“Sea and fun keep you young”

Spider House Resort
Ranked #44 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 19 August 2014

First it is not a five star hotel. But this is the best part of it. No AC, or other luxurious amenity or facility. But you have very spacious, comfortable, natural and ecofriendly accommodation with needed comfort. If you love nature and escaping from the city smog and oxygenating your body. This is a great place. There is some light hiking to do so for disabled or impaired people not an ideal place. Food and drinks are cheap and great, the owner michelle is Great host. Be open minded and enjoy the location

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank jfjlawai

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We decided to stay here as it was distinctly different = no windows, perched on the side of a cliff, looked spectacular. We weren't disappointed, it was great.

We booked a bamboo suite = 2 double beds, we had a lot of space in our room to kick back and enjoy the ocean view. Our room was clean, beds comfortable and we had hot water

Breakfast was included in our stay and the selection was pretty good. However the trap was that it was just the food (unless you order an all inclusive) so that meant our drinks were charged back to us; at check in, that information wasn't very forthcoming and when we did seek clarification we were told we could order anything off the menu. It wasn't a hug expense

The food was pretty good and the italian coffee, preferable over instant. We also had dinner there a couple of times and they were fine.

All the staff were friendly enough and helped us get our bags to/from Spider House; you have to walk along the Diniwid Beach to get to Spider House.

LOCATION: If you want to be where the action is (White Beach) then this is not the place to stay. It is a short distance from White Beach which was not a problem for us. It's an easily walk along the beach to White Beach or take a tricycle.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sue H
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Best Place ever...it's like a family for me... food is Very Good, drink are amazing And The total atmosfere is wonderfull. .. after 4 dinner we are one family with Michelle, The chief. .Thank You spider house

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Luca G
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is one of the most unique places I've ever stayed in. The thing about Spider House is, you will either like it or hate it for the same exact reasons:

Location - Because it is on Diniwid Beach, it is a bit of a hike to White Beach. I personally enjoyed my half-hour walks every morning from Diniwid Beach to the pathways that led to White Beach. The area around Diniwid is quiet/tame compared to the activity on Stations 1 and 2 on White Beach. The other option to walking is taking a tricycle - normally, trike rides cost 15 pesos (about 33 cents), but since Spider House is far from White Beach, most trike drivers driving to/from the area ask for the special rate of 150 pesos (about $3.50).

Open air rooms mean that you have sea winds as your natural air conditioning. No ACs but there are some fans in the room to aid in air ventilation. I was there in the off season so the breezy monsoon winds kept my room comfortable enough. I don't know how it would be however during the hot summer months.

The presence of bugs or falling leaves from time to time didn't surprise me because the room was open air. The bed had a mosquito net surrounding it so I wasn't too bothered while I was sleeping.

The only thing that I didn't really like in my room was my toilet/shower - poor water pressure and drainage. Also wasn't too clean I thought.

The restaurant/bar facing the sea was great. Food was good and the bartender and wait staff were all great.

Because getting to and around Spider House involves a lot of walking and climbing on uneven terrain/steps, it is unfortunately not a conducive place for travelers with physical disabilities or impairments to get to.

Overall, this place is fun for those looking for a more "rustic" experience in overdeveloped Boracay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank jphnyc
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 4 days in early August and really enjoyed out time!
Do some research on this place and if you know that this isn't a 5* hotel with A/C and other luxuries you'll have a great time!
As it was the off-season there was a decent amount of rain and wind. Scaffolding was set up to block the wind which is pretty standard for all the hotels that are on the western facing side of the island at this time. The view is excellent and the restaurant is a great place to chill, have some food, play pool, have a drink, etc.
Rooms are fun with the open walls and no windows. Made for a fun experience. Of course we has a few bugs here and there but nothing terrible. The bug net and fan made for a comfortable sleep. The bed and pillows were surprisingly comfy!
WiFi was pretty good. Well run place. Would like to come back during the high season as I think there would be a better vibe and a nicer view!
Staff is nice and arranged airport transfers as needed. Thanks for a fun time Spider House.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Bamboo Double. Small but great views with a balcony. A bit noisy from the restaurant b...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan G
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Spider House was amazing. I've never stayed in a better hotel. The atmosphere was amazing. You can go swimming right off the restaurant. We got a room with a great view that was completely open on one side. While it was right above the restaurant, it wasn't too noisy in the morning. I was surprised at how quiet it was. All we could hear were birds and waves. Our room had a mosquito net and we had no problems with bugs.

The food was great and the drinks were great as well. We stayed here for our last two nights to relax after our time partying on White Beach. It is quite the walk to White Beach, but also a beautiful one. I felt safe in the area no matter what time I was walking home. There's a great restaurant next to it with an outstanding view.

I was very pleased with my experience at Spider House.

Room Tip: Get a room with a beach view! Definitely worth the price!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annie P
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I chose Spider House from the images on their website as I wanted something a little different from the usual accommodation for my two daughters. I booked directly with the resort and was satisfied with prompt responses from their booking agency.

To start with the bar room/dining staff are friendly and hospitable and the food was really very good. Sadly the reception needs retraining or at least they should have a look at how other hotels manage customer service.

Due to Typhoon Glenda we could not get to the island for our first night and were prepared to lose that night's booking. Weather happens. However on check in the next day we were told the room was not ready. So obviously they took the opportunity to rebook our room and therefore double their takings.

When we asked the desk staff to help us re-schedule flights so that we could spend more time in Boracay they simply could not manage it - even asking us for money to purchase more credit for a private mobile phone. I would have thought our lost accommodation could have covered this.
We got help from our next hotel at Boat Station 2 even before we checked in. It was done in 12 hours with newly issued tickets. That was the service I would have liked at Spider House.

I would honestly say go there for a drink and the view but reconsider spending a night. Spider House has potential but the manager seriously needs to address shortcomings.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family