“OK hotel, too busy on Easter weekend”

Henann Regency Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Melbourne Australia
“OK hotel, too busy on Easter weekend”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights as part of our honeymoon. The breakfast was good and the rooms were clean although a little dated. This hotel is at station 2 which became too busy over the easter weekend, especially for 2 honeymooners. The first couple of nights were great but as the island became more packed we tended to eat at station 1 or station 3. The wifi is not included and expensive. The staff are not helpful and the female staff are dressed like prostitutes. Go to Asya Premier at station 1 for drinks and an amazing experience. Also do yourself a favor and go for a sunset cruise with http://www.boracay-sailing.com/.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Purplepanda17

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
hong kong
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Young, attractive, pleasant staff gave excellent service throughout my 7 day stay.
I rejected the first room offered and was given a good room at the front of the hotel, straight away.
great location.
I would visit again.

Room Tip: I was allocated room 405 in the so called 'new wing' .It had a balcony about 2 feet deep s...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank legendifs
Bangalore
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Whilst waiting for check in, a big loud board greeted us - 'All Coconut oil/Tatoo stains on the sheets will be charged to the guests'. This set the tone for the rest of the stay, the staff were far from friendly. The room was basic, the fittings were slightly outdated. Our balcony faced the big wall of another building. There is no wifi in the room, it is freely available in the front desk though. The breakfast buffet was reasonable. It is located right on the busy area of boracay which means that you just need to step out of the hotel to an array of shops, bars and resturants. All in all it was a very average stay and we will look at other options in the future.

Room Tip: specifically ask to have a room that does not overlook a wall.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank thomaser
Marikina City
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Our department stayed from May 27-30, 2012 so all expenses were shouldered by the company I'm working for but I bet it's expensive. We were transported from Caticlan to Boracay via speedboat and whoopee! What a ride! We were accommodated immediately and given our complimentary snacks of croissant and four seasons juice (probably part of the package) and it tastes good. We were lucky to have been booked in a room with veranda and view of one of the swimming pools because some of my colleagues were booked in rooms in between the complex's buildings (so they didn't have a view). I also find the room very much comfortable and another thing I first check whenever I'm in a hotel is the comfort room. Yes, it is comfortable with toiletries and the works and it's in perfect conditon. Too bad, I haven't tried the tub. I even requested for a dipper and pail and the housekeeping staff was able to provide after 10 or so minutes because there's no water hose for washing after I defecate every morning. I'm not sure if it's because of the balmy weather but it took time before the air conditioner "cooled" but I was able to sleep comfortable throughout the 3 nights we stayed there. The food? I just can't remember the name of their in-house restaurant but the lunch buffet is yummy. Breakfast is on the "average". Maybe it has something to do with "Filipino" taste when it comes to food. We like our food tasty while some foreigners might find our taste as bordering on the "extremes" (too salty, sweet, etc.). What we found funny was that during lunch, we were only entitled to only one glass of drink, probably part of the arrangement. Overall, the service is good. Staff was accommodating. Property is clean and quite challenging because you have to find your way to access the other pools and it felt like I was walking in a maze. I love that pool with Jacuzzi in the middle, very relaxing.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with a view of one of the swimming pools. Don't opt for rooms without a view.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Ailuropaws
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Boracay Regency is after all a resort hotel so the pools around the hotel are beautiful and really screamed "swim in me". However, at a place like Boracay where the waters are so clear, it's easy to just decide to give it a miss and spend time by the clear beaches instead. Location was great - surrounded by restaurants and was at a cleaner part of the beach stretch.

Service was so-so. We were not met with smiles when checking in and front desk did not respond to us while we were standing there until quite some time later. This was even though there were not many people queuing at check in.

Elevators were under maintenance while we were there for three days. Thankfully we were on the second floor and our room was quite near the staircase.

Breakfast was included in our package. Food was average. The restaurant, Sea Breeze Cafe, was always busy no matter breakfast, lunch and dinner. Heard that the dinner was good but did not have a chance to try it during our trip.

Bathroom had rain shower and very basic amenities. They only provided one toothbrush although three of us had checked in. My friends had brought their own - so not an issue, but its the small things that really impress. They didn't get the small details.

Housekeeping was relatively slow as well and on one of the days we returned to a room that was not made up despite being out for a good 5 - 6 hours and having the Please Clean Up sign on the door.

Bed sheets were sandy even after housekeeping made up our room.

They provide WIFI which I felt was a good plus. The balcony facing the pool was also appreciated.

It was an average experience and I have had resort experiences much better than this.

In their defence, I understand they were fully booked on certain days during our stay there.

Room Tip: Request for a room near the elevator to avoid getting lost in the corridors.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 July 2012

First of all, issues with the front desk >> as we were waiting to check in , another guest interrupted my husband, and the front desk staff, just basically ignored my husband, and started talking to the guest who has so many questions.
This is like 130PM, we had just travelled from the other side of PANAY island, and we havent had lunch...starving, so basically, I interrupted her back, so I could check in.
The staff just stood there, looking at me, really? seriously? So I basically was pissed that another guests cut me off in line, we were tired, exhausted and hungry.
The welcome drink coupon is basically given in small plastic cups. So Tacky really.
Buffet Issue: they charge for my 7yr old. Usually some buffets, kids are free with paying adult.
Hot water issue in the room, there was no hot water!!!! OMG!!! When i complained, they said they FORGOT to OPEN the switch!
Basically, my kids and I took a COLD shower.
Jacuzzi issue: no hot water.....in Jacuzzi with bubbles and jets hahaha, oh my....
Would I come back?
Sure sure....not!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Ria2011
Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

Good location beachfront. Foods are very ok different dishes every day. Staffs are good and accommodating especially in resto and pools. Superior room has no free slipper and no bath tub. Pools are very friendly for the kids as my 3yrs old son can swim but of course w/ guidance of parents! :-)

• Stayed July 2012