“Ok but can be better”

Henann Lagoon Resort
Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Resort offers close proximity to the action while affording privacy with peace if you want to have it. We got the room with pool access which I should say was a steal. We enjoyed the sun early in the morning at boracay regency's beachfront, which is their sister property. There is free shuttle service but it is also very close enough to walk. When the sun becomes too hot for us to handle, we move back to the resort and enjoy the wonderful pool. Staff are courteous. Special mention to housekeeping who are quick to act always on any requests. Areas for improvement are as follows: 1. Breakfast food could improve. They only served cheddar which is quite limiting. I didn't like the bread too. I should say I ate the best beef tapa. Can definitely be better. 2. Big flies landing on the buffet food. Perennial problem for open air dining. I saw candles but unsure if they were citronella because it didn't work. 3. Keen to detail: my friend and I shared the room. Since we both registered, they had both our names but the welcome fruit platter had a mr & ms (name) to it. 4.Keen to detail: toiletries set up were for one person only. We booked on twin so they should have set up for 2 persons.
Overall, good place to stay. And another memorable summer!

Room Tip: Get the room with pool access. Worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sarahjoie
Sheena A, Front Office Manager at Henann Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Sarahjoie

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your experience with us. We are very pleased to hear that you had a memorable stay with us. It is great to know that you enjoyed our pool and the ambience of the resort.

On the other note, your remarks regarding our areas for improvement are highly appreciated. We are pleased to inform you that your comments are already discussed with our F&B department. As for the toiletries set up inside the rooms, we have a standard complimentary dental kit and toiletries set up for 1 person only. However, should guests request for extra dental kit and toiletries, they can call our Housekeeping or Front Desk for another kit without charge.

We assure you that improvement will definitely happen. We are looking forward to serve you again for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights and 7 days and this is a great place to stay, very comfortable. I like the Pool Bar and I love the ambiance. The room are big and very clean, the staff are very accommodating and attentive. I will recommend this place to my friends and relatives.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Richardmar2014

Dear Richardmar2014,

Thank you for your very nice review and recommending Henann Lagoon Resort to your friends and relatives. We are delighted to hear that you love our resort and its ambience. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again for another memorable vacation with us.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Isn't this place called Regency Lagoon Resort?

Anyway, the reason why I chose this resort over the beachfront Regency Hotel was because my boyfriend and I are both fans of the ocean and pools. This seemed to strike a great balance for us--when we tired of swimming in the ocean and being in the midst of crowds, we would retreat back to the hotel and lounge around or in the pool, have a few drinks by the bar, etc. Looking at the photos, the property seemed amazing and we didn't hesitate booking our rooms months prior to the trip.

So we ended up booking a package, which was inclusive of hotel transfers and meals. The transfers were by far convenient, as we saw how the rest of Boracay's tourists had to wait in long lines to get through the ferry terminal at Caticlan. We were well taken care of from the time we flew in, boarded the bus and got on a private speedboat to the resort. That experience itself was luxurious and we felt we were treated like VIPs!

The property at first seemed cramped, especially since it doesn't have the beachfront facilities of other resorts (hence the lack of breathing space, as it had a feeling of being enclosed within walls), but we didn't mind this so much. The room was excellent and clean, and everything was spacious--the bed, the room itself, and the bathroom. Our balcony overlooked the large pool that we saw on the website. That was pretty awesome. The staff was always so attentive to our needs and was always very friendly.

I guess for me, the downside of staying at this hotel (I'm a little spoiled--I grew up in the tropics and am used to beachfront properties) was having to take a hotel shuttle or a relatively long walk to the beachfront. The hotel lobby is accessed through the main road, so getting to the beach involves having to pass through that main road, and a small street with no sidewalks, which can be a little hectic with all the tricycles and vehicles zipping around. But that's just me. All in all, it took around 10 minutes to walk from the hotel to the beach, which really isn't so bad!

The food was pretty average, but we took advantage of it anyway since it was part of the package deal (buffet breakfast and dinner). It did its job in satiating us, although on some nights we preferred to venture out to Stations 1 and 2 for more enjoyable and interesting cuisines.

All in all, our stay was great, although it could have been better. It's not top-notch compared to other Boracay resorts, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to others, especially if you enjoy having access to a huge pool!

Room Tip: Book in advance and avail of a package deal, since they usually throw in roundtrip transfers and mea...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nicole R

Dear Nicole R,

Thank you for taking your time to post a review of our resort. Yes, we were formerly called Regency Lagoon Resort. On April 1, 2014, we re-branded our name to Henann Lagoon Resort but still composed of the same staff that made your stay great. We are very happy to know that you were pleased with our transfers. We offer this service to our guests so they can have a more convenient and hassle-free transfers to and from the resort.

Your kind words about our staff will surely keep them more motivated and inspired to deliver exceptional customer service all the time. We are looking forward to welcome you back again for another unforgettable stay with us.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights recently and on the whole we were very happy with the stay however there were a few annoying niggles which if addressed could make this place exceptional.
All the staff were very pleasant, very attentive and helpful. I particularly thought the egg chef was very good at preparing peoples orders very quickly especially when he was confronted with many requests at once,
The breakfast buffet was a good mix of western and Filipino which changed every day. One thing which never changed however was the bacon. Sadly no care was taken into the preparation of this. Clearly a big pile of raw bacon is taken and tossed in a deep fat fryer. Everyday it is stuck together in a large mass, full of grease and overly crispy, almost impossible to eat...watch you don't crack a tooth!!
The room was very comfortable with an excellent bed. It was cleaned everyday to a very good standard however there are a few issues here too. The bath towels are rather small and if you are of larger size then you have know hope of securing the towel round yourself...the towels need to be bigger!! During the night for some reason the power always went off. This results in the aircon switching off and when the power comes back on the aircon stays on standby. I awoke every night in a pool of sweat and had to get up to switch it back on. I understand power cuts happen in the Philppines however the aircon units should be updated to ensure that when the power comes back on the aircon automatically switches back on. Another gripe about the room is there is no iron provided. I asked for an iron but was told the hotel only provides an ironing service, each shirt costs 55 pesos!! I had no choice but to do this and one shirt wasn't done particularly well....i think this is just an example of trying to squeeze a bit more money out of guests. Most hotels I have stayed in always have irons in the room. One last thing about the room was we didn't receive complimentary water one day. My wife contacted reception and they said they would send it but it never came. Later I called to ask for it but again it never came finally the next morning I went down to reception and requested a 3rd time for water to be sent and this time it came. This is a minor thing but its an accumulation of little things going wrong which can get very annoying.
Despite these little things I would stay here again in a heartbeat...It is close to the beach, has an excellent, clean pool and a good value happy hour every afternoon from 4pm.

Room Tip: if you want a room with a swim up balcony request a ground floor room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ketch1973
Sheena A, Front Office Manager at Henann Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear joo77,

Thank you very much for your positive review of Henann Lagoon Resort. It is very pleasing to read that you had a great 5-night stay in our resort. Our pool never fails to delight our guests and we are glad that you loved it too, most especially our pool bar. We also appreciate that you find our rooms clean and comfortable and that friendly staff surround our resort.

We want you to know that we value your constructive comment regarding our breakfast, which we have taken into consideration. We are thrilled to inform you that our breakfast buffet spread has already been upgraded and we hope it will be to your liking should you stay with us again on your next Boracay trip.

Again, thank you so much for your comments and for recommending our resort for a great Boracay holiday.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed in this resort from April 14 to 17th 2014, location is good, at the back of talipapa market, a 10 minute walk to the beach, they do provide transport service to and from the beach, and if you bring towels from the hotel you can use the beds in front of boracay regency. For me the main selling point of this hotel is the large lagoon shaped pools, i say pools because its not 1 continuous pool but 3 pools separated by the bridges. There are many Koreans in this resort, have no problems with most of them but did see several dip their flipflops in the pool to clean off the sand, such a nasty habit. Rooms are average, but being assigned to 4th floor rooms and being travelling with a senior citizen is not fun (there is an elevator but it would make it an even longer walk). But my main gripe is their buffet breakfast, I have stayed with their sister resort boracay regency, and the breakfast there was good. 1st day tried their breakfast, it was bad, 2nd day, 2nd chance tasted some of the dishes same same like leftovers, decided to eat at Mcdo. so much better, 3rd day did not even have breakfast at the resort. Asked their front desk people if i could upgrade and pay extra to have breakfast at the other resort, no not possible. since this is "trip advisor" my advise would be good to stay in this hotel but get you breakfast outside.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank inboxandy13
Sheena A, Public Relations Manager at Henann Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear inboxandy13

Thank you so much for taking time to review our resort. We are glad to know that you love our pool and the location of our resort even if it’s not a beachfront property. Yes, we have our shuttle service that will take our guests to our sister resort, Boracay Regency Beach Resort & Spa. Should our guests want to use the beachfront of Boracay Regency, there are beach attendants who can accommodate.

For your comments regarding Koreans dipping their flip flops in the pool, we have already instructed our pool attendants to keenly observe the surroundings to avoid such similar occurrence.

Regarding your room location, we blocked you on the 4th floor because upon checking, there were no available deluxe rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor when you arrived since we were fully booked at that time. However, we have two elevators that are strategically located in the resort so that these are easily accessible to all buildings.

Please accept our apologies if we did not meet your expectations with our breakfast. Your comments have been brought to the attention of our F&B Manager and Executive Chef. Through constant checking and thorough evaluation of our buffet breakfast, we are happy to share that we have already upgraded the spread of our breakfast menu. Moreover, we apologize if we were not able to accommodate your request to upgrade your breakfast at Boracay Regency. Please understand that our buffet breakfast is complimentary and is exclusively served at Lagoon Café and is non-transferrable. Should you wish to have a breakfast in our sister resort, a corresponding charge of their full walk-in rate shall be applied.

We are hoping that you will stay with us again so we can show you the improvements we have implemented.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Nice clean rooms, a big pool covering the area between the buildings and friendly staff. In the middle of white sand beach so you can walk around conveniently. Recommended - we would go there any time again.

Room Tip: There is a shuttle-service to the beach (300m walk otherwise) and free sun loungers for hotel guests...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Rene A

Thank you for your excellent rating. We are thrilled upon reading your beautiful and kind words. These will keep us more motivated to render better service. We are looking forward to serve you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Booked the room 10months before our holiday so we received 10% discount. The hotel looks very small when we saw it from the outside when we arrived. But hey "dont judge the book by its cover". As soon as we entered the main door - AMAZING - thats the word i could only remember i kept uttering. The cleanliness, the staff, the pool, and the fact that the restaurant was round the pool area was AMAZING!!!!! And when we were taken to our room (we booked premiere room with pool access) - OH WOW!!! AMAZING!!!! Very clean and spacious. The hot shower works perfect! It gets hot in less than 10 seconds! No need to wait! The bath tub is a good size. And the glass window between the bathroom and bedroom looks a bit romantic ;) and the sun lounger on the balcony is very comfty and convenient to relax on after a quick deep in the pool.

Although this hotel is not beach front, we are strongly happy we picked this - the pool in the sister's hotel on the beach front was a bit crowded for us because it is quite big hotel than the lagoon. If you want to go to beach, theres always a free shuttle anytime to take you to the said sister hotel which is only 3-5mins drive where you can use their sun lounger along the beach for free. They have attendants to look after you and watch over your things but of course you still have to be mindful of your belongings.

Free bathrobe, slippers, toileteries from toothpaste to bath foam, two bottles of water everyday, fruit platter on the first day. And the inclusive breakfast buffet with menu changes everyday - from fruits to even carbonara and lasagna - from healthy to very high calories!!! WOW! We love to eat anything, and as much as we can when we are on holiday (even when we are not lol). And of course, cereals, fried rice, scrambled egg, vege salad, fruits, breads and all sorts of fillings from cheese to jams and paste everyday. And i should never forget to mention the very attentive staff who are always watching around to refill your cup for coffee/tea! All these makes the room price worthy!!!

The location of our room was a bunos. The sun shines over our pool side in the morning. The trees/plants on the pool island makes the wind so much more relaxing. I absolutely loved it!

The buffet dinner was also great! Me and my husband have different food taste. I still love my filipino food and my husband is quite picky though he is a big eater like me. So buffet is the best option for us. The hotel serves different cuisine, and the menu changes every night. From fish to american roast beef - totally loved all the food. And ohh, the siomai served with sauteed shrimp paste - yum!!! You can also order individual dish from their menu if you dont want the buffet.

The drinks are not expensive either. Happy hour from 4pm to 7pm - buy one get one free from all cocktails and local beers. And if you have the buffet dinner, same said drinks are half price!

So all I can say, this hotel is affordable and perfect for our holiday. It catered all we need.

THE STAFF WERE EXCELLENT - FRIENDLY AND HELPFULL!!!

We will difinitely come again.. Cant wait for our next holiday to this place.

Room Tip: I have never tried other rooms, but the premiere roomwith pool access for us was perfect.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear YenAndPhil,

Thank you for your excellent rating. I am out of words on how to describe my gratitude for your beautiful and kind words about our resort and our outstanding staff.

We are very delighted to know that you had “the best holiday ever” during your stay. It is with great pleasure that you find our resort AMAZING - from its cleanliness, staff, pool, rooms and location of our restaurant. Your stunning review about our buffet and drinks offered at our Lagoon Café are very much appreciated. Our staff will be overjoyed to read this. Your very positive review inspires us and gives us more motivation to render excellent customer service.

We are looking forward for your next visit again. We will do our very best to give you another unforgettable stay.