“Awesome”

Spider House Resort
Ranked #43 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Traditional environment..staff were friendly and helpful..good customer service..,room has nice seaview..love the bar/dining area whereby u can just chill and relax just above the sea with great view..theres ladder to the sea too if u want to go for a swim.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Actually, the first night was a nightmare. We booked 3 rooms, they forgot to clean one room, so they said they will leave the key to the guard. But the guard could not find the key, so our luggage be locked in the room. Same night, one room's power went out, no light, no hot water. I slept with dirty body. But they are good, they offered us free breakfast, and refund a room. Anyway the view is awesome! The second day was wonderful, nice people, nice food, we all enjoy there very much. Awake with ocean was really cool! Btw, I was bit by big ants, so do not forget to bring an ointment!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eileen927
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed at Spider House for 2 days before moving to a resort in the middle of the main beach. Spider House was a great way to start our time at Boracay as gave us a chance to really unwind early.

Sitting on the deck and jumping into the water knowing a cocktail is waiting back on the deck is awesome.

The house is made of bamboo and wood with few luxuries - this is its charm and knowing this is what makes it so great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DaveBatrouney
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The spider house is a very nice and the best place i stayed in boracay island.it is located out from the action area...so if you are looking for a place where are near to the night life or the action then you shouldnt stay here...this hotel or resort is a 5 star hotel to me...room are nice,staff are friendly (michelle,1 of the front desk,she was cute),food were delicious..suitable for family,couple(exspecially for honeymoon).and the room i stayed in was room 5,it was a deluxe room with sea view...i sure that i will be back to this hotel again...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed at the Spider House Resort in June 2013 for 3 nights! We wanted to stay somewhere different and away from the touristy area. And Spider House did not disappoint. The staff are amazing, friendly and welcoming, always up for a bit of banter and forever joking around which made the resort a breath of fresh air. It was informal, friendly and we felt like we were staying with friends rather than at a resort. We received welcome drinks and enjoyed the stunning view from the bar. The rooms were spacious and clean. The view from our 'window' was the best we've ever had. Being woken up by the sound of waves crashing against the rocks below sure beats any other alarm clock. Yes the resort is a bit of a walk from the white beach but with views such as those on your way back it doesn't seem that long at all. On one of the evenings on our way back to Spider House my boyfriend proposed so this will forever be special walk and special resort for us.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RadAngelina
Reviewed 12 August 2013

If you are looking for a chilled out, quiet place to rest while in Boracay, this is the place! There are no roads leading in our out of spider house resort. When my wife and I arrived we were guided down a star lit path to the beach then through a series of winding caves and finally up a few steps to a warmly lit resort. The resort is built into the side or a cliff which hangs over the ocean, it makes you feel like a kid in a treehouse since most of the furniture and walls are made of bamboo. Along with the treehouse feel, we also had a few visitors to our open air room. We really didn't mind the cat, crab, or lizards. If you are looking to be pampered, you are looking at the wrong resort. On the other hand if you are looking for a secluded, yet easy to get to, hideaway, look no further. We would definitely stay at Spider House again and are recommending it to all of our friends who are thinking about traveling to Boracay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4, we heard 5 and 6 were just as nice. Our room was literally hanging over the oc...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is for those who want to relax and get away from the busy Boracay strip. It felt like a private beach. It's also a nice 15-20 minute walk to Station 1 where all the people are. It's also an easy tricycle ride to the stations. My husband and I really wanted to get away and relax. At the same time, we enjoyed the bands and restaurants at Station 2.

We arrived at night and we had the Superior room. When we woke up, we were blown away by the beautiful scenery from our room. We were right on the water. The beautiful scene took my breath away. I was literally in heaven. Downstairs is a place you can hang out, eat and there is a bar too. We relaxed and ate breakfast there. My husband and I jumped right off from there to swim.

Now, a word of advice. If you don't like bugs, then this is not a place for you. I did not mind the spiders and bugs. As long as you have the Off Lotion you are fine. If you like modern decor, this is not for you. The rooms are made of dried bananas and bamboo - very native and typical of Filipino houses. My husband kept telling me that he felt like he was on Gilligan's island. I actually booked it for two nights but I ended up booking it for two more nights.

I also learned that Manny Pacquiao's resort is right behind the Spider House. I felt safe there. The staff were very helpful. The bathroom was clean. I slept so well. I had a net. I thought that was really cute.

Room Tip: Pick the Superior. Not much of a difference. Bring off lotion.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple