“Awesome place, but I could have really used AC though.”

Spider House Resort
Ranked #46 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Dongducheon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
“Awesome place, but I could have really used AC though.”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The Spider House Resort was a pretty cool stay, it felt like a fantasy club house that I always wanted when I was a kid. I love how the layout of the place felt very organic and not merely rooms that were stacked on top of and beside each other. The view from the bar area was great and the staff were very friendly.

I do have a few complaints though. Since it's an open air room, there is no air conditioning and it can get very hot at times. I knew this before I booked the room though and I thought it would be cool, but I think I would have much rather preferred the comfort of a room with AC. The bathroom's were a bit subpar in my opinion as well. The free wifi signal from my room was very strong though. There were even some gentlemen that helped carry my bags over the beach to the hotel (or at least the said the worked there) were we got dropped off by the trike.

The atmosphere of the place is quite magical. However, if you prefer the comforts of air conditioning, television, and room service, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Lawrence C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This was the most amazing place to go on a vacation that I can imagine. What a unique experience. The staff was awesome. The atmosphere it provided is something you wouldn't get at a 5 star resort, the location was perfect. I can't say how much I enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cameron L
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 October 2013

An interesting stay, beautiful views, but cut short our stay as the smell from the drains or toilets was terrible and the noise from staff and other guests from 5.30am was making me more tired rather than relaxed!. Lots of insects too, but to be expected. staff were friendly and helpful most of the time. It didn't help that we caught the end of a typhoon whilst we were there!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Fstokes
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stay there for 3 night and I have great time over there. People over there are friendly and significant view from my balcony..every thing is so great and you have to come here once in you life. One night, there is typhoon, staff changes my room immediately with charge, so I can have a good sleep. I am so touching....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank owenLee
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Me and a friend stayed here for three nights. It was a perfect true Philippine experience. Open air room with so much comfort. If you would like breakfast included in your stay, book online. The food was good and also a few restaurants around. Spider house is only a fifteen minute walk along the beach away from the main beach. The beach outside spider house was quite dirty but we put that down to the month of staying.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank CasieMartin
Park City, Utah
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This resort seemed very ideal for my friend and I because we didn’t wanted to be bothered by all the beach vendors on the touristy, White Beach area--and we were correct by choosing Spider House on the Diniwid Beach which was very secluded from other resorts and tourists. Additionally, the ocean view and waters were amazing~!!! Also, if you want to check out all the restaurants and shops it is very easy to get to White Beach (Station One) via tricycle for only 100 pesos (FYI: make sure to have small bills, because it was difficult to get change).

If you’re worried about transportation to the resort, I believe the updated Spider House website now has arranged transportation from the airport to the resort. Also, if you search Boracay Island Reviews “GREAT TRANSPORTATION [From Boracay Caticlan Airport to hotel on Boracay Island” by Kayla Kayoung] it explains how we got to Spider House hassle free and it was reasonably priced.

So on, the Spider House food was so delicious and it was great to get the welcome drinks once we arrived. The staff and security guards were very helpful and friendly--they always seemed ready to answer any questions every time we walked by their station. Next, our room was spacious with an ocean side view. We also had to climb a short ladder to even enter our room, which was exciting. My friend and I decided to get a room with our own bathroom, which was nice (it also might be smart to have sandals to shower in). Lastly, this place had the best water PRESSURE out of all the hotels we stayed in while in the Philippines (We stayed in 5 different hotels ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ).

Don’t Be Afraid :-)
Choosing this resort I knew that it would be a bit more outdoorsy (so don’t expect a 5-star resort). Our room had a tree literally going through it, which made the experience that much better; however, there are insects at the resorts, but the spider net provided did a good job keeping out any pesky mosquitos. Anyway, I do have a very strong aversion towards insects. But dealt with a few ants, spiders, and other random bugs and I survived just fine. So if there are any other travelers not fond of insects don’t be afraid, because the stay here will be worth it :D

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kayla K
Manila
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The best resort I have stayed in! My partner and I were awed by the amazing ocean view. The rooms were absolutely cozy and perfect. The food was delicious, and the welcome drinks were great. We could pick one drink each from the menu for free. My only regret was not jumping from the restaurant to the sea down below. Until now I am still amazed by the great ocean view. Waking up with the ocean right in front of you is one of the best experiences ever. When I go back to Boracay, there will be no other option but to stay at Spider House again. The staff and the guards were very friendly, and made us feel right at home. The manager even lent me his charger because I lost mine at the airport.

Already, I have friends inquiring on where I stayed when I uploaded just a single photo on Facebook. What more when I post the whole album. I would also like to thank Noy of Diniwid for giving us great rates for our activity packages and being a great tour guide.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple