I stayed at Hotel Soffia for 3 nights and 4 days while traveling with my cousins, all of whom are young people. Overall, the hotel deserves 4/5 - a "very good" rating. What I liked the most about this hotel was the pool. Wake up, go for a swim, eat breakfast, then head off to the beach. It was also a nice place for refreshment at the end of the day.
Three Positive Things About this Hotel:
1. SERVICE - a van picked us up from the boat port and transported us to the hotel's front door. We received a shell necklace and refreshing juice drink upon arrival, which was very much appreciated after a long day's travel. The staff throughout the hotel were friendly and helpful. They even let us take the hotel pool towels to the beach (as long as we returned them, of course).
2. LOCATION - this could be a positive or a negative. If you're looking for a place that's near White Beach and all the "action," you won't like Hotel Soffia's location among the quieter area of the island. But if you're looking for a peaceful retreat at the end of the day, this place is perfect! It's situated on top of a hill, so it offers great views of the island. And getting to White Beach is easy with regular shuttle service that's free for guests.
3. BREAKFAST - a good selection of both Western and Filipino breakfast is available every morning for "order" (meaning, not buffet style).
One Negative Thing About this Hotel:
1. ROOMS - There isn't really much to criticize about this hotel, although if I had to list something, it would be the room size - it's quite small. We stayed in the standard room and there wasn't too much space to move around. However, considering you're going to be out enjoying the island throughout the day, this is hardly a problem. Most importantly, though, the rooms and bathroom were clean.
Overall, we received a comfortable stay at this hotel and were very satisfied with the hotel. I personally wouldn't mind staying here again, Although, as a young traveler, I'm more attracted to staying closer to the White Beach area. But for people looking for a quieter place to stay, Hotel Soffia is nice.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, ACCOR, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Soffia Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.