Spider House Resort
Coast(Boracay)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdiniwid beachbamboo suitewhite beachsunset viewfacing the seaamazing locationvisiting boracayspidersspiderhouseislandstationparadisephilippinestrikecrowd
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Spider House has one of the best views i've seen from a hotel window, even though there are no windows, the balcony style room gives you the feeling of living of being outside and being in touch with your surroundings, sunrise was something i looked forward to.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and couldn't have been happier! The staff was friendly and incredibly helpful; they helped us set up everything we wanted to do, from parasailing to snorkling island tours to helmet diving. We stayed in one of the treehouse rooms and loved how unique the experience was. We had a gorgeous view, the bed was wonderfully comfortable, and everything was very clean.

By far the best, however, was the location. Nestled around the corner, away from the madness of White Beach, it was a secluded little paradise, and really made us feel that we had found the perfect private getaway. Being able to go straight into the water for morning swims was glorious.

The food at the restaurant was also delicious. Fresh ingredients, good food all around!

Be aware, part of the charm of Spider House is that it is more "back to nature" than a fancy resort. There were spiders and geckos and everything is made from bamboo, but that is what we loved about it. We felt pampered while also feeling like we were really staying in our own private treehouse in paradise.

I would never stay anywhere else in Boracay!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Awesome place to stay. Away from the crowds but close enough to venture in to white beach if you fancy. The rooms are awesome, so nice to wake up to the sunrise!
The restaurant and bar is also really good - nice selection of food and everything I tried was excellent. You can also go swimming straight from the bar - fun!
If you so inclined there is also a martial arts gym (legacy gym) within walking distance - an awesome way to start the day!
If your going to Boracay you could do a lot worse!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Gary B
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Honestly, this resort has the best view to offer facing the ocean, peacefully and yet far away from the parties (station 2 and 3). Here's the thing which I don't like with this Resort, I booked the queen bedroom with sea view, but the mosquito net has so many holes, which at night is not comfortable, the next morning you'll see dead mosquitoes with blood stains on the bed. Then the price. I booked using booking.com for 4 nights I will pay PHP 12,174.27 (MYR 900) then I asked for a receipt which the resort didn't give me a receipt after I checked out, I saw my bill and more than the original price that I booked, so there's no consistency at all. They charged me PHP 14,000 ++ without breakfast and I feel the disappointment from this resort. If you want an ocean view then look for hotels/resort with the same price. (Nami Resort, Discovery Shores)

Room Tip: Queen bedroom with ocean view is good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Been to Boracay lots of times.
The location is probably the best in Boracay, away from the main beach.
I think this is the only hotel in Boracay where you can jump straight into the water from the main deck. We also got picked up for a snorkel/island hopping trip right from the deck!

The staff were super friendly and the hotel manager catered for everything we needed.
The rooms are basic, but have the proper island vibe with local hand made furniture and rooms.

I felt like a Lost Boy in a Tree House

Room Tip: Rooms 7+8 have awesome balconies with the best views. Room 10 is huge and has an awesome view of Diniwid beach
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends