“Great food ... service a little lacking but they tried their best”

Rima at Shangri-La's Boracay Resort and Spa
Ranked #19 of 322 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Rima is an elegant tree house restaurant offering international cuisine in an intimate location amidst the green in the resort's hilltops. It has been named one of the Philippines' Best Restaurants by the Philippine Tatler four years in a row. Dress code: Resort chic, no flip flops.
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Ate here last night for our first romantic dinner together since we are staying in the hotel. The hotel is excellent and service is superior. RIMA has great food entree but dessert was just ok. A beetle landed in my dessert and they made me a new one to take home with me to my Villa. I have nothing bad to say about this place ... only good things. One suggestion I would give is for future feedback is that it would be great to have the guest choose from two types of dessert instead of just one choice on the set menu. Because I can't really eat creamy stuff and the only dessert on there was the italian canolli dessert filled with cream. Of course my husband devoured my portion. Overall, great good, beautiful restaurant, good service.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Simply put: I proposed to my girlfriend here. This restaurant will be part of my life forever. Also, the view, the staff, the crowd, the pricing and.... the serving sizes :-) were aligned perfectly like the stars above Rima.

2  Thank KimZam
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We ordered the seared tuna, squid ink risotto, pan fried grouper, the kurobuta and prosciutto pizza for the kids. We all thought it was average, plus it was really hot in the restaurant, not a single breeze! Better head on to the strips of restos along white beach and get your money's worth on seafood :)

1  Thank oh_sarah
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great atmosphere, good service but we didn't like the food and it was over priced. We paid 100 usd each which is quite a lot for Philippines.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

expensive but good. it is in the wonderful Shangri La Hotel in Boracay. The location is off the center. Therefore transportation is not quite easy. However it can be worth if you are ready to spend some good money.