needed to add Freon to the a/c to work.

It was already 8:30 p.m. when we finally able to leave our rooms to explore Boracay. When we came out of our rooms, the hallways going towards the hotel lobby were very dark (no lights whatsoever). We were literally taking baby steps to make sure we didn’t slip or fall since the hallways have steps and slopes. Unfortunately on the way back to our rooms, the hallways are still dark and one of my sons stumbled and hurt his leg.

It was the morning of December 28 when I was able to get a hold of the hotel shift supervisor and mentioned to her all the issues we have had with our rooms and most especially the hallways being so dark at night. She told me she is aware of the hallways being dark and she will try to get the lighting fix right away. But in the meantime, she asked if we can move to different rooms closer to the lobby, since a lot of guests checked out that day, to make sure we won’t encounter the same problem in case the hallways lighting are not fixed. At around 2:30 p.m. they were able to move us to different rooms.

As soon as my wife and I entered our room, I started to brush my teeth and found out the bathroom sink is clogged. It’s a good thing our room hallway has a sink and that’s where I continue brushing my teeth. I immediately reported this problem to the Front Desk. When we came back to our room that night after wandering around the island, the bathroom sink seemed fixed. The sink does not clog up anymore but this time the water is leaking from the pipe underneath the sink whenever you turn on the water. Frustrated, I gave up and just put the bathroom trashcan underneath the sink to catch the water leaks.

On December 29, our check out date, I went to the desk at 1:00 p.m. to check out (I have an approved late check-out) since we have scheduled a hotel van to take us to the Port at 1:30 p.m. Upon checking out, I was told by the desk clerk to have a sit as they need to inspect the rooms first before they can check us out. After sitting for about 10 minutes, I asked the clerk if they are done inspecting the rooms, she told me since my family are still in the rooms that they will not be able to inspect the rooms. I told her I wish somebody would have told me that since I’ve been waiting for 10 minutes already. I immediately called my wife and told them to vacate the rooms. I waited another 15 minutes and still the desk clerk told me they are not through with their inspection. This time I asked to talk to the supervisor and she volunteered to go to the rooms herself to check them out. After waiting in the lobby for another 10 minutes, I went up to the rooms and finally asked the supervisor what is taking them too long to check since the rooms have no mini-bars and the rooms are not that big. She told me they just want to make sure we didn’t leave any personal belongings in the rooms. It was 1:45 p.m. already (45 minutes) after I asked to check out and we finally were given a green light to depart. This is contrary to what the hotel is advertising on it's website on expedited checkout.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank DAN M
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Worst breakfast. Cornflakes / cereal left open in a big bowl looses its freshness and crispiness. Fruits are not fresh. Juice are made from concentrated powder. Worst, flies are all over!!
Will never go back. Lots of hotels way better and cheaper than this hotel.

Stayed December 2013