1,905 results
All reviewseast wingsea breeze cafewave barvip loungefamily roompool accessbuffet breakfastwhite beachsuperior roomspeed boatfew stepscaticlan airportboracay islandhotel guestsd mallbeach areaboat station
Reviewed 4 February 2009

We stayed in Boracay Regency for 4 nights from Jan.14-18, 2009. we booked a family room in their garden wing as we were 2 couples and have 2 children with us. The family room was exactly as described in the website. In my personal experience their standards is comparable if not better to 5 star hotels in Manila. Our room was right outside the kiddie pool which was very handy to entertain our 1 yr old and 8 yr old children. I've seen room that have direct pool acces which I think is ideal if you don't have toddlers to worry about. We booked their package which included pick up from the airport, boat transfers, breakfast, dinner and lunch included. Excellent value for money. The buffet in their Sea Breeze restaurant was very good and the service was excellent. We stayed for 5 days. On our first day eating at the restaurant I was worried that by the end of our stay we would be sick and tired of their food. But I worried over nothing as they saw to it that they varied some of their selections everyday. Did I say the service was nothing but superb and hubby loved the waitresses and attendants' uniforms:-) The only negative service we experienced was one day when they served their food in their other restaurant at their Gazebo Bar (due to a function in Sea Breeze). Somehow the staff there missed out on customer service training. We stood for a long time before we were seated and we had to keep asking for basic things eg. not enough knives and forks in our table, we had to keep asking for water and we weren't even give table napkins! Facilities in the Regency were excellent - including the bar at the pool and the gym. Location is the best, very handy to D'Mall. I would love to come back to Boracay and stay at the Regency next time we visit the Philippines.

4  Thank DesNZ
Reviewed 2 February 2009

The hotel itself is situated on the beach and is probably the biggest in Boracay. The design of the hotel and the general landscaping is beautiful with 3 pools to choose from including one with a swim-up bar.

Reception was helpful and we got a welcome drink voucher. Pools aren't too busy as the hotel has it's own beach and towels can be borrowed for free from the hotel.

There is a buffet breakfast at the Sea Breeze cafe which was extremely busy when we went (about 9.30 - closes at 10am). There were lots of food trays that were empty including cereal and fruit but they were sometimes replenished. We were there for Chinese New Year so it was a very busy time. There is also an egg station for omlettes, French toast etc. Plenty of food.

My only small gripe is that we had a deluxe room and I can't tell you what made it deluxe. It seemed rather spartan to me - there was a balcony, average bathroom and 2 beds (one double and single) and not much and some of the most impossible to use coat hangers I have ever found!) And the view wasn't that great either. If you have a choice go for a basic room - it can't be much different! It was a slight let down for a 5star hotel.

Didn't have any noise issues and the aircon worked well. Had a couple of massages in the resort but not at the hotel as they were pricey compared to the beach places though I'm sure the hotel spa was more relaxing. Try Palassa near the hotel for a P350 one hour massage.

As vegetarians, we struggled a little bit but the Greek restaurant, CYMA and Spanish place, Ole in DMall had decent veggie options as well as the Indian Restaurant on the beach front (True Food?)

Good free snorkelling to be found on the far left of the beach.

Not much gay nightlife and a few rowdy bars but it was a good chance to relax in the sunshine on the lovely beach!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mrrfrost
Reviewed 30 January 2009

very corteous and prompt reception/check in, we're even given complimentary drinks, excellent rooms, very clean, spotless, well appointed, pool views, 1 minute from the beach, wide selection breakfast, excellent location and lots more.

will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank EBGSydney
Reviewed 27 January 2009

We stayed for 3 nights between Xmas & New Year in one of the blocks overlooking one of the 3/4 pools.
The bedrooms are exactly as the pictures on the TA web, not luxurious but, clean & functional. The Buffet food is really very good & there are a host of young staff who are very attentive & make up for any service shortcomings with a beautiful manner.
The approach to the Hotel is off putting, but after getting your bearings, you realise that the Hotel is on the beach, & situated on the sandy promenade that runs the length of the resort, the Regency being in the middle.
Boracay is magical, white sandy beaches, lush geen vegetation & a beautiful coastline. The town is busy & has plenty of lively bars, which have not yet taken over the entire reason to visit this location.
We would recommend this property, but there is one serious problem which is well known & has a history to it.
Many of the bedrooms are adjacent to a bar, whose Mgt play very loud techno dance tracks well into the night. There are current ongoing negotiations in an attempt ot come to an understanding, but as yet there is a stand off.
I would recommend as I said but do ask the location of your bedroom first. Also it is a kid friendly Hotel so bear that in mind too.

• Stayed: December 2008
2  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 25 January 2009

I had a very good 1 week holiday at this resort. As an aside I choose to come to boracay as a direct result of the problems in Thailand last november, which resulted in the cancellation of my holiday there. This proved to be a blessing in disguise, as my trip to boracay ensured, that I will indeed return again to experience more of its charm and beauty, together with the hospitality and friendliness of the people living and working on this island.

The hotel staff ,especially the sea breeze restaurant are to be complimented on the high quality service offered. They are this hotel's most valuable asset as their interaction with the hotel guests and outside visitors, gives a true positive impression of the resort. The food itself was excellent and reasonably priced, ensuring that I had no need to use any outside restaurant.

The spa was comfortable and offered really good facilites in terms of the sauna, jacuzzi', steam room etc, the massuer I used often, was excellent, but the charges were to high, and this part of the hotels product wont sustain itself with these charges.

Front of house staff by and large offered a good service but one or two of the young ladies working there, had in my opinion, a bit of an attitude problem. One refused for whatever reason I could not understand, to change a 50 euro note which I had absolutely no problem changing elswhere. However, ths in no way detracts from the top notch other services I received from other parts of the resort.

Having spent a fantastic week week there, the biggest let down was the departure. It could be done in a way that shows a little more respect to their guests. I left with the distinct impression, now that we have your money--------------next guest please. The sense of being valued on departure is equally important as being valued on arrival. Its a good hotel but its good to know there are many other choices in the same price bracket.

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank paul026