All reviews star lounge rooftop bar premier room d mall white beach complimentary massage caticlan airport turn down service hotel guests security personnel private boat beach chairs few steps visit boracay breakfast buffet welcome drink boat transfer
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Location is good and hotel caters for activities and transportation. We went to the hilltop massage almost everyday which can be arranged by the hotel. Had my birthday celebration there, staffs was so nice to prepare a cake for me. Station 2 is more centralized where you can walk left to station 1 and right to station 3. What's lacking is the awesome views of the beach.

Stayed: October 2017
The District Bo... R, Manager at The District Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Joelletms,

Thank so you much for sharing your feedback about The District Boracay! Glad to know that our spa services and location were to your liking. While we have a nice beachfront area, our rooms unfortunately do not have direct ocean views. But I do hope you enjoyed the breathtaking (sea) view from our Star Lounge (restaurant/roof deck) and from the lobby.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon - for your birthday or just because - and to providing you with an even better stay!

Reviewed 10 May 2018

It feels a little weird writing a review for a hotel and an area that isn’t going to see any tourists for 5 months, but The District it a pleasurable little hotel in a very good location which allows you to see the best (and worst) of Boracay beach.

Flying into Boracay usually means landing at Caticlan or Kalibo. The latter will take you a good 1hr or so by car to get to the ferry port with the former only being about 5 minutes. If you booked direct with The District then they will have provided someone to meet you at the airport and transfer you to the private boat which will take you across to Boracay island. The boat ride is a pleasant 5 minutes and once you land on Boracay it is a 10-minute car ride to the hotel.

The hotel is located in station 2, about right in the middle actually, which means you can turn left out of the hotel at night to head towards the livelier bars, or right in the day time towards station 1 for a more serene experience. The hotel also has its own set of beach beds, but they are only allowed 1 row so is limited to about 10 beds in total for the entire hotel.

Check-in to the hotel was a little less swift than I had hoped, lots of instructions about things you can and can’t do, papers to sign, information to be given and such, but not out of the norm for Filipino resort hotels. The rooms were a fairly decent size with a nice balcony that looked over the thin but lengthy pool. The bathroom area of the rooms was a little cramped, with almost no privacy, but the shower was nice and powerful, and everything was clean.

The restaurant area where you had the buffet breakfast was nice enough, a little small but the food on offer was your standard Western affair with a little bit of Asian. Above the restaurant is a nice rooftop bar but it was very sterile with a single member of staff taking your order and then having to run up and down the stairs to fulfil it. One night we had ordered drinks before going out to eat yet ended up leaving 20 minutes later before they arrived due to the slow service and issues of only having one staff member and many flights of stairs.

Check-out was painless with the exact same process getting the local airport as coming from it.

All in all, a nice little hotel, decent enough rooms, but nothing that is jaw dropping. Fine for a few nights of partying in Boracay.

Room Tip: Further back in the resorts means less noise from the beach
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeanChew
The District Bo... R, Manager at The District Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Dear DeanChew,

Thanks for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor! It is great to hear that the location of our resort was to your liking. However, I regret to hear about your experience at our roof deck bar (Star Lounge) and would like to extend my sincere apologies. Rest assured that we are reviewing all aspects of our operations, including this - that is why your feedback is just in time and very much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully when the island reopens this year! All the best!

Reviewed 22 April 2018

The District Boracay is a beachfront hotel located at Station 2 near DMall and other restaurants. The hotel has a contemporary sleek style which we really like. It may be in Station 2 where the hustle and bustle of the crowd is but when we get inside, there's peace and quietness that surrounds the place.

Pros
- Excellent staff service. The moment we arrived at the airport until we get to the hotel, the staff assisted us all the way through. We were able to feel the warmth and sincerity in the way they greet and the way they answer our questions. They have this kind of gesture - they put their right hand over their left chest whenever they greet you and it was really nice.
- The location is good. It's just a few minutes walk to DMall and there are many restaurants nearby. They may not have nightly performances during dinner but it's okay because just a few minutes walk, there were fire dancers and singers for entertainment. I think The District is the type of hotel wherein they value more on tranquility and relaxation. This hotel is good for families like us.
- Since this is a beachfront hotel, we got to enjoy the accessibility to the beach. They have benches and whenever we sit on them, the staff immediately arranged their orange umbrellas so are well hidden from the sun. They also proactively offered us beach towels.
- Though we brought our beach toys, we never used ours 'cause the hotel provides. Guests can borrow floaters too.
- We are late sleepers so we woke up late most of the time. The hotel is smart enough to give Buffet Breakfast or Buffet Brunch option to their guests. This is the 1st hotel we've ever been to that caters this. Kudos!
- We love the room design. The beds are so comfy and housekeeping cleans the room everyday except of course if you put a Do Not Disturb sign. They have extra pillows inside the cabinet.
- They have complimentary The District Bag Tags or key chains and 30-minute massage each for my husband and I.

Negative (very minor ones!)
- The wifi is not reliable inside the room. We had to go out of the balcony every time we needed to use it. I called several times of poor wifi connection in the room, an IT was sent to our room to check.
- I was told at front desk that we have complimentary goodies (cookies if I heard it right) and we just have to make sure the jar is not taken home. There were no "goodies in a jar" in our entire stay. I think the goodies are the complimentary bag tags.

Overall, I will still rate The District as excellent. We were given an early check in. The airport transfer going home was properly arranged. Great work from staff 'cause they are not robots and they're trained to think. Good job and we'll definitely come back.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Hersh20

Dear Hersh20,

Thank you so much for the kind and detailed feedback! It's great to hear that you had a wonderful time during your stay with us, and that you particularly liked our brand of personalized service. Valued guests like you deserve no less than royal treatment. This is the least that we can do for making us your resort of choice despite the numerous options available in the island. I, however, would like to apologize for the missing goody jar. This is definitely offered to all guests every night, however, if the "Do Not Disturb" door hanger is up, we are unable to set-it up during the turndown service. I will ensure that we make it up to you on your next visit.

Thanks again for sharing your experience, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to provide an even better stay!

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Food was great, complimentary massage was superb, Daily “in-room” goodies were pleasant, Round trip airport transfers were useful, Welcome Drinks were refreshing, Pool is quite small but the hotel’s services exceeded our expectations!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
The District Bo... R, Manager at The District Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear Louh,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write this detailed review, I appreciate the kind words. I will make sure to pass your feedback to all my colleagues at The District – they will be delighted to know that another valued guest has taken note of their commitment in providing personalized service.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back anytime! All the best!

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Location of the hotel is fantastic! Situated towards the beginning of station 2, it is not that crowded but yet within walking distance to all the restaurants and live bands.

Happened to be my birthday and Hotel gave a little surprise in my room that night. There was daily turn-down service with a little jar of cookies each night as well. Very sweet gesture.

Staff were generally friendly, greeting you as they see you except for 1 front desk staff, Liana Picar, who gave a little attitude when we spoke to her. As a front desk staff, I would have expected a smile from her when greeted but there was none. Service level could definitely be improved from her end.

Pls try to in-house massage!! The 2 massage Therapists, Joel & Jocelyn were excellent! We went twice during our 4 days stay! Thumbs up!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
The District Bo... R, Manager at The District Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Joanntoh,

Thanks so much for the equally fantastic feedback! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay - most especially our services at the
Upperhouse Spa. I hope you got to try our Signature Massage - this is a personal favorite!

I likewise appreciate your kind words about our staff as we are committed to providing personalized service at all times. However, I regret to hear of your experience with one of our staff, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Rest assured that I will personally look into this.

Thanks again, and I do hope to welcome you back in the future to provide you with an even better stay! All the best!