“Pleasant Surprise”

Henann Regency Resort & Spa
Ranked #20 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Last time I was in Boracay was 14 years ago. It has changed so much - many new developments. I've always been partial to staying at resorts located in Boat Station 1 but my conference was located in Boat Station 2. I choose the Boracay Regency because it had a gym and seemed like a good resort on Station 2.

I was pleasantly surprised that I really enjoyed my stay. Station 2 is a bit crowded for me but the minute i step into the hotel, the crowd disappears and I can enjoy peace I crave for sometimes. Great - everything's walking distance, the restaurants in the area plentiful and a gastronomic experience for a foodie like me. If you want to wake up and go out to many choices of establishments - choose a resort in station 2 but make sure to get a resort that can also offer you some quiet time within its grounds - I got that in Boracay Regency

We stayed in a deluxe room because I wanted a balcony with even a partial ocean view and was very happy with the cleanliness and softness of the bed. I found the hotel food excellent and enjoyed my buffet breakfast. Madeline in the front desk even booked a ticket for my wife, in the last minute, when we decided to extend.

My wife and I enjoyed our stay and I'm even planning to bring my family next time. The only reason the Boracay Regency does not get a five (5) star rating from me is because sometimes I still wished the beach had a bit less people - like somewhere closer to station 1 but still close enough to the restos I really enjoy.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank PhilippineTrekker

Reviewed 15 June 2009

We stayed here last June 7-10, 2009.. with my husband and friends but our friends stayed in La Carmela but nothing to compare in Regency.. (no offense) ^-^
we had the Premier Room with pool access.. a little expensive but it is really worth it to spend on.. they have a very accommodating staff, clean ambiance, great food! nothing to regret staying here! If we could only stay for a little longer... =( but...Definitely we'll be back here!

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank enjoylife2dfullest
Reviewed 11 June 2009

I have went here in Boracay Regency last summer and this was an amazing experience everything went well.

Trasfer: Bus/Boat waiting outside Caticlan airport and also goint back.

Hotel Sevice: Great! -the check in did not take long and the receptionist was very kind because we have upgraded into much bigger room from deluxe. Personel was very kind and courteouse they constantly greet you every time you pass by.

Food: Awesome! -Sea Breeze Restaurant serves many kinds of food from appetizers, main and desserts.

Hotel Ammenities: nice -3 pools inside the hotel, Spa massage service, bar, recreation area and a Gym. Main pool is the best!

Room: Clean and tidy. there is nothing to worry about the rooms because all the things like towels shampoo soap are already there

Activities: Aside from banana boat, island hopping there are bands that play every night and flame dance near the beach front of the hotel.

Pro's - luxurious and relaxing
Many choices of food (buffet)
convinience. near restaurant pools and beach.
Security

Con - Price (not much of a con because my air fare is more expensive)

I have no regret in going in this hotel.Although this is fairly expensive hotel i thinks this is worth it.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jay_Isaac
Reviewed 28 May 2009

I visited Boracay with my girlfriend in early May 2009 and it was a fantastic experience. The Boracay Regency is an excellent hotel and even though it is a little more expensive than the others, it was very nice. The rooms were very clean and had a large shower and TV with plenty of channels. The hotel was also excellent with handling our transfer from the hotel to the hotel and I would recommend it. We ate our breakfast at the hotel which was very good (other than some of the flies but expected), and the staff was very friendly. The Philippine people were all very nice all over the island and always seemed willing to help. The beach is about 30 meter away from the back of the hotel and in the middle of the mix. There was a lot of seaweed during our stay but the water is very clear and very relaxing. There were very little vendors on the beach which was different than we expected (i.e. Phuket) but we weren't complaining. Most of the vendors are located between the beach and the hotel but aren't bad. Station 1 is where is there is alot of action late at night (around 11pm) and Station 3 is busy as well. The hotel is at Station 2 and is right in the middle and walking on the beach is very easy. The hotel is also located near D'Mall which has a bunch of different restaurants and some shopping. The Greek restaurant in D'Mall is a MUST HAVE but there are a lot of different places to eat all over the beach. We took an island hopping tour which wasn't great but wasn't too bad. My friends which have gone before had better experiences and it is still a "must-do"! We enjoy going to the beach and sleeping away the day but there are a lot of things to be done on the island. And the sunset is beautiful. Boracay is a wonderful place and enjoy the island and hospitaliy.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ikaria73
Reviewed 28 May 2009

we stayed in boracay regency from may 16-18. we stayed in the family room with pool access. The room is clean and sheets and towels are provided for our group of 5 adults.We enjoyed the buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner included in the package. The resort is about 5 mins walk to the mall where you can buy souviners and try the many food joints inside. whats so nice about Regency is that towels are provided if you will go swimming in the beach or in the pool. Staff are very nice and accommodating. If ever i will go back to Boracay, i will surely stay in Boracay Regency again

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2009

Beautiful!!! Just beautiful... Boracay is gorgeous as it is, but staying in Boracay regency made it heavenly =) We stayed at the garden suite with pool access. We were given privilege to lounge at the VIP lounge at anytime we want, with over flowing drinks, cookies, sandwiches, wine and ice cream etc etc... The rooms are cozy, and as mentioned earlier, we had pool access right from our veranda. The big blue pool has its own bar. Did i mention there are 2 more big pools from the other wings? We were also fortunate to have a massage at their KAI spa. very relaxing =).
SPA amenities are ZEN. Also was able to flex my muscles at their gym. CHeck in and check out was a breeze at their big lobby/reception area. ofcourse, gastronomy.. delicioso my friends! the free breakfast buffet was good till the afternoon. We tried the other restaurants for dinner around the station 2 area where Bora Regency was located, but we still made our way back to the hotel on most occasions due to the "Gazebo grill" which has one of the widest varieties of the day's catch. Yummmmmyyyyy! And finally, you go to boracay for the beach right? You'll get more of what you bargained for in boracay Regency. They have the longest beach front with enough beach beds to cater to beach bums like us. Ne need to squat in other's beach front. Forgot to mention the excellent service from the hawaiian clad staff. this is what you call VALUE FOR MONEY =) Thanks Boracay Regency! We'll definitely comeback for our 2nd, and 3rd and 4th and so on and so forth HONEYMOON in PARADISE XOXOXOX

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank surfmaid
Reviewed 27 May 2009

*went to boracay regency on labor day
*my family and recommend this hotel especially my mom to vacationers who is looking for a perfect holiday
*REASONS:
-beach front
-good food( buffet all the way!)
-nice staff
-nice pools with the pool bar (will get u drunk fo sure!)
-comfortable rooms especially the bed
-the price is VERY worth it
-night life baby!

guaranteed 5 star beach resort!(:
we will be back on september
bought tickets already!!!!!!yahoo!(: