“Views great, but customer service laid back and lacking.”

Spider House Resort
Ranked #46 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Melbourne, Australia
“Views great, but customer service laid back and lacking.”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I chose Spider House from the images on their website as I wanted something a little different from the usual accommodation for my two daughters. I booked directly with the resort and was satisfied with prompt responses from their booking agency.

To start with the bar room/dining staff are friendly and hospitable and the food was really very good. Sadly the reception needs retraining or at least they should have a look at how other hotels manage customer service.

Due to Typhoon Glenda we could not get to the island for our first night and were prepared to lose that night's booking. Weather happens. However on check in the next day we were told the room was not ready. So obviously they took the opportunity to rebook our room and therefore double their takings.

When we asked the desk staff to help us re-schedule flights so that we could spend more time in Boracay they simply could not manage it - even asking us for money to purchase more credit for a private mobile phone. I would have thought our lost accommodation could have covered this.
We got help from our next hotel at Boat Station 2 even before we checked in. It was done in 12 hours with newly issued tickets. That was the service I would have liked at Spider House.

I would honestly say go there for a drink and the view but reconsider spending a night. Spider House has potential but the manager seriously needs to address shortcomings.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kerrie B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My room was infested with big bugs (or were they cockroaches?) and other insects that crawled into my luggage... Every night I would come back to find several of them lurking around. I was afraid to sleep.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank J E
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Travelled last May. This is far from STATIONS 1.2 and 3, we chose Spider house because it is basically peaceful in Diniwid Beach area. You will have to ride a tryc for 150php.

The place is really relaxing and Spider House has the most epic view at the top. Food is great. Breakfast usually starts at 730. We stayed for three nights, first two nights at ROOM3- full view. ROOM 3 is just above the kitchen and dining area- and at 3pm until 10pm prepare for the noise-either from people dining /the kitchen/ or the loud music. The food smells great but you dont want that stick generously on your hair or skin and on your clothes-but then it will because the room is just at the top of the kitchen. So if you don't want that then try other rooms esp if you just want to stay half of your day in the room to relax or read a book.

On our last night, finally the lady granted our request to transfer to a better place- Viola, our sticky situation was lifted at the sight of ROOM 4. Away from noise. Away from the kitchen. SUPER FULL SEA VIEW. I love the ambiance and the breeze of the wind. No spiders. No mosquitoes. But if you really wanted to experience spider house by its name- you will enjoy room 3 because they have it plenty there. ;-)

The staff is really helpful. They arranged a day trip for only 1500-twas really worth it.

Room Tip: CHOOSE ROOM 4. But, If you happen to be in Room 3- put a plenty of insect repellant. ;-)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bee L
Kota Kinabalu District, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

A must stay place when u are at Boracay. I was traveling with some friends. and we had a great time. the foods is good so do the staff. it was so quite and we had a good rest while we was there. the rooms clean and very comfortable. I will come back again soon.

Room Tip: go for a suite with a view.... you'll not regret.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank missarguelles85
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 19 July 2014

A must stay place if you're in Boracay, truly amazing view. I love the sound of the wave, the chill wind, laid back lifestyle at Spider House, away from the crowd on White Beach. You can literally jump into the sea from your room!
Soundproof between rooms is literally zero and the music from the bar/restaurant can be heard in my room (I was staying in room 1, which is just on-top of the restaurant). Toilet is a bit let-down and the room is a bit dirty, but I've already expected all these since this is sort of a "open-air nature" kind of room, and I understand that it's hard to be maintained.
Not much choices on the food menu, but overall the taste is OK. Very friendly staff especially those from the kitchen/restaurant, nice chatting with them. I was amazed that they even remembered my name!
Mosquito net & spray was provided by them, but I would recommend to bring along your own mosquito coil & repellent.
If you're into nature, yes, this is the must-stay place in Boracay. But if cleanliness is your top priority, stay away.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hat Head, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

For an amazing position and great vibes, laid back, friendly, helpful & entertaining staff; an absolute must stay place in Boracay, or at least visit. Perhaps avoid if very strong westerly winds and rough seas are forecast.

Music at the bar area can play into the night, filtering through the open air structure however the mellow deep grooves can lull you to sleep. I miss it already.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank miles_lachlan
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

It’s truly authentic hotel you’ll never forget. Months after staying in this hotel all my negative imaginations wiped off and now I have just good memories. It seems even funny that name of the hotel is absolutely coincides with reality – there are a lot of spiders and webs in hotel’s rooms. Bathroom and toilet are very poor but several footsteps – and you’re in the blue-blue clean sea. Soundproofing between rooms is absent but it’s very pleasant to fall asleep to the sound of waves. This hotel is almost nude nature without starched bed-sheets and towels. It’s nice place to clink glasses with fresh juices (or buka or cold beer) with kindly Filipinos.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends