“Very nice hotel with fantastic sea view”

Crystal Sand Beach Resort
Ranked #90 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Hamburg, Germany
“Very nice hotel with fantastic sea view”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay in Chrystal Sand.All of the staff are very friendly.We had the deluxe room and had the amazing sea view from our balcony.It was like a scenery from a postcard.We wouldn't forget it.The only negative side is the loud music at night coming from the hotel on the right side, the District hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lyn N

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Whenever I'm with family, this is always the llace we want to stay. After spending a night at a cheaper hotel @ La Bella Casa, we checked in this hotel. We always love this place coz its quieter at night. No beachside bar and no beachside restaurant that bothers you. Staff are always hospitable, knows us already and really tend to our needs. Beach not as nice as station 1 coz of the sea weeds at this month but nevertheless the room, the bed are better. Always looking forward for breakfas time coz i just love their chorisilog. Till next visit. Looking forward for another chorisilog

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Travelling Chef W
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We just came back from our trip in Boracay. As it is our 1st time, we chose a hotel close to the beach. We are given room 206. At first I was hesitant to accept room 206 as the view is not as nice as room 205. We are suppose to move the next day to room 205 but our 1st night in Boracay was pretty crazy. Too noisy, loud and always like a party place. I guess it is a culture shock for me. Room 206 is better if you prefer a bit quiet. Room 205 has twin bed and a noisier room. Anyway, ROOM is pretty decent. We were given a double bed in room 206. VERANDA is quiet big and we are happy as we can put our wet wetsuits outside after diving.
TOILET was provided with 2 sachet of shampoo (2 sachets Pantene) and 2 sachets (small Safeguard) soap every 2 days. Hot shower was provided in the room so it is good.
BREAKFAST is not bad. Omelette is average. BEVERAGE--I ordered mango juice at first because it is a suggestion from the waiter but it taste water so he has to replace it and the 2nd time around it taste like mango juice. It is served fresh but orange juice is served artificially.
RECEPTION --whenever I asked the reception to clean the room I always tell them not to steal anything as the hotel has a bad review. They find it offensive but I said I just want our things to be protected as the hotel has a bad reputation.
HOUSEKEEPING--they didn't steal anything, I'm glad. Room are organize and clean.

Overall, stay is just average as we never expected it is too crowded in the small island. Hotel is good as it is in front of the beach. Be careful of your valuable items was the hotel has a bad reputation when it comes to belongings.

Room Tip: Room 205 has a nicer view but it is very noisy at night as it is close the "party area"...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Soleil S
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Unfortunately I could not give this place any positive rating because I was robbed of money and gold jewellery worth £300. It was cash and 2 wedding rings as we just got engaged. It appears that it was one of the staff who did this robbery and it must have been clear to the thief that this rings were for a engagement. The police could not do anything as there was no CCTV in this hotel. We felt quite left alone with this as the rest of the staff did not seem to care about our loss. Very poor experience...

• Stayed February 2014
13 Thank RechertH
Colorado Springs
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Just spend 6 nights at the Crystal Sand Beach Resort Jan 16-21st 2014. Stayed in Deluxe Rm 201 which was a great room with a balconey overlooking the beach. The room was ok--nothing great but it served it's purpose. The bed was a bit not but not bad, the A/C worked great and the room had a mini-fridge with a few sodas and beers and a bottle of water all for a small fee. The bathroom was quite small but again it served it's purpose. The best part of the resort was it's location which was right on the beach. They had good beach chairs for those staying at the hotel and security made sure only hotel guests used them. They would also bring you out a beach umbrella if you wanted one. A free breakfast was included in the room price and you had a good selection to choose from--including great brewed coffee and plenty of it. We also had drink service on the beach--all you had to do was look up toward the resort and usually someone was standing there that would come down and take your order and just charge it to your room. The resort is in a perfect location on White Beach--only about 100 yards from the D'Mall with all it's shops and restaurants. We spent a lot of time walking up and down all the Beach Stations looking in all the shops which all seemed pretty much the same. The water in front of the resort was perfect also. You could walk out for at least 50 yards before it came up to your chest and the temperature was perfect. Lots of people selling excursions up and down the beach. Don't be afraid to talk to them and find out their prices and don't worry about being ripped off by paying them and having them disappear on you. You don't pay them but pay at a central place where it seems all the excursions leave from so it was not a problem. Throughly enjoyed our stay at the Crystal Sands Resort and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We wanted to stay in Rm 209 which is their best room but it was booked. Room 201 was right next to...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bshort4
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I've stayed at Crystal Sands several times since 2006. The room rates are very reasonable, the staff is efficient and friendly, and the location can't be beat. The hotel does not have a lot of rooms (I think 16?) but its beachfront is expansive so guests rarely compete for beach chairs or space. I essentially have breakfast in the sun, park myself on a beach chair the whole morning, leave word that I'll be coming back, and after lunch my lounge chair is still waiting for me. It's not luxurious (there are fancier hotels in Boracay), but the rooms are a good size, very clean, and comfortable. The hotel is in the Station 2 area near station 1, which means less crowds but it still quite near d'mall and other restos.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jaymiedivine
Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I love trying out restaurants, and with the myriad varieties in Boracay, I ended up at Crystal Sands and glad I did! One great thing that would poke my love for a resto and accommodation is the service from the staff! From the very minute I looked at the menu, to when I fell asleep at the sunbed, I was looked after. Whilst eating facing the hot sunshine (because I requested to be facing the beach), there were flies which were understandably hovering around because I had mangoes (and in tropics flies come at hot times), immediately a candle appeared at my side to drive the flies away. I couldn't see the staff on my front because I was staring at the beach whilst eating, but apparently they were attentive and once again, immediately glass of water arrived as I drenched out in the sun. And that what makes me fall in love! The manager is hands on, the staff are absolutely lovely! And breakfast is absolutely recommended! Will definitely come back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo