Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. Traveled from Manila to Caticlan by Cebu Pacific.
1. Reservation- Booked via email, through the hotel's Manila office. Simple and reliable. All inclusions were clearly mentioned and provided during the stay
2. Hotel Transfer- Managed seamlessly by the hotel. Two representatives were waiting for our (delayed) flight. <5 minutes ride by an air-conditioned tourist vehicle to the pier. <5 minute waiting before getting on a ferry for a 10-minute transfer to Boracay. This was followed by another car ride to the vicinity of the hotel. Last mile was covered on foot as motor-vehicles are not allowed on the beach.
3. Reception/Check-in: Very warm welcome at the hotel, accompanied by a very refreshing welcome drink. 'Tom' at the front desk explained all details and even helped us to our room. Check-in was very quick and smooth (by April).
4. Room: Very spacious room and had all required amenities. There was a large balcony that was easily accessible from the room. The bedding, pillows, etc. were extremely soft and comfortable. There was no bath-tub but, a showering enclosure separate from the WC cabin.
5. Breakfast: We liked the breakfast (separate egg/pancake section, fresh fruits, raw vegetables for salad, bacon, sausages, rice, fish, yogurt, etc.). The bread section was pretty limited.
6. Location: This is a very big plus as the hotel is right on the beach. There is a small private area dedicated for the hotel guests where the beach-loungers are set-up during the day and is converted to Caruso Restaurant after sun-set (ideal for evening cocktails and dinner). The D'Mall is located 2-3 minutes walk from the hotel.
7. Restaurant: Caruso, as the name suggests, is an Italian restaurant serving a good variety of pizzas and pastas. The hotel has recently opened a roof-deck bar which is also nice.
8. Return: The return transfer was also managed efficiently. We left at 5.30AM, swift check-out, with packed breakfast.
Overall, a very satisfying stay at the District. The hotel support staff is extremely helpful / cordial and all deserve a special mention. We were helped with beach towels when we forgot to bring them from the hotel. Drinks were quickly served whilst at the beach. The staff was prompt in taking care of all guests making it a very likable experience at Boracay. We'd recommend that people stay here and we shall definitely return to The District.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The District Boracay is a boutique beachfront resort located at the center of Boracay island’s Station 2 that offers 48 rooms, a Filipino-Asian restaurant, a lap pool, a conference room, a bar and events roof deck, gym, spa, beach loungers, and its own brand of personalized service. It is the only resort in the island that offers guests the option to enjoy either breakfast or brunch buffet – as part of the standard rates. It is a consistent recipient of (TripAdvisor) Traveller's Choice Award, a recognition it first received on its second year (2014) of operation up to the present. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The District Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.