“Very Accomodating”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Very Accomodating”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

From travelling and diving around Philippines, Boracay was our 5th and last island destination before we head back to the UK. Our initial plan was to relax and not dive, though as a curious diver we pop in and out to few dive centers in Station 1 and ended up chatting with one of the Dive master Andrew, He is very accommodating and welcoming that we just suddenly decided to go for it and check out 'Tri Bird' a new airplane wreck site. After a great wreck dive, We also got the chance to chat with the owner Willy who is very passionate with diving. He showed us the photos of Manta rays and Sharks in "Shark's Cave" that he recently took - that convinced us to go for another dive, and Willy dived with us too. We saw a lot of White tip sharks sleeping in their caves :-)

Boracay is a very touristy place, and dives here are much more expensive compared to other Philippines dive sites. But it was worth seeing what Boracay has to offer. Free Willy Diving was one of the highlight of our Boracay trip, great DMs and staff :-)

Visited January 2014
1 Thank ErikaReyes
boracay5337, Manager at Free Willy Diving, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
On behalf of Free Willy Diving Team...Thank you all for all the very helpful feed back...We really appreciate... We're hoping to give you still the service in the next more years....

• Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“5 times in Philippines, so I know what to expect there”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Hey, Im from UK. Ive been 5 times to the philippines, so I warned my wife that dont get upset while we are in Philippines because 4every where you go everyone is trying to clip your ticket (so to speak) so just tip when asked, its not going to be much. That said the Filipinos are a can-do people, and can make things happen, so I stzrted reading reviews about diving centres in Boracay before I departed London, and I phoned up few of them and the line wasnt and in the end I gave up trying to book our PADI open water certs urse before hand, I thought, I will just walk in and ask if theres a slot during our stay there.

As I was reading the reviews I narrowed my choices down to 3 dive centres, and which stations they were located. I took note of this guy Rey at free Willies. That said good things about him and some others there, so any way there I was a fews days later after exhUsting travel half way around the world coming from cold grey London, to hot tropical island in south east asia and I was walking along and there I saw Free Willies, I saw this filipino guy sitting there on his own. I walked up to him and asked If its possible for me and my wife to do our PADI I knew straight away he was one of these filipino can-do types, and he casually said ok get the money we start this afternoon. There I was a few days earlier reading about this guy Rey and here I was ostting next to him in Boracay, discussing our schedule for the next 3 days. I was very pleased with mys3lf and I was pleased I met this guy.

so off we went. Firstly back in the old9en days when I was young I did a diving course that lasted 3 months, it was before PADI went world wide, that was 30 years ago, so I remember quite a bit, especially the equipment, and I noticed these guys were very expeprienced, rey has8 been diving for 16 years day in and day out, so you cant get much more experienced than that, so he had Developed a good sense of patience which is important to feel relaxed with an8d instructor, which we both felt comfortable, and I was pleased with their equipment, I knew it was good qaulity stuff, and rey just looked at us and picked out our wetsuits, which were well fitting,.

They took plenty of photos of us and videos while were diving, which my wife proudly posted herself on facebook, so that that was nice, and8 we studied all night for our exams, I put in about 12 hours s8tudy ov9er 2 nights, for the multi choice ex0am, which wasnt hard, but still payment to study and prepare for that, they lend you the book and at the end of each chapter is sample questions of whats in the exam. Thats the last thing you do, and straight away we got our diving cards, because they ordered them from manila, so we didnt have to wait, againlike I said philippines is a can-do place. We only had a few days left, so we didnt get to do the wreck dive and giant sea turtle dive, but we did go dow9n to 18 metres which was very cool, I have to say I was very pleased with that dive.

I secretly hope to go back to Boracay, Ive been there 2 times, 1st was 9 years ago, and it is so diffent, but in a good way, the nightlife is way better now, so the 8overall experience is much better. Thats it have a go and just do it, dont mull, you will love it.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Anthony B
On behalf of Free Willy Diving Team. Thank you for the very helpful feed back.. We really appreciate . We're hoping to give you still the good service in the next more years...
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly and flexible”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Free Willy were great to dive with. I recommend them.

The team was very friendly but still professional in their approach. They would run four dives a day at roughly 9am, 11am, 1pm and 3pm, coming back to shore after each one. They were also running two boats so could be very flexible with where you dived and tailor trips to customer wishes. Good quality gear and they take care of everything. You don't even have to carry any gear to the boat.

I dived with Andrew who was a great instructor. He's a fun guy, informative and a good spotter. I did a refresh dive at Balinghai (26m, turtles, banded sea snakes, nudis, moray eels) then two dives at Yapak 2 (nitrox, 34m, big school of tuna, grey reef sharks, white tip sharks, barracuda).

The visibility sometimes isn't the best there but Balinghai was pretty good, maybe 25m, and Yapak 2 was about 18-20m.

You can chill out at the Free Willy shop and leave your things there if you need to. Altogether a fine bunch to dive with.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Gilvers
boracay5337, Owner at Free Willy Diving, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Sydney
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great diving experience”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Loved diving with Free Willy, great customer service, very welcoming and friendly atmosphere, passionate about diving that makes a positive experience, for a place that did not have the best diving. We (experienced divers) did a lot of diving with them and they were very well organised and attentive to customers. Would definitely recommend people dive with them.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank kiki2709
Tel Aviv, Israel
“great pepole great gear very profesionle”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

we got there after we saw good review on trip-advisor.me and my wife took ouer fierst diving lesson there.
very very nice and carying pepole with great gear. it was allot of fun and we defently go back there if we get the chance.

Have Fun!!!