1,906 results
All reviews east wing sea breeze cafe wave bar vip lounge family room pool access buffet breakfast white beach superior room speed boat few steps caticlan airport boracay island hotel guests d mall beach area boat station
Reviewed 28 April 2009

Our family had several bad experiences at Boracay Regency Feb 2009, including being over charged, kids getting food poisoning, poor cleaning of room, covering up poor cleaning with perfume, over-crowded beach, and more. Although large with many amenities, nicer/better hotels/deals in walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank mhmroilgas
Reviewed 22 April 2009

I thought reservations would be really easy. We emailed a request for reservation and got an immediate email confirmation from Madelene. I thought things were then okay. BUT That was when the journey to ---- started.
We were contacted by Michelle B. Sotelo ­ Billing Officer and asked for
1. The completely filled-out letter of authority to charge credit card.
2. The front and back copy of the credit card to use.
3. Copy of a valid I.D.
She didn't know how to pull out the scanned copies we sent. She insisted we spend on long distance to fax the authorization letter? (after the email). We were emailing back and forth with long response delays. Then she told my wife to fax her signature 5 times. What kind of a nut house are they running? That's enough info for credit card fraud. When all was done she said the accounting staff had gone home and she couldn't confirm our reservation. Hotels are 24hr operations. You wouldn't expect a hotel of this size to be so unprofessional. Extremely stressful for what was supposed to be relaxing! Ruined the whole experience. AVOID THIS HOTEL IF YOU MAKE INTERNET RESERVATIONS!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank FilipinoBusinessman
Reviewed 13 April 2009

After a horrible flight with PAL Express and a gorgeous boat ride from Caticlan to Boracay we arrived at the Boracay Regency Resort. We were very plesantly surprised. Check-in went smoothly staff were very friendly and accomodating to our requests. We were given two rooms with a double bed and a single bed right next to each other on the 2nd floor of the Garden wing. The view of the pool was gorgeous especially at night.

The staff exceeded expectations and seemed to be able to anticipate a request before it was even spoken. We left tips every day for the housekeeping staff as they did such an excellent job!

The Seabreeze restaurant had the best breakfast buffet I have ever seen at a hotel. Not only was there plenty of food, there was plenty of staff around ready to help you. The chef was able to customise your omlette to your liking(this is not common in hotels!) I cannot speak more highly of the staff, they have been well trained in Customer Services.

3 days of absolute rest and relaxation. As it was monsoon season we didn't actually want to swin in the ocean so spent most of our time in the big blue pool in the Garden wing and at D'Mall(which has absolutly everything you could ever need! Even a little Swiss Deli!) The Hotel even organised a private tour around the island for us with one of the drivers!

I will definatly be returning when I go to the Philippines again!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank dkia
Reviewed 5 April 2009

I've stayed at Boracay Regency Hotel twice. The first time was when our convention was held there in 2006 and I stayed there again when I went for a vacation the following year.

The service is very good. Both times I didn't have any problems checking in or out, with transfers, housekeeping, etc. Even their reservations staff were friendly and accommodating. I conversed several times with the lady that handled my reservations and she has been wonderful. I made it a point to meet her once i got there.

The rooms / comfort rooms are clean, and though simply furnished it is not decorated in the native or beach cottage style, which i prefer. I love that I can step out of the regency onto the pristine white beach of boracay, and go back to hotel comfort. It was also quiet, both times I was there, even though it was peak season and the hotel was fully booked. The hotel is near d'mall, with a great variety of restaurants, bars and stores for shopping.

There are numerous signs at the resort informing visitors that they will be charged for henna stained sheets from tattoos. Just to be sure, we didn't get tattoos while we were there. Aside from the sheet stains I have first hand knowledge of several people who've had allergic reactions to henna tattoos and a lot of them developed red itchy skin (shaped like the tattoo) some even with blisters, one or two weeks after the tattoo was done.

The resort arranged our island hopping tour and though we got an acceptable rate, for the same price we could have rented a small boat to go island hopping by ourselves. we found out later on we would be joining a large group from other resorts. Next time I will be sure to ask how many, if any, are joining us on a tour. It was ok though, especially since we found out a couple of other people on the boat paid 50 percent more than we did. We asked the receptionist to arrange for in room massages for us. It costs more than massages done outside the resort, but it was lovely that we could go to sleep right after the massage.

The hotel has its own bar and at the time we were there,they had a live band performing and we had a great time dancing to the music.

Though breakfast is ok, I regretted that their buffet dinner was included in our package. Definitely there are better places to dine in boracay. Breakfast is fine at the hotel, but I think for lunch and dinner it would be better to try different restaurants. There are many to choose from, whether you prefer Greek, Italian, Chinese, Grilled seafood, etc.

I will be going back to Boracay this month and I've decided to stay at a different resort near Regency just for variety. In the future, i would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank RMDQC
Reviewed 11 March 2009

We stayed three nights in a large comfortable room overlloking one of the pools on the second floor. This resort is right on the beach, just walk out your room, go down the front stairs and you're there in the middle of White Beach on the beach path. The resort has at least three swimming pools, one of which has a slide and shallow area to appeal to children, and another that has a bar on hot tub to appeal to adults - the latter is very large and is covered in blue tiles - different and attractive.

After a while, we found Jonah's Fruit Shakes (at the West end of the beach, just past the private resort) and enjoyed the shakes as well as barbequed seafood.

The concierge was efficient and helpful in arranging an evening sail and a trip on the glass-bottomed boat. The sail was all we expected, while the glass-bottomed boat was a bit of a disappointment - there was not the variety of fish we saw snorkeling elsewhere. There are all kinds of sports available such as parasailing and Seadoos.

Be aware that the beach parties until the wee hours. We slept through it all. Be extra careful with the sun - we saw many people done to a neon pink.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple