1,906 results
All reviews east wing sea breeze cafe wave bar vip lounge family room pool access buffet breakfast white beach superior room speed boat few steps caticlan airport boracay island hotel guests d mall beach area boat station
Reviewed 8 August 2009

Foreword (has no bearing on the resort): My family and I (2 adults, 2 kids) stayed at Regency for 6 days last month. Our room was a deluxe room in the garden wing. I wanted to stay in the garden wing for fear of the loud partying at the resort's front area, but my Dad who stayed in the north wing said that the noise was not an issue. Another reason I wanted to stay in the garden wing was b/c of the beautiful adult & kiddie pools in the courtyard.

I also wanted to mention that I didn't enjoy Boracay as much as I thought I would. There are a lot of dirty streets/alleys w/ garbage and seemingly open sewage, which I'm convinced made all of us sick for 24 hrs. You'll certainly never see that on any brochure.

The solicitors are also a huge downside; those guys are relentless. I don't understand why they think that annoying me will cause me to use their services. FYI, if you want to arrange activities and don't want to deal w/ these people, you can call the front desk and they'll do it for you for a similar price.

In my opinion the diving was decent, but then again I was certified in Monterey, and all of my other dives have been in Hawaii.

All in all, I probably won't be returning to Boracay.

Pros:
1. My husband and I walked to the ends of both station 1 & 3., and in my opinion, Regency had the cleanest beachfront. They seem to really value having a clean beach. There are also plenty of lounge chairs available. In addition, Regency's central location on White Beach makes it convenient to walk anywhere (esp. D-Mall, which is worth checking out).
2. 3 adult pools to choose from (and 1 kiddie pool)--You can borrow towels at the pool.
3. well-kept grounds--Makes for great pictures.
4. The garden wing was quiet and peaceful (that's not to say the others were not as well).
5. Most employees tried hard to be pleasant. This not the case in many other places.
6. The rooms and grounds can make you feel like you're at a really posh resort. It's a good compromise between the cheap <1000 php/night resorts and a five-star place like Shangri-La.
7. You can arrange for airport pick-up. Some advise to skip this service, but I think it's worth not having to deal w/ tricycles, etc. especially if you have children. Many places offer this service though.

Cons:
1. When we arrived, our room appeared clean, but the bedding was sandy.
2. They charge 150 pesos for one hour of internet (or 500 for 24 hrs), but the worst of it is that your 1 hour automatically expires 24 hours after it's activated. Why is it necessary for there to be a time limit? It made me feel like the resort was trying to suck every dollar that it can out of me. You can argue that I should leave the laptop at home, but that's beside the point.
3. The expensive "mini store" charged 500 pesos for 8 tampons! Walk to the big grocery/drug store at D-Mall and get the same pack for 125 pesos. Again, I felt like they were trying to squeeze more $ out of me.
4. We got a package that included food. Big mistake! The Sea Breeze menu doesn't change much, and after day 2, it was sickening.
5. There were no drawers to store clothes. There's a little storage area under the TV, but it's hardly adequate.
6. Vendors/solicitors are not actively discouraged to stay off of the property. I told the security guard about a vendor who was lurking around well within the resort, and he didn't even say a word. He just kept talking to the lady standing next to him.
7. The side of the building that our room's entrance was on had a view of shack-like structures w/ corrugated roofs. There were also times during the day when it smelled really bad in that area. There's another side of the garden wing that seems to smell bad all the time.
8. Our bathroom already had mold growth, even though the wing is fairly new.
9. The shower glass was not sealed/caulked well. Water always seeped onto the bathroom floor.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank haya0927
Reviewed 26 July 2009

beautiful rooms, hotel located on beach, hotel stay include breakfast buffet and it was a great buffet, many choices.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank gracefullyhappy
Reviewed 18 July 2009

As soon as we arrived at Boracay Regency, we were blown away by how exquisite the hotel was... definitely 5 star standards in our eyes!

Upon arrival, we were pleasantly surprised to have our room upgraded for free, and the lovely hospitality of the friendly staff continued throughout our stay.
Our room was large, modern and clean, although at first it took us a little while to navigate around this large resort (with 3 swimming pools to choose from).
The beachfront location was perfect and also convenient to walk along the boardwalk to access the bars, restaurants and D-Mall. There was a large variety at the buffet breakfast, however we chose to eat our other meals outside the hotel for cheaper prices.

The only downside would be the street vendors that linger outside the hotel grounds, however we found them to be friendly and will leave you alone if you tell them "no thanks". Although there are other more affordable resorts in the area, Boracay Regency is definitely a luxury in the heart of a paradise... we look forward to returning again.

TIP: Prior to travel, make sure to arrange airport pick-up - this will save LOTS of hassle once arriving as the hotels aren't easy to get to!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank miss_judes
Reviewed 8 July 2009

My bf & i went Boracay last year 2008 from 12/12 - 12/16.. I must say, 5 days is not enought for me... I would love to be there for at least a week... This island is a must go for beach lovers... I've been dreaming of going back since the day i'm home...

We reached the hotel at about 11am but 2pm is the normal the check in time.. We are glad that the staff let us check in early without saying a word...

We stayed in the Premier Room with pool access... Check out the pictures & you'll love it.. Its clean, roomie & romantic... The bed is huge & super duper comfy... We love sitting at the balcony by da pool at night chatting & enjoyin the breeze.. Breakfast spread is good but its almost the same food everyday... Just a bit of changes in the buffet line here & there but overall its all good...

We had facial at Kai spa & its the best facial i ever had... The service is good & we feel so pampered... Great ambience & value for money!!! My face is still glowing after a week... Green tea facial is high recommanded!!! Will definately try the 4h spa package the next time i'm there...

For me, this should be a 5 star hotel... Great location, 5-10mins walk to D'mall... Great rooms... Great staff... Great service.. Great spa... =D Will definately stay here again!!!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank r0CkChiC
Reviewed 27 June 2009

This place is just amazing! They surely know how to pamper guests! There's really nothing negative I can say about this place. The hotel was so pristine that my friend opted to stay indoors to sleep and swim for the most of our stay! The staff are accomodating, my friend and I are walking back to the hotel when one of Regency's shuttle happened to pass by and asked us if we wanted to ride back to the hotel! The rooms are so inviting the pools are awesome and the buffet is world-class! On my last day one of their staff members came looking for me on the beach because it was time for us to leave. They didnt leave me behind but waited for me! This is the kind of service you get from a world-class hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends