Alla Luna Rossa Beach Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We were so happy with our stay here as we got the price at a super discounted price. We just walked in and haggled, we were able to do this as it is low season.
The room is huge and has a mini ref, electric water heater, mugs and a small tv with cable. It also has 2 closets where you can put your clothes.
Room has a split type AC and is working well although water leaks to the floor but this was not much of a problem for us as the staff provided rugs and hey we got it at a low price so who are we to complain!
The bathroom is clean and is huge and has a working hot and cold shower. Tissue was not provided, we did not bother to ask for tissue though as we brought some and the bidet is working. The bathroom mirror is huge too!
Outside the room is a clothes line where you can hang your wet clothes.
The bed is huge although it can get too soft - which I do not like. Above the bed, hanging on a round thing is a cute pink mosquito net which drapes just on the headboard of the bed.
They have a veranda where we had our morning coffee and enjoyed the view of the ocean.
Staff were accommodating and helpful. They even phoned the coast guard for us to check if the boats would leave despite the weather.
Beach loungers are provided in front of the hotel which guests can use.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I booked this hotel through Venere (prepaid booking), and booked a specific room with two queen beds. The reason for this is that I am a tall guy, and a double bed just isn't long enough. All of their single-bed rooms were advertised as Double beds.

First, the positives: This hotel is right on White beach, in the middle of the beach, and in the middle of all the other restaurants. it's in walking distance to D'Mall and D'Talipapa tourist shopping areas. It's a relatively inexpensive hotel in the middle of overpriced beach resorts, and offers an opportunity to stay in the middle of "it all" for a reasonable price. The restaurant's food is decent, and their brewed coffee is quite good (Kapeng Barako from Batangas). The restaurant staff are all nice and helpful.

I emailed them several days before the reservation, and told them I was arriving at Kalibo at 5:45pm, I asked them to arrange an airport transfer, as their website said they would. They emailed me back and told me just to go to the Southwest Tours booth and buy a ticket. It's important to note that I emailed them I would be arriving later in the evening, because by the time I arrived, they told me they "weren't expecting me and had given my room away". There was no manager available, and they gave ma a choice of a room with 3 double beds, or a room with a single queen size bed (which was what I wanted in the first place - frustrating that they mis-advertised their rooms). I told the night man that I was going to need a refund since I paid for a higher-priced room than they gave me, and he told me I had to talk to the manager.

I have to give a very positive recommendation to Southwest Tours, if you arrive in Kalibo, they take good care of you and your baggage all the way to your hotel - and I do mean ALL THE WAY. They will dispatch an employee to lead you to the reception desk, and make sure your reservation had no problems. They will communicate with you the day before your departure to confirm details, and then pick you up at your hotel lobby (on time), and take you all the way to the airport. They were a shining star in my vacation, and I was very impressed with their service.

Now, the negatives about the hotel. The first thing I noted is that the windows and doors don't close properly - they let in heat and noise (and bugs). They appear to be a retrofit during a renovation of the hotel, but it was a cheap renovation. The next thing I noted was the sand on the floor and the used packet of shampoo in the shower. Apparently they weren't expecting that room to be occupied and didn't clean it properly.

The bed was an old foam mattress, not very comfortable, and the TV was an old tube model with limited channels and a remote that didn't work. The air conditioner did work, and there was a ceiling fan in addition.

The bathroom was reasonable size, the toilet and sink work fine; the shower had an individual heater which worked well, but the amount of water flowing through it was small. The shower had mold and old nonfunctional plumbing sticking out - more evidence of a cheap remodel.

The first night, ants crawled around the bathroom and hunted down my toothpaste and toiletry bag, infesting it. I kept my toothpaste and brush in the refrigerator after that... Management did spray for ants on the 4th day, and they didn't come back.

Each night, were was a rock band in the downstairs bar/restaurant. It was loud, and played late into the night.

It took 3 days for me to finally talk to a manager, and then his only answer was to tell me that "they offered me a room with 3 beds for my convenience", and "i could move into the room I reserved tonight" if I wanted. No refund was offered, and no other compensation. I was not happy.

Room Tip: Rooms with higher numbers are farther away from the noise of the rock bands in the bar, but they are also larger rooms with more beds. Only two rooms have an ocean view, but they are directly above the rock bands.. All single bed rooms have queen size beds, contrary to some booking sites' information
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fred b
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Room 3 on the 2nd floor of the property.

This property has a common deck and it has a good view of the boardwalk below - ideal for people watching. The beach view is obscured by the coconut trees lining the boardwalk though.

Other observations upon arrival:

• no toilet paper in the bathroom
• bottom of the shower curtain in the bathroom has about a 1 foot distance the floor
• there is flooding by the main door (seems to be a problem with the a/c drain) which is probably why the beds were on an elevated wooden platform

I can only speak for the room I stayed in. If those issues were fixed, I could say it would be ideal to stay here for the party type folks for the beachfront access and nightlife. The noise from outside and music from the restaurant below could be heard in the room.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My first experience while checking in was scaring a big cockroach away from my luggage while a drunk man came up and tried to convince my sister-in-law to let him help her with her luggage. Granted, it is a tropical location and I never saw a cockroach in my room and drunk people on the beach aren't too rare. The room was large enough to sleep six of us, but the beds were so uncomfortable. They ran out of toilet paper and towels. There was a moldy curtain you had to push through to enter the door, and then another moldy length of material posted up across the length of the ceiling in the bathroom - not sure what they were hiding with it. The water smelled, but it was pretty warm when taking a shower. We booked off another website and paid $800 for three nights. When we got there we saw the prices posted as 800 pesos a night per person which would have come out to about $330 for the three nights. It was over New Years Eve so I can expect rates to be a little higher, but considering the quality of the place, we felt really cheated out of our money knowing we paid an exorbitant amount higher than what the place had cost if we had just walked in without booking. This place is about as nice as a hostel...just way more expensive than a hostel. I've stayed at hostels, and some have been nicer than this.
The one redeeming quality is that it is right on the beach and there are some chairs, tables, and umbrellas set on the sand for your use. The fresh fish stand outside in the restaurant/bar area is tasty, but expensive too, although made fresh to your liking.
This hotel really left us with a bad impression of Boracay.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristy S
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Luna Rossa is an average 3 star hotel. It was good that we went there during the off-peak season and we were able to avail of a big discount at P1,600/day (p3,000 peak season) for a room good for two. The hotel counter was regular, it was a rectangle cashier table. Talking to the person in charge at that moment was somewhat boring, maybe he hasn’t slept for a couple of nights. He offered to show me the room first so I can decide. After an initial inspection, I said ok. After booking, we went to the room and my standard practice is to take a picture of the room in its undisturbed state. for more Photos and information about our stay please check http://watwatworld.com/2013/08/31/review-luna-rossa-hotel-boracay/

Room Tip: the room near the beach front is noisy at night so better bet a room at the middle area
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family