“Must come back!”
Review of Nandana Boracay

Nandana Boracay
Ranked #116 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I will really stay at Nandana over and over again! :) We went there two weeks ago. The hotel has a very nice structure and the ambiance starting from the lobby to the room was really relaxing. The breakfast buffet is very delicious and in fact, I noticed that they have different menu everyday. They offer different cuisines and every food is really tasty! I was with my two kids and we were about to stay there for only two nights but since my kids want to enjoy more, we extended for another two nights and I didn't have second thoughts of transferring to another hotel. I did not have a hard time to look over for my kids because the staffs were all helpful even if you don't ask for their assistance. My son loved the cheesy bread they call "enzimada" with many cheese on top. I even bought two boxes with six pieces each for my kids to eat while we are on our way home. One lady offered chocolates and candies to my sons and I think she is the manager or the owner. She was really nice to us. Another thing is that Nandana is located in front of the beach so it was easy for us to go swimming outside. The splashing sound of the water falling to their indoor pool really made my vacation extremely amazing! I would really go back to Nandana Boracay! :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alexis M

Reviewed 4 February 2014

- Excellent location (right smack in the middle of station 1 and 2)
- Staff were really helpful and hospitable; it felt like home since their staff greeted me all the time and offered assistance even if i never asked them.
- Breakfast was really great; they had a good selection of different cuisines. SOO TASTY!
- Rooms were really clean. The housekeepers were really thorough!! I even let my kids play on the floor!! (considering that im a neat freak)
- Ordered room service for dinner for most of the nights since my kids were hard to handle outside and their food is the bomb! i suggest the chicken churrasco and moroccan salmon! and the fish and chips is oh so to die for!!
- 5 stars for Nandana! I cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank LetzTravel527
Reviewed 22 January 2014

To be very fair about this I think this hotel has great potential to be one of the leading contenders in the island. The hotel looks good, clean surroundings, beautiful modern rooms with the softest pillows one can find and seemingly an abundance of staff to cater to your needs. It seems to me however that the staff needs to smile more, they are trying and seems to be informative and knowledgeable. Breakfast buffet comes with your room albeit limited but average just the same. No chef in this place as I was told, unfortunately no one seems to last long for some reason, lol. But as per staff the owner has all the diplomas and certificates acquired abroad so this person might have this idea that that alone is enough to be a hotelier or chef (very typical for filipinos educated abroad). With that said I still personally think that this hotel has potential, they just need the right leadership and training. The staff demeanor is a reflection of the owners or management, and in this case it is very evident. I'll probably come back when they are more stable.

Room Tip: Wait a while before you book a room, hopefully one day theyll get their act together.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank budgettravler87
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Nandana overall quality is very good, breakfast good, people very attentive housekeeping very pleasant surprise, with Nanda to go through two doors only to the rooms, but do not worry about security very lively night out, another must drink Nandana Mango Smoothie good drink, most people is their profound waiters are very friendly and every professional! !

• Stayed: April 2013
8  Thank JUPING
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We booked a deluxe room and stayed 2 nights in this awesome hotel. Upon arrival we were welcomed with friendly smiles and refreshing drinks. The lobby alone is a lovely sight, relaxing and bringing everyone to vacation mode all at once with its contemporary setup. The room was comfortably big, simple yet elegant, classy yet homey; linens were fresh, crisp and white. The location is perfect too, not too far away in station 1 and close enough to where the party is at night, apart from being conveniently located near D'Mall where there are lots of food choices and shopping. And because it is on the beachfront, the kids just keep going back to the beach to swim and play in the sand anytime they want to.

The hotel staff were courteous and cheerful, greeting us every time we go in and out the hotel with warm smiles, and offering help everytime. And the best part was the indoor pool because the kids could still have fun even during the hottest time of the day when it's impossible for them to stay under the scorching sun outside. How perfectly soothing it is when we come back to the hotel from the heat outside to a cool relaxing dip in the pool where an artificial waterfall completes the relaxing ambiance.

Overall we had a wonderful stay, too short maybe. And so next time, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Rachelyaz
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I come to boracay almost every month. and I usually stay at Boracay Regency. Anyway, my friend and I stayed here in Nandana last labor day weekend. Like I mentioned, I would usually stay at the Regency but since most of the happenings are in Station 1 during the time, we decided to stay in a hotel at least closer to the main event. I always see Nandana when they were still constructing it. It looked really nice in the picture so it was our first choice to stay in the area. BUT..... Okay so this is where the problem/issues/annoying things started:

1. BOOKING THE HOTEL: reservations agent were not very knowledgable about the hotel, rooms, rates and the area. They even gave me the wrong price for the poolside room.

2. PAYMENT: After negotiating, the manager and I agreed to pay for 1 night thru bank deposit and balance upon arrival. 2 days before our reservation, I'm not sure but I think it's the same reservations agent that I talked to is asking why I did not deposit the full amount of our stay. In short, they don't have coordination.

3.ARRIVAL: When we got to the hotel, it wasn't how it looks like in their website. definitely not. I don't know but for me the lobby looks cheap. Not what I paid for. Don't get me wrong, the hotel itself is nice, the walls, lights and such but the set up just looks so cheap. That's for me.
CHECKING-IN: Front desk people are okay until my friend conversed in a very friendly way and one of the front desk girl responded in a not professional way. She was even jokingly sarcastic which I think is in appropriate.

4. ROOMS: I was expecting a poolside room. Outdoor swimming pool. Sadly, the swimming pool is indoor (really indoor pool in boracay? with such beautiful view?!) The rooms don't have any view at all. Our room didnt even have a window. Also, the room set up was very awful! my friend would describe it as a cheap motel room.

5. SERVICE: on our 2nd morning staying there, at around 6am a hotel staff just opened the room using her universal key without knocking. It just means that anyone can go inside your room without permission, besides housekeeping of course. People are not well trained. Especially the restaurant staff in the lobby. Mygoodness those people are no help! really.

6. BREAKFAST: food is soooo awful I didnt even avail of their breakfast on our second day until we left. Food menu was like they dont even wanna feed you. Not a lot of choices. And oh, they don't have water with ice because they dont have ice. The waitress said they don't usually have ice and she doesn't know why. haha

Just to summarize this review, I was not satisfied with this hotel. I felt like I PAID TOO MUCH for such a really bad experience and I am never staying there again nor will I tell my friends to stay there. Don't get me wrong, Nandana has so many potential. it's in the perfect location but everything inside the hotel just seems to be wrong. Maybe change the management? I hope the owners will read this review cos I personally think they can do so much better! I do

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Dianne M
Reviewed 3 April 2013

For starters, the things that attracted me the most are the food, the rooms, the indoor pool, the Jacuzzi, and the posh lobby.

The rooms are excellent, they're nicely lighted and the bonus? Jacuzzi at the balcony.

Bathroom's okay, I can let the lack of curtains go.

Overall: Nice place, I want to return again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family