1,905 results
All reviewseast wingsea breeze cafewave barvip loungefamily roompool accessbuffet breakfastwhite beachsuperior roomspeed boatfew stepscaticlan airportboracay islandhotel guestsd mallbeach areaboat station
Reviewed 11 March 2009

We stayed three nights in a large comfortable room overlloking one of the pools on the second floor. This resort is right on the beach, just walk out your room, go down the front stairs and you're there in the middle of White Beach on the beach path. The resort has at least three swimming pools, one of which has a slide and shallow area to appeal to children, and another that has a bar on hot tub to appeal to adults - the latter is very large and is covered in blue tiles - different and attractive.

After a while, we found Jonah's Fruit Shakes (at the West end of the beach, just past the private resort) and enjoyed the shakes as well as barbequed seafood.

The concierge was efficient and helpful in arranging an evening sail and a trip on the glass-bottomed boat. The sail was all we expected, while the glass-bottomed boat was a bit of a disappointment - there was not the variety of fish we saw snorkeling elsewhere. There are all kinds of sports available such as parasailing and Seadoos.

Be aware that the beach parties until the wee hours. We slept through it all. Be extra careful with the sun - we saw many people done to a neon pink.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Liberty_George
Reviewed 24 February 2009

Lilian O.
Manila, Philippines

My husband and I stayed in this hotel from Feb. 21 to 24. Everything seems to be perfect about this hotel, from the staff who took us from the airport upon arrival to the boat transfer. Food was okay and service agents in the Restaurant area were friendly. We arranged for an early check out on the 24th since our flight is 7 am. We waited for about 30 minutes for the check out and the front office agent said that based on the housekeeping staff, the linen we used had a tattoo stain and we have to pay Php900. I checked the linen that was presented to me by the front desk agents and I could really say that this must not be the linen we used. The stain looked like an old stain and had been washed several times. They probably surmised that we have caused it since my spouse had a henna tatto on his arms. The tattoo was done Saturday and how come the stains would only show on Tuesday morning. This is questionable. They changed linens everyday and not a single stain was reported. We had to wait for the Front Desk manager (who is not around the hotel premises on his shift) which did not bother to investigate and insisted on us paying the bill. Housekeeping staff did not ask for a supervisor to confirm his findings. How sure are we that it was our linen or was it somebody else's stained linen. Definitely not ours. I could only think that I was improperly charged and my side was not heard and because we had to rush to catch our flight I had been forced to pay the bill. We were disappointed and definitely will not consider this hotel on our next trip to Boracy.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Yanyan_O
Reviewed 17 February 2009

I stayed at the Regency for 6 nights with my fiance and we absolutely enjoyed the stay here. The service was great at the front desk upon checking in right until we checked out. The room was great and spacious especially the bed and shower which was fantastic!!
The buffet breakfast every morning was a must, so much variety and you are always sure to be satisfied, also very curteous service at the breakfast buffet.
I would def reccommend this to anyone who is after a place that is centrally located to everything as Regency is in Station 2, it is on the pricey end but def worth the money.
Only down fall was the WIFI wasn't for free like other resorts so maybe they should consider giving to guests for free in the future.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CkbMjk
Reviewed 6 February 2009

Clean room and right in the middle of everything. Food and service was about average, but layout, cleanliness and location are perfect. Poolside bar was very pleasant and reasonably priced (more expensive that on the strip but I didn't feel like I was getting reamed). When we checked in, our first room REALLY stunk - it was back against the garbage cans near the kitchen. We said something immediately and they moved us with no problem. Being in that room would have ruined the vacation, but they took care of us. Also, the portion of the hotel closest to the beach was right next to a really popular bar that played load music until after 2:00am. Didn't bother us or our friends who had a room closer to the off-site bar (and we both had kids ~10 years old with us). If you're sensitive to noise make sure you get a room closer to the front desk.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank lafbizguy
Reviewed 4 February 2009

We stayed in Boracay Regency for 4 nights from Jan.14-18, 2009. we booked a family room in their garden wing as we were 2 couples and have 2 children with us. The family room was exactly as described in the website. In my personal experience their standards is comparable if not better to 5 star hotels in Manila. Our room was right outside the kiddie pool which was very handy to entertain our 1 yr old and 8 yr old children. I've seen room that have direct pool acces which I think is ideal if you don't have toddlers to worry about. We booked their package which included pick up from the airport, boat transfers, breakfast, dinner and lunch included. Excellent value for money. The buffet in their Sea Breeze restaurant was very good and the service was excellent. We stayed for 5 days. On our first day eating at the restaurant I was worried that by the end of our stay we would be sick and tired of their food. But I worried over nothing as they saw to it that they varied some of their selections everyday. Did I say the service was nothing but superb and hubby loved the waitresses and attendants' uniforms:-) The only negative service we experienced was one day when they served their food in their other restaurant at their Gazebo Bar (due to a function in Sea Breeze). Somehow the staff there missed out on customer service training. We stood for a long time before we were seated and we had to keep asking for basic things eg. not enough knives and forks in our table, we had to keep asking for water and we weren't even give table napkins! Facilities in the Regency were excellent - including the bar at the pool and the gym. Location is the best, very handy to D'Mall. I would love to come back to Boracay and stay at the Regency next time we visit the Philippines.

4  Thank DesNZ